Home
Posted By: Redhairy ATTENTION Florida Residents!! - 03/03/24
Good afternoon my name is Michael. I am looking to Hunt Osceola Turkeys on private land in Florida. Willing to pay a landowner fee. I have killed 10 eastern turkeys and I am looking to get my grand slam. If you know anyone or have property send me a PM. I am 25 years old and an army veteran who will treat your property with the utmost respect and abide by any rules set.
Michael, I'm here in Mississippi but if I had land in Florida I'd let you hunt my land for free with no rules and use it like you owned it. Thank you for you service, I always honor and appreciate Veterans who gave their best for me. Chris
You’re welcome sir it was an honor to serve. Thank you for the kind words Chris.
Originally Posted by BladeRimfire
Michael, I'm here in Mississippi but if I had land in Florida I'd let you hunt my land for free with no rules and use it like you owned it. Thank you for you service, I always honor and appreciate Veterans who gave their best for me. Chris

I'm in FULL agreement!

HS 58
Thank you for your service. Best of luck to you getting an Osceola. If you don’t have any luck this route reach out to me. I have helped out with veteran hunts for the last 10 years in Mississippi. The guy we coordinate this hunt for runs a wounded veteran ministry that takes guys all over the country every year hunting anything from turkeys, whitetail, mule deer, elk, pronghorn, bison, etc. if that’s something you would be interested in just give me a shout
I have hunted hogs in Florida but never turkey. I’m not trying to pay $3,000 for a guide so I thought I’d post on here. I have heard public land is super tough.

I would take you up on the veteran hunts but I’m not a wounded veteran I would rather you guys take someone that has a Purple Heart. Thank you for the offer though!
Is Mims Florida close? I know a guy with 20 acres there.

Thanks, Dinny
USA, SFC
Retired 68W
Posted By: mjac Re: ATTENTION Florida Residents!! - 03/04/24
I friend and I are looking at multiple properties in north central Florida next weekend. Neither of us hunt turkey, only deer and hogs.
We hope to close on something soon but probably not before spring turkey season.
I will keep you in mind.
Good luck regardless.
Several Years ago I hunted down near Port Charlotte on the West coast, but Ive lost all the information and cant help U much...seems as if the hunt cost $250 a day.
Sent PM.
I speared some hogs with an outfitter about a hour east of Tampa. It was so much fun there was hogs everywhere!
Hope you guys get a nice buck and boar!
If you cannot find a place to go, here's a FWC Map of where/what Counties have the Osceola turkeys.
And here's the link to FWC Turkey Hunting Dates, Fees and Management areas to hunt for them.
You should have no problem finding the Oceola's in management (public) areas.
Many of the Management areas have overnite camping, rv/camper and primitive camping. You can find local motels within reasonable driving distances too.
g/l

https://myfwc.com/license/

https://myfwc.com/hunting/turkey/

https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/birds/game-birds/wild-turkeys/

* Looking on the attached Map, the names of each Management area is listed and shows the County they are located in.

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-03-03 201905.png
Thank you for all the info! I have hunted public land across several states. I just know Florida is a different animal.
The Campfire has a Rifles for REMFS give-away too. All the Rubes get played and pony up pretty good $$$.

Apply at the front desk.
Bump
Good luck, thanks for your service.
Bump
Bump
© 24hourcampfire