Home
Looking for a long action, right hand, walnut sporter stock for a Classic (2-piece bottom metal) Sporter Model 79. Would consider stock inletted for 1-piece bottom metal as well, but prefer two piece. I am looking for something with some figure in it - doesn’t have to be super grade quality, though.

Also, looking for a well-figured right hand stock for a Safari Express.
tag
I have a pile of Model 70 stocks but I am not sure any of them have much for figure in them.
About 25 years ago, I was in the Scheels store in Rapid City, SD. Why I was in Rapid City, I don’t remember. They had a new 25-06 Classic Sporter on clearance for about $400.

One side of the stock was pretty enough, the other looked like it was made out of sapwood. I bought it. It is one of my best shooting rifles - in the top 2 or 3. Will shoot under an inch with 120 gr partitions @ 3150fps or thereabouts, if I am up to it. And it was easy to get there.

Would just like to dress it up a bit. I have had various opportunities to buy Super Grade stocks for it, which would have required new bottom metal. I don’t need a crossbolt on a 25-06 and Super Grade’s are unnecessarily heavy. Beside’s it’s not that fancy, just a darn good rifle.
I may have what you are after. Early 70s stock from a .30-06. I can get you pics via text or email as 24hc doesn't like my phone pics.I believe it has a raised cheek piece and is checked. Not perfect but good. PM me with a number or email if interested.
I have a model 70 stock has black recoil pad.added high glass 60s red letter grip cap. Not a lot of figure? PM if it's something you can yous or would like to see can text photos Not a show piese solid youser stock has cross bolts.
© 24hourcampfire