Home
Posted By: 44automag for all the bourbon lovers - 02/16/24
I have a bottle of 10 year old rip van winkle that I have been holding on to for a special occasion and unfortunately health reasons are forcing me to miss out on enjoying this ,no more alcohol for me frown . I would love to trade this for a nice rifle or pistol or? this would have to be a face to face trade and I am willing to drive a few hours for the right trade. this bottle was bottled in 2018 and has been sitting in my cabinet unopened since i won the lottery and bought it. let me know what you have. I value this at 750.00 dollars trade value. you can Text for a faster response or message me here on the board. two 08 seven 98-9277 thanks Chris

Attached picture 20240213_233736-1.jpg
Attached picture 1000004276.jpg
GLWT.
Oh my…
Text sent
Posted By: GF1 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/16/24
That is actually pretty low for a bottle of Pappy.
Man I sure do love good bourbon…but a $1/ml is too rich for this boy. Sorry for your new health hurdles. Obviously not the occasion you were looking for when you first got the bottle. GLWT😎👍
Posted By: Full3r Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/16/24
This is not a bad deal at that price if you look at what they are bringing. I have a bottle here that wife won in a raffle.

Hope medical stuff gets better. GLWS
I’ve always wondered what that stuff tastes like…what all the fuss is about surrounding “rip van winkle” wish you were closer to Texas
Originally Posted by GF1
This is a bottle of ORVW 10 yr.
Originally Posted by GF1
Yep. Friend of mine who has more money than sense sometimes drinks it. It is very good bourbon.
I thought you were joking, so I looked up it up. Holy cow! Every body is Right, you asking too little. But more than i can afford!!!!!
Good stuff!
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
Good stuff!

Not that good.
Originally Posted by Craigster
Good stuff!

Not that good.

Opinions vary....
I am located in central Idaho Near Lewiston for anyone interested in a face to face. I would really like to trade it for a cz pistol or rifle other interests might be odd caliber rifles of good quality.
Good stuff!

Not that good.

Opinions vary....

They do ...
Posted By: 5960 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/16/24
break out the Ripple
Posted By: JWL3 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/16/24
Good stuff!

Not that good.

Opinions vary....

isn't bad, but also isn't consumed for its taste...there are better tasting, much less expensive imo.

it's the experience of saying one has had or owns and the perfect propaganda market and limited distribution that sets its value
Hi neighbor, Im in Winchester. I dont drink whiskey anymore, but if you run across any Boones Farm Strawberry Hill , Im a buyer !
Free bump
I think some of the "posters" are mistaking this for "Pappy Van Winkle" which has gained a somewhat deserved rarity, however this is not "Pappy". It is, in its own right, a very good bourbon and well worth the asking price or more!
Posted By: JWL3 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/16/24
Originally Posted by Combatpreacher
I think some of the "posters" are mistaking this for "Pappy Van Winkle" which has gained a somewhat deserved rarity, however this is not "Pappy". It is, in its own right, a very good bourbon and well worth the asking price or more!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Raffle it off on the Campfire. $20/ticket
I like it. 50 tickets at $20 ea…..I would be a holder of a few tics…
Posted By: Zmgsvt Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
I'm in for a raffle
Posted By: jc189 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Good idea, I would think 50 tickets @ $20 would sell pretty quick. Then you could just buy what you want.
Posted By: kudu3 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Put me down for a couple!

Dean
Posted By: rong Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
I would get in on that.

5 anyway
Posted By: win7stw Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
I’d love to get in on that
Yep, I’d be good for a few as well. May be the only way any of us will ever get a bottle.
Originally Posted by kenster99
Hi neighbor, Im in Winchester. I dont drink whiskey anymore, but if you run across any Boones Farm Strawberry Hill , Im a buyer !
Free bump
they sell that up here in upstate,N.Y.
Posted By: boatboy Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
I honestly wonder if I did a blind taste would I really appreciate it? Laugh but I like Wild Turkey the best of all
I can kill a bottle of that in short order
I would be in for a ticket for the hell of it

I bet 50 tix would go very fast

Hank
Posted By: boatboy Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24

Hi Scott

Hope all is well
Hank
Hey everyone I am not against a raffle but just a quick search to do it definitely does not look to be easy especially if the bottle needs to be shipped which can only be done by a licensed shipper and costs a pretty penny I think for the hassles I would have to go through I do not think it would be worth it. In fact some states do not allow it at all to be shipped to. If anyone could find an easy way to do this I am not against it. But again I would much rather trade this for a nice rifle or pistol:-)
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Mix that with a little coke or pepsi. Yum Yum
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Never could figure why anyone would want to go and foul up the taste of a good bourbon by adding a soda pop to it.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Never could figure why anyone would want to go and foul up the taste of a good bourbon by adding a soda pop to it.

