Home
Like new (haven't been touched since back from the factory) SLC 10x42 (NON HD)- 950 shipped

Twist up eye cups, Cabela's soft cover included

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Tag
Posted By: redpep Re: --- Swarovski SLC 10x42 --- - 01/06/24
What year were they made?
Did the factory update the coating?
I'm not sure of the age, overall were in vg shape but the bino strap was split and a couple other minor cosmetic issues. Sent them in 3-4 years back, they replaced all the seals, changed the armor and added the twist cups.

They are about as close to a new set of Swaro SLC's you're going to get for an older set of glass.

Honestly don't know about the coating.

Love these BINS and but have only used them in the house a few times, pretty much live in the safe. Have a pair of 8x30 SLC's that I use in the field.
Dog has had two ACL surgery's this past year and the 2nd leg done needs the plate removed as it's not healing correctly and I'm having surgery in a month, so trying to free up some cash.
Is there a serial number on the underside of the hinge?
Posted By: Dogcat Re: --- Swarovski SLC 10x42 --- - 01/06/24
These are an older model but are in mint condition. The price is more than fair. I have had about 5 pairs of these over the years. On my Africa hunts, I usually leave a set behind for the PH or trackers. The glass in these is the same as the newer models. The newer models are just cosmetically different. I have used 5 different brands over the years and these are the best. If I did not have 3 sets of these in my closet right now, I would buy them.
And if they stay on this posting much longer, I might just do it!
Posted By: Lonny Re: --- Swarovski SLC 10x42 --- - 01/06/24
tag.
I have this same binocular. I have a hard time distinguishing between this one and the newer generation optically. This one does feel beefier in the hand, which some like and some do not. This is a good buy.
First two numbers of the serial number plus 30 years gives manufacturers date typically on swaro binos except for the ones made in the last couple years.
Thanks for the positive comments... I'm not home at the moment, can look at the serial number this evening.

Not a mark on the body or glass and ready for someone to put them to use.
SPF
© 24hourcampfire