Home
Looking for an early Browning Auto made in 1903. Would prefer one with a serial # below 500. Will consider newer ones up to 10,000. Also interested in any parts for an early Browning Auto 5 in the same time frame. 1903/1904 Auto. Thanks
Wow! I'm not sure I've ever seen one from back in 1903! Good luck! I'd love to see what you find!
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
Wow! I'm not sure I've ever seen one from back in 1903! Good luck! I'd love to see what you find!
There out there. Hard to find though!!!! Thanks
Good luck, I’d love to find a 1903 too! I have a 1905, which is the earliest I’ve ever seen in person and I doubt I’d ever sell it.
That would have the suicide trigger, no?
Originally Posted by Reloder28
That’s correct suicide safety
Do u have one or know of one or any parts?
My neighbor has one he wants to Sell serial # X 7167
but it is 16ga if you were interested.
PM me with your cel # for pictures !
Mark—-mugsydog—-
Looking for 12 gauge only. Thanks
Originally Posted by 1911Fan4Life
Do u have one or know of one or any parts?

Had one last year. It was a 1920’s model, 24 i think. Sold it to a guy that nearly wet his pants when he handled it.

You could call Art Isaacson, Art’s Gun Shop in Missouri. He deals in everything concerning Auto 5’s.
Up
Up
Bump
Originally Posted by Reloder28
That’s correct suicide safety

My son in law just inherited one from his father. It was his grandfathers. He was telling me about the suicide safety/trigger. I told him that was BS. I've never heard of one. Well, I guess you just proved me wrong. Its an early Browning auto 5 12ga. Not sure what year, I'll have to go check now.
Up
I have often wondered about part interchangeability A5 vs Rem Model 11. Anybody?
Bump
Still looking for anything below serial #10000
In 12 gauge only. Will look like this

Attached picture IMG_0357.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_0071.jpeg
Up
I have a very nice older Auto 5 with suicide safety. Will check the serial number when I get home.
Mine has later serial number than I thought. 298,000'ish. Light Twelve. Mint. Suicide safety. I would sell it at the right price. Sounds newer than you are looking for.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by JohnGlenn
Mine has later serial number than I thought. 298,000'ish. Light Twelve. Mint. Suicide safety. I would sell it at the right price. Sounds newer than you are looking for.

Good luck.

Does it have Light 12 engraved on the receiver? Safety gold colored?
Yes to both.
Yes that’s newer. This is the suicide safety I’m looking for.

Attached picture IMG_0330.png
Yep. Mine is definitely newer. Light twelve goldish colored suicide safety. Like that, but more modern looking.
If yours says Light Twelve on the side of the receiver and has a good trigger it should not have a suicide safety
Post a pic if u can
If yours says Light Twelve on the side of the receiver and has a good trigger it should not have a suicide safety

My guess is it’s a 1949 model. 47 had unmarked Light Twelves as did 48. 49 was the last year of the suicide sliding safety if I remember correctly
Hello, PM sent
Bump
Up
Up
Bump
Up
© 24hourcampfire