Home
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Up for sale are three winter-prime river otter pelts from Southeast Alaska. Alaska otters run bigger than their down south brethren. These silky garment tanned pelts have shiny guard hair and a plush underfur. They are 54"-58" in length and were professionally tanned. All three of these were trapped, so no bullet holes to worry about. All three have the required CITES sealing tags attached. They make for great wall hangings or whatever fur sewing project you might be interested in. $170 each shipped or buy all three for $475. Payment by USPS money order or check for legit members.
Maybe one of the coolest things I’ve seen in the classifieds in a while.

Very nice.
Those are gourgous!
How wide are they approximately? Thanks
I’ll take one. Pm sent. John
I’ll take one
Only fur I use for hats, mitts etc up here above the Arctic Circle. SEAK otters are big and make the best warm gear.
One big one not yet spoken for, approximately 9" wide.

I also have two smaller ones available, 50-52" long and 7.5" wide, for $160 each or both for $300
I will take the last big pelt. PM me with payment details please.

Robb
Big ones all spoken for. For anyone else interested, realize that the "small" ones are still over four feet long.
Really interesting offering. Thanks for putting these up
Certainly not something you see every day.
They look great. Did Moyle's tan them? I have always been very happy with their work.
Yep, tanned by Moyle. They've never let me down with any critter I've sent them from muskrats to mountain goats.
Definitely cool!

I'd be interested in a large one if more become available.
Up
up again
Free bump with a question. Are these trapped or shot? I'd guess trapped but the rifle in the picture makes me wonder.
Originally Posted by bbassi
Free bump with a question. Are these trapped or shot? I'd guess trapped but the rifle in the picture makes me wonder.

Use enough gun! 🤣
Coolest items that have been listed on here in a while that doesn't go bang !
As mentioned in the original post, these I'm selling were trapped. I just used the pic of the one I shot because it's my best otter photo. Plus who around here doesn't like seeing a pic of a 9.3x62? The 286 Partition at 2400 is a fine otter load by the way. The otter shown in the pic with the rifle is the same size as the remaining smaller ones.
Are there any left?
Two left
Back up
I'm surprised you were successful with the 9.3x62...usually I carry my 458 Win for those otters grin Bullet placement is key, I suppose.
I love your rifle though; that's a fantastic Alaskan rig.
Not to insult but,$250 for the two small?
No is an ok answer if not.
Thanks 907brass, it's a southeast do-it-all rifle for sure.

Absarokee: Welcome to the 'fire. Common practice here is for such negotiations to occur via PM. Just a social tip......
Thank you for the advice but this is and has been the response I receive if I try to use PM

"Private Topics are disabled for your current member level."

Any suggestions?
absarokee...you probably don't have enough posts. Just get on a topic and do some replies here and there to get it up. Cool pic of otter!
One pelt left.
Do you have any synthetic ones for our left leaning members?? I’ll agree with many, I never realized how beautiful they are!
Originally Posted by verg
absarokee...you probably don't have enough posts. Just get on a topic and do some replies here and there to get it up.

Better yet. Maybe he should post his phone number or email address and have a meaningful conversation rather than typing stupid schit to get his post count up. My suggested method builds trust. Your method does not.
All are spoken for now, and PMs answered. Thanks for all the interest.
Moving this back up. Had a PM buyer commit but never send payment or have any further comms.

One last pelt, 50-52" long available for $160.
I received mine and it is beautiful. Great seller.
I'll take the last one. PM to follow.
© 24hourcampfire