Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
I have a used Leica 1600 rangefinder that I've decided to give away to a kid. I'd still be using it but wanted one with angle compensation. It works, it's dirty. But, if you know a kid that would like it, let me know. I reserve the right to choose whoever I feel is best. Please be honest!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: basdjs Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Great gesture!
Posted By: JimH Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Good of you!!
Posted By: Namuh Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
I have a 16 year old grandson that has been hunting with me that would love to have it.
Posted By: 222ND Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Very nice 👍
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Excellent post
Posted By: 160user Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Good on you Sir!
Posted By: Namuh Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
https://imgur.com/a/LudfgEa Here’s his picture
Posted By: spence1875 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Very nice
Posted By: snowboardguy Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Awesome
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
It's a small thing but I want it to be an encouragement to someone.
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
My 10-year-old loves taking random ranges with mine which leads to wearing out the battery! I do know he would love having his own to do that with!
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
👍
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
It’s starting to look like Christmas season. Nice gesture
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Good on ya!
Posted By: 10ring1 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Great gesture!
Posted By: Torqued Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Good on you Fireball2

There's still some good guys that hand down some nice stuff to the young guns.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Some kid is going to be very lucky!
Top of the line range finder.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
My 15 year old grandson would love this and could certainly use it.
Thanks for the awsome gesture!
Posted By: mrmattjohnson Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
My son skyler is 11 and this is his second year deer hunting. Last year he shot a doe and this year he wants to shoot a buck. He is homeschooled and we process our own meat. He likes to help process too with the parts that he can.

He is currently hunting over a food plot with up to 225 yard shots and has been taking closer shots until he gets more experience. He could make good use of it.

I can email pictures of his last deer and some of his targets that he shot this year.

He is a great kid and a good shot.
Posted By: SenderoMan Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Very nice gesture!
Posted By: Steelruger22 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Awesome gesture, very good on you!
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
I'm only 77.
Posted By: farepair Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Very nice. I hope it gives someone the desire to shoot and hunt
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Reasons not to give it to my eldest grandson, Emmett. He comes from a long line of total azzholes. He is 13 and when he gets older, he will sell your rangefinder (and all the guns I gifted him) to chase girls. He can afford his own rangefinder from his kindling bundle business and money saved shooting gramps' ammo. He is a junior trainee over at the firehouse, and I think he just goes there to review the firehouse art pinned to the walls, and learn a new vocabulary.
Posted By: andymick32 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Nice gesture!
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
Flintlocke gave the most honest answer!! There is a difference in material things when they are earned.! I have a friend that has a good kid that’s late 30s . He makes over 100 k a year. Lives in a studio apt behind dads house. Dad charges him $250 a month inc utilitys and the son (good kid) rarely can pay him. The dad is dying and will give the son everything including a half mil. I met his son several times and is a very good kid! Tell us Roy , what is a good kid?? The son could probably use the range finder when he goes to Hawaii !! On a regular basis! Alan
Posted By: MRKbass2 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
If this is still available, my 11 year old daughter would absolutely love this!!
She loves to shoot and is just getting into hunting. Heck , she even built me a complete m4 from parts on the kitchen table for Father’s Day!!
Thank you very much for such a kind gesture smile
Matthew
Posted By: ApolloF7 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/25/23
I sent a pm, not sure I count, I am 18
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
My grandson got deep into hunting last year
Shot a nice buck
His dad got stationed in Alaska for army
Woul like to throw his name in thee hat
Bryton

You a good man
Posted By: Morgan12 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Pm sent
Posted By: Kelljp Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
👍, good deal
Posted By: shoptom Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Just got settled into my chair and thought I'd check the 'fire- this made my day!
Posted By: 160user Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Originally Posted by farepair
Very nice. I hope it gives someone the desire to shoot and hunt

Actually, I was thinking this gives me the desire to try to give away more of my stuff on here to deserving kids.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
There's a lot of kids worthy mentioned here and by PM. To be fair I'll just pull a name out of a hat.

160user, hell yes, go for it.
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Roy, you could always eBay it and give the money to St.Jude??? They are just kids that want to live. Alan
Posted By: 450hunter Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
I just gave my old range finder to a fine young man. He is 10 years old and starting to hunt. I don’t know who felt better me or him. 😂
Posted By: markopolo50 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Originally Posted by 450hunter
I just gave my old range finder to a fine young man. He is 10 years old and starting to hunt. I don’t know who felt better me or him. 😂

I would bet that you probably felt better, but he will not forget who gave him that rangefinder. I have given away a couple shotguns to young hunters. One was a neighbor kid who always wanted to mow my lawn or shovel the driveway, anything to make a few dollars. I asked him what he was buying with his earnings. He said he wanted a shotgun. I talked to his dad to see if it was OK if he had one, as I had a 20 ga single shot. His dad said yes, so I said send him over. I met the boy at the door. His eyes got big when I showed him the gun. He asked if I wanted to sell it. I told him no, I was going to give it to him. He was about ready to jump up and down. I warned him about being safe with it. I moved before the deer season. That kid went hunting behind our houses and shot a big 10 pointer with that 20ga. He called me and I went to see it. 15 yard shot, the buck went down and was still moving. He reloaded and shot it again at 5 yards. I guarantee that kid won't forget that hunt, gun or me. I am still proud to be retelling that story!!!
Well, I drew a name from 10 entered. Threw it back in the bowl, mixed it up, and drew the same name again. Good enough for me. This goes to raineirrifleco for his grandson.

Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Does it come with free shipping.

JK, way cool.👍
Originally Posted by FatCity67

JK, way cool.👍

*shipping is $250* LOL
Posted By: ApolloF7 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Congratulations, I hope it will be used for many deer!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by FatCity67

JK, way cool.👍

*shipping is $250* LOL

Classic Contractor move. 😁🤣😂🤣
Posted By: Woozy Re: Free to a good kid - 10/26/23
Awesome!!
Posted By: Namuh Re: Free to a good kid - 10/27/23
Congratulations
Posted By: tjerica1201 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/28/23
This is Bryton, Rainierrifleco’s grandson. Thank you very much for the range finder! I will definitively be using it while I am hunting caribou and moose here in Alaska!

Attached picture IMG_2594.jpeg
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Free to a good kid - 10/29/23
I would say fireball2 deserves a moose steak or 2
Bryton you should join this forum there is a wealth of knowledge here and some incredibly good people with a life time of hunting and shooting experience
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Free to a good kid - 10/29/23
Well played.
This thread put a smile on my face!
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Free to a good kid - 10/29/23
As I was skeptical of the range finder give away, I think Roy did good! You have to give credit where credit is due. I wonder if the rangefinder will work on bikini girls on the beach ???
© 24hourcampfire