Home
Posted By: remingtonman ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
Anyone have a 17hornet for sale or trade that isn’t being used? Would like to try one out for crows and coyotes. I have a tikka i can trade in 300win mag. Shoot me a pm with offers
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
I’ve got one, but it’s not for sale.😁

You’ll love it if you can find one. Mine’s a CZ 527…super accurate! It’s a fun rifle! Crows and coyotes will be nervous.😁

Good luck in your search.

Leftybolt
Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by Leftybolt
I’ve got one, but it’s not for sale.😁
You’ll love it if you can find one. Mine’s a CZ 527…super accurate! It’s a fun rifle! Crows and coyotes will be nervous.😁
Good luck in your search.
Leftybolt
Yup, feel the same way about my 527 Varmint - the little 17 Hornet is addictive!
Posted By: Reloader326 Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
I bought one of the savage model 25’s on Gunbroker. Wasn’t my first choice but the only hornet I could find under $1k. Not a bad rifle, plenty accurate .
Posted By: matt_allen Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
I have a box of factory ammo I would let go in not sure we’re I ended up with it from
Posted By: 17CalFan Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by Reloader326
I bought one of the savage model 25’s on Gunbroker. Wasn’t my first choice but the only hornet I could find under $1k. Not a bad rifle, plenty accurate .
If you get a chance buy an extra mag and trigger guard. Dang plastic is pretty flimsy. And don't try 1680, it's hard to find the 2nd and 3rd holes smile
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
Remingtonman: Don't forget, in your search/quest, the wonderful Ruger 77/17 Hornet Varmint weight Rifles!
Back when they were new two of my friends bought them and both were very accurate and reliable. And this, I have proven, the round, with carefully placed shots kills Badgers easily!
Let alone their wonderful performance on Ground Squirrels and Prairie Dogs.
I finally found a lightly used Ruger 77/17 Hornet Varmint weight and have used it 3 seasons now. Pleased does not begin to describe how happy I am with it!
It goes without saying how wonderful the Ruger rotary magazines work - nothing on the market compares to these 6 shot Ruger rotary magazines!
Last I heard the folks at Ruger were still offering these Model 77/17 Hornets in a couple of models/variations.
Haven't seen any Crows kill't with the 17 Hornet round but it really makes a black cloud of feathers appear when used on Ravens! Not that it was me doing THAT shooting.
Best of luck in your quest.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/18/24
Matt allen: How much for the 17 Hornet ammo?
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/19/24
If you have a CZ 452 Maple in 17HMR, a 452 Grand Finale, or a nice rifle in 17HM2 you’d be willing to trade - I have a 527 American and a Varmint in 17 Hornet that I’d be willing to trade.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...z-452-maple-or-grand-finale#Post19192195
Posted By: 14idaho Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/19/24
Interested in hornet ammo. Price?
Posted By: remingtonman Re: ISO 17hornet rifle - 02/19/24
Ttt
Anyone have a savage 17hornet?
© 24hourcampfire