Like putting ketchup on a ribeye....
Originally Posted by longshot3

Like putting ketchup on a ribeye....

Or like putting ice in Guinness
Posted By: poboy Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
or beans in chili.
Posted By: Teeder Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Originally Posted by Zmgsvt
I'm in for a raffle

+1!

I'm in!
Posted By: 007FJ Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Originally Posted by poboy
or beans in chili.

Dems fighting words
Posted By: G8ters Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
I’m in for a ticket
Posted By: JeffP Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24

I’m pretty sure that was satire….
Posted By: EdM Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
I figured shipping would be an issue.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Killed a bottle of this last month in Georgia after Quail hunting over 4 days. It's very good and probably the most expensive hangover ever. A friend who is a Bourbon whore of the biggest magnitude won it in a raffle much like the one being talked about.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Anyone have a bottle of Russells Reserve 13 they'd like to sell...?? 🥃👍🥃
I’m in for tickets. I may even have some extra special bottles to raffle later on too.
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hi Scott

Hope all is well
Hank
Doing OK. Long fall while caring for my Mom on Hospice and then the subsequent funeral and taking care of Dad. All is well, as "we do not grieve as the rest of the world". Hope all is well with you my friend!
Posted By: LHS905 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/17/24
Why only 50. Make it worth Automags while-100 tickets. If he can't ship it-an epic Campfire Pony Express transfer via CF members to the winner. What a hoot-I would sure participate both in buying tickets and in the relay if it came through my home country. I'd drive a couple hours to hand it off.

There are certainly risks-ala kamo gari's "Stubbs" saga, but without being cliche, it would be epic.

LHS
I'm in for tickets
Originally Posted by LHS905
Why only 50. Make it worth Automags while-100 tickets. If he can't ship it-an epic Campfire Pony Express transfer via CF members to the winner. What a hoot-I would sure participate both in buying tickets and in the relay if it came through my home country. I'd drive a couple hours to hand it off.

There are certainly risks-ala kamo gari's "Stubbs" saga, but it without being cliche, it would be epic.

LHS

Love this idea!! The stories would/could be epic!!
Put me down for a ticket if it comes to fruition. That would be the only way I’d ever own a bottle.
Posted By: Dinny Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/18/24
Ship it via USPS. Tell them it's a liquid (expensive olive oil) when you ship it. Seal it inside a plastic trash bag then pad it very well inside a double walled cardboard box.

Verifying someone's age will be much harder. Sure don't want it going to a teenager.
I'm sitting on 3 botles of Blantons and don't think I'm worthy enough to drink. Let alone Rip Van Winkle........
Posted By: hanco Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/18/24
Gonna hit the dancehall, have some Jack. I know it ain’t burbon, but I like it.
Posted By: ChanceD Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/18/24
I’d buy a ticket.
This may have been asked, but where are you in Texas?
He is in Idaho
Originally Posted by specialK
He is in Idaho
Yeah, I missed that… I thought I saw that someone had said he was in Texas. My bad. I’m still voting on the raffle.
Posted By: wagner Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/18/24
If you’re ever bored check out “The Bourbon King” on Netflix,…parts 1&2. Pappygate! I think it’s in the Heist series. I give it a 7/10. Some may find it interesting.
Posted By: jc189 Re: for all the bourbon lovers - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by Dinny
Ship it via USPS. Tell them it's a liquid (expensive olive oil) when you ship it. Seal it inside a plastic trash bag then pad it very well inside a double walled cardboard box.

Verifying someone's age will be much harder. Sure don't want it going to a teenager.

put it in one of these before you box it up to ship. You can get it on amazon.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A bunch of you fellas who are going to a meet together oughta team up and buy the bottle. Drink shots out of it together.
this has been traded
© 24hourcampfire