Home
Built for my Dad in 1984 for sheep hunting. Wish I could keep it, but I’m out of room.

Hard-chromed Rem 700 LA, Gentry 3-position safety, Sako extractor, Rem. Trigger hard-chromed, set to 2.8#, Mag box spot welded to receiver; 1:9 twist 22” barrel 1.22” diameter shank, 1.6” shank forward of lug, tapers to .630 at 22”. Stock weighs 25oz. 6.8 lbs naked. 13.25 LOP with ½” Pachmayer pad. Fiberglass stock most likely MPI. Comes with Gentry Conetrol custom sculptured bases and rings. I don’t have a round count, but barrel and throat look to be in fine shape. Will include a couple boxes of brass. No trades. 3-day inspection. Your dealer must accept shipment from private party.

$SPF, plus the ride. SPF
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
You’ll regret selling that someday…..
Originally Posted by Benbo

Yep, so true.

But, if you really need to sell it. I wish you all the best with your sale.
This will make someone a great hunting rifle.

Take care.
great looking rifle in a classy cartridge.
That is a work of art. The Gentries are very nice people, the elder Gentry passed some time back but I bet that's his work. His son also builds nice rifles.
WOW!
That is nice gun and great deal. Gentry made great guns and parts.

Someone should jump on it.
This is really good deal… Bump.
That is a fine rifle
Gentry makes great rifles....I have a Winchester pre-64 338 WM built in the early 80's with a Redfield Widefield 2-7 weighs in a 7 lbs -8 oz loaded....
i did not know Gentry rifles were this well known-I have one in the safe as well-very nice rifle you have there sir!
veddy nice
Had One In a 284.. It Was a Hammer.. Sure Miss It..
For a right handed shooter, this is a smoking deal. You can’t build that for twice the money. Gentry Sr. Used to build Mauser actions from bar stock. He knows his way around rifles and you can bet feed, function, quality parts and installation is perfect. His son is also very skilled. Been to his shop and highly recommend him. Bump
Didn’t Gentry do his own stocks, and then the molds went to Garrett, and then ultimately back to Gentry?

Regardless, fantastic offering. If you want your armored Zeiss spotting scope back - I’d be happy to trade it back on this! laugh
Bump. Nice rifle, glws.
So do you know if the barrel is stainless? Wondering due to markings. Very, very, nice.
Yes, barrel is stainless. The "H" is probably a Hart barrel, but that's a guess.

I think the 7x57 would really shine with a 120g copper bullet.
Per our PM's, I'll take it. Thank you!
Good snag Dean. I sure thought about it.
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

Thank you Dean!!! I kept going back to this rifle.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by Benbo

Yep, so true.

But, if you really need to sell it. I wish you all the best with your sale.
This will make someone a great hunting rifle.

Take care.

Thank you all: My Dad left me many great custom rifles. I plan to keep those with great sentimental value, but I simply don't have room for them all. I'll be listing additional rifles in the coming days. Nice to know they are going to my friends here on 24hour.
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Thank goodness I was getting weak.
How did I not see this?
The selling price would be nice to know for reference.
He was asking $1500. Not sure on actual sell price.
Holy crap I’m glad I didn’t get on last night. Great snag
Dean: Excellent snag and it's going to a good home!!
© 24hourcampfire