Home
Posted By: jmcdguns Custom Mauser in 300 Savage - 03/04/24
Custom Mauser in 300 Savage, 24" barrel, set triggers, super grade type sling swivel bases. Bore is clean bright and shiny. Weighs in right at 8 lb. $700 plus actual shipping and insurance. Not looking for trades, no electronic payments.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Do you have any pictures showing the barrel-to-stock inlet clearance? Nice bit of checkering there,
03 Mauser? Never heard of that. What's written on the receiver ring or on the LH side of the receiver?
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
03 Mauser? Never heard of that. What's written on the receiver ring or on the LH side of the receiver?

I put 03 as that is on bottom metal and bolt. Nothing on left side of receiver, have not removed scope base to see what's underneath.
Posted By: MWN Re: Custom 03 Mauser in 300 Savage - 03/05/24
That is a lot of rifle there, especially with the double set triggers. Curious as to what Mauser action that is. Is it cock on closing?
Large ring 98 should be cock on opening.
And this one's a beauty.....
Originally Posted by JeffG
Do you have any pictures showing the barrel-to-stock inlet clearance? Nice bit of checkering there,
No clearance, barrel sits against stock.
Man you have some slick looking old rifles. GLWYS. I'll just be sitting over here drooling.
6th pic down from top, about 4" down left side of barrel is a speckle of rust I missed, $100 off... Now$600 plus actual shipping costs.
That's quite a gem for the price!
Up
What is the country of origin?

Does it have a serial number?
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

At this time the country of origin is unknown to me. There are no numbers visible on the receiver, today I will pull the stock to see what markings are underneath.
Damn near perfect deer hunting cartridge.
Originally Posted by jmcdguns
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

At this time the country of origin is unknown to me. There are no numbers visible on the receiver, today I will pull the stock to see what markings are underneath.

Cannot find any definitive proof marks, all I know is it's a 98 Mauser variant. Only definitive marking I can find marked in several places is "03". I can say my knowledge of Mausers is very small someone else smarter than me would have to figure this out.
TTT
Would you happen to have the receiver sight that was mounted on it? Very nice!!

PennDog
Originally Posted by PennDog
Would you happen to have the receiver sight that was mounted on it? Very nice!!

PennDog

Nope
© 24hourcampfire