Home
Zbrojovka Brno, 8x57s, 7-9 on barrel, 48 in front of action, SN 209XX. This is a shooter-grade example, as it was stored with a slip-on recoil pad and the stock is slightly lighter where the pad was. The pad will be included and is in good shape. The stock may be touched up to be made matching but thats above my pay grade. A few slight dings in the wood if you look close. Smooth action, great trigger. Good sling attachments. Great open sights. Not drilled/tapped for a scope.

I'm no expert on these. Finding a value isn't easy. I started a "what do I have here thread" a few months back: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-check-what-do-i-have-here#Post18800498.

The only one on gunbroker that's similar is $2695. Since this one is shooter-grade, how about half that, $1350 including shipping/insurance?

I can send as many pics as you want if you give me an email/phone #.
I dont need anything, but I might trade for custom rifles, nice glass, or ???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice
Very nice.
Just curious. does this one have the bolt guide? you can tell from the slot on the underside of the rear receiver ring or from the guide on the bolt. thanks
Barrel length?
Can anyone answer whether this has the bolt guide HMP is asking about?

Bolt guide is on the same side as the bolt handle root. Also look under the rear bridge for the matching notch. They'll be there in this BRNO.

Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Barrel length?

21"
I bought a pretty nice one, not a collector grade, here on the fire last year for around 1100 by the time it got to my door.
Pretty rare to see one in single trigger.
How do they compare to Zastava Mausers?
Price drop to $1199 plus ship/ins or make an offer.

I could use a 22 hornet w brass, a nice suppressor host handgun, or ?
Originally Posted by ringworm
How do they compare to Zastava Mausers?

They don't, more correctly, the Zastavas don't compare. The Brno has much higher standard of quality. Not that the Zastava is bad, and even has some advantages. But, theis Brno is much nicer tan any factory Zasatva ever was.
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Bolt guide is on the same side as the bolt handle root. Also look under the rear bridge for the matching notch. They'll be there in this BRNO.

You're right about the location of the guide but not all post war commercial Brno's had them. Late war production of K98k's omitted them as an expedient. When Brno transitioned back to commercial productions they used up surplus bolts and then altered the tooling to again incorporate the bolt guide.
PM sent
Z1r is correct. The only reason for the guide is due to the charging thumb cut for the stripper / charger clips in the military rifles. That feature was removed in most commercial copies so it negated the need for the guide. It's expediency is the saving of manufacturing cost as was the single broached transition to double broached.
PM sent
$1149 plus s/i.
BTT
Can you shoot me a message please, I’m interested.
I can’t PM you yet as I just joined.
Eight won sevn 771 726ate
I have the exact same rifle and love it
I know I’m new here, but I’m on other gun forums under this same name too, I’ve bought and sold plenty there if you want to look for feedback. Thanks!
Tag please.
If you’d prefer to email or something just let me know, I’ll buy it at your price.
Still willing to buy it. I’m on NitroX, gunboards, Africahunting, RFC etc if you need references. Thanks,
Clay
Can this Brno be bought?
That rifle sold on a different thread.
Sorry, gents I didn't know people were still posting on this thread. The rifle sold a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.
© 24hourcampfire