Home
I was contacted by a person who says he has 3 Remington 788's for sale. Two are carbines in 7-08, the other a 6mm rifle. According to him, the 2 carbines are in VG condition, and they're the ones I'd be interested in. He said $750 OBO. My experience has been with him that his selling price would be much less than that. So, what's the campfire think a fair value would be on these rifles. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Went to see the guy today, and he wasn't home, off on a job somewhere. Made contact with his wife and gave her some more contact info and stressed for him to get in touch with me, but haven't heard anything. His wife said he still had the rifles, and my experience has been that his kind usually get in no hurry about conducting business. So, still waiting.
I would give the left half of my manhood for a clean 7-08 carbine. What is the going rate for a gently used left nut?
I would like to be able to buy something like that for $500 or maybe $600. But that’s old pre-2015 pricing. You would probably have to burn a lot of gas and time to find one for $5-600 anymore. They are neat rifles and I’ve always wanted one in 30-30. I sold one in 308, a 788 Carbine, for $500 many years ago. Offer $650 and see if he’ll budge at $700. If it’s something you want, what’s another $50-100? If it’s something you’re trying to flip, that’s another story.
Originally Posted by 160user
I would give the left half of my manhood for a clean 7-08 carbine. What is the going rate for a gently used left nut?

I don't need another mans nuts, but I know you have some really neat stuff, so if I swing a deal, we might do some trading.
I sold mine for 1700.00 on GunBroker it was mint stock was a awesome wood tiger stripe,
My son tried selling these a few months ago and no luck!!!

Letting a few go out of the collection. Will get pictures taken if there is interest in them.

1) Remington 788 in 243, stock has been refinished. $550

2) Remington 788 in 308 stock has been refinished and missing sling studs. And butt plate. $500

3) Remington 788 in 7mm-08 carbine. This one has front site but no rear. $600

All in decent shape for the age. Some do have some blemish marks on the stock but nothing major.
I will take the 7mm08
A 788 inn 7-08? Go after it and sell you're sister's first born if you have to. Those guns are shooters and a great caliber. Good luck offer 160's left one if needed.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I don't need another mans nuts, but I know you have some really neat stuff, so if I swing a deal, we might do some trading.

My trading stock:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My trading stock:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd have to pass on that one
Be careful you might get a bait and switch and he'll offer the other one. cry
Well one just got sold on your thread for $600 lol. I’d offer him $500 to start. 788’s don’t sell for very much around here.
$600 to $650
Curious to see what they look like. Specifically the 6mm
I’m in Central Texas would see $500-$600 if clean and I would possibly be interested !! Any pictures
They don't make them anymore, so i would pony up and try to get at least one of the 7mm08's.
I have had mine since 1984.
ps:

( my 6mm is the most accurate of my 788's and i own at least one in each caliber!)
I would sure take a R788 for $500 shipped hell yes! Where who has the 7mm-08?
The only two I know of that command higher numbers are the 44 mag and 30-30. I had a 30-30 that would outshoot some customs. I sold it….
I was contacted by a person who says he has 3 Remington 788's for sale. Two are carbines in 7-08, the other a 6mm rifle. According to him, the 2 carbines are in VG condition, and they're the ones I'd be interested in. He said $750 OBO. My experience has been with him that his selling price would be much less than that. So, what's the campfire think a fair value would be on these rifles. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I sold my vg 7mm08 here last April for 850.00 shipped.
HTH
Originally Posted by mjac

I sold my vg 7mm08 here last April for 850.00 shipped.
HTH

I was working on that gun yesterday. I put a Nikon BDC scope on it.
I wouldn't let $150 or so get in the way of getting a 7-08 carbine. They are great shooters in a great caliber and ones in good condition are increasingly hard to find.
Originally Posted by 7887mm08
They don't make them anymore, so i would pony up and try to get at least one of the 7mm08's.
I have had mine since 1984.
ps:

( my 6mm is the most accurate of my 788's and i own at least one in each caliber!)

^^^This^^^

Of all the 788’s I’ve owned over the years, the two most accurate were the 7-08 Carbine and the 6mm.
And the 6mm versions are harder to find than the “rare” 30-30 and 44 mag versions, IMO.

I gave my 7-08 Carbine to one of my nephews many years ago, because he had killed all of his deer and hogs at the Ranch with it.
Wish I still had that one. 😢
I just paid $600 for a 24" barreled 22-250 in great shape and have no buyer's remorse whatsoever.

Buy it. As stated, they don't make them anymore.
I sold one for $900 a year ago, it was as new,
I sold a 7mm08 carbine a few months ago for 850 and i have a carbine 308 now for sale for 750
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
I sold one for $900 a year ago, it was as new,

Prices seemed to have leveled off on most gun sales during the last 6 to 8 months. At least around here.

That being said, I’d have no problem whatsoever paying $600 to $700 for a really clean, or excellent condition 7-08 Carbine, and probably a little more for a really clean 6mm.

Last 6mm version I saw was at a small local gun show about a year ago. Dealer had it priced at $1000.
He also had a really clean 44 mag version, that I called my buddy who was looking for one, to let him know the price.
When I got back around to the Dealer’s table, the 6mm was gone.
© 24hourcampfire