Home
Posted By: OlRufus Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/19/24
Anyone still running something that can use these? Make me a reasonable offer.
Cleaning out an old desk of mine I came across 8 full boxes of 10 each Floppy Disks. One has been opened but all ten are there. Somebody must still use them because I see Amazon has them for sale.
OFFERS WELCOME!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]A
Posted By: OlRufus Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/20/24
^^^^
Posted By: gte901m Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/20/24
Brings back nightmares of installing Windows98 via 3.5" floppy.....there was something like 40 installation disks.

Bump for a 90s flash back.
Posted By: dtalbot Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/20/24
3 1/2" I've got some 10 inchers! Way back, 1978. DECsystem days. The 'Floppy"
Posted By: OlRufus Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/20/24
^^^^
Posted By: OlRufus Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/21/24
^^^^
Posted By: Jcon72 Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/21/24
Originally Posted by gte901m
Brings back nightmares of installing Windows98 via 3.5" floppy.....there was something like 40 installation disks.

Bump for a 90s flash back.

Or Microsoft Office 95, something like 27 disks. And just as you insert approximately disk #24--two hours into the installation--you get a "Disk I/O Read Error: Retry/Abort".
And that's when the whole computer goes right out the 2nd story window.
Posted By: OlRufus Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/21/24
These are SPF. Thanks
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/21/24
I think I still have DOS 6.22(?) on 3.5” disks, though no computer that takes them, only an HP pocket-sized computer that’s hooked up to an AC outlet and still lives, though if it crashes, that’s it.

Zork anyone?
Posted By: Ronald_55 Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/21/24
I think I have 2 or 300 used ones in a box in the garage I been meaning to go through. I closed out a few offices in my time and collected up a bunch. Sold 100 on ebay years ago to a lady that does sewing patterns she saved on disk to sell at the sewing shop.

Now if I can find something to read the tape reel I have. lol
Posted By: Dinny Re: Floppy Disks (DISKS) - 02/21/24
Probably should load instructions for posting pictures on those disks and send them to the more challenged members.
© 24hourcampfire