Home
Posted By: Torqued ISO old chain fish stringer - 03/08/24
As the title says, I'm on the hunt for an old well used chain fish stringer

Preferably with the galvanizing well worn and maybe some worn in rust. Not rust from sitting in a bucket of water.

I know there are plenty of fisherman on here, figured this would be a good place to look for one.

If anyone has something close to what I described, let me know and I will pm my number for por pics

Thanks for looking
I'm sure I have a few. Mine are rusted from use and leaving in the back of my truck most of the year. Pm me and I'll grab some pictures later
No rusty ones here. Mine stay shiny from having so many fish on them. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My Cousin had a few Walleyes on one of those hanging off the side of the boat in Canada. There was a bunch of commotion by the stringer and when he pulled it up, there was a Northern Pike hooked on!! Apparently he was going to eat a Walleye and hooked himself with the clip!!
A long time ago I found out snapping turtles would eat bluegill off of a chain stringer. That's when I started using a collapsible basket.
Just curious as to what you’re planning to use it for. I’m guessing some sort of vintage craft type creation. Inquiring minds want to know. ❓
One of our strip pits has some very big green sunfish in it and another has crappie so black they're blue.

I want to get a mount done with some of each hanging vertically on an old metal stringer.
Posted By: Sweets Re: ISO old chain fish stringer - 03/08/24
That would be cool
Try that junk shop in Calhoun... he's usually got some old fishing stuff.
I stopped in there one afternoon last week. He didn't have anything then.
I go through there twice a day going to and from Sedalia,so it's easy to follow up on.
Originally Posted by Torqued
One of our strip pits has some very big green sunfish in it and another has crappie so black they're blue.

I want to get a mount done with some of each hanging vertically on an old metal stringer.
Those mounts look good. Friend of mine has a stringer of 4 pound brook trout mounted and another with 5 or 6 2 1/2 -3 pound crappie . I'll send your picture in a couple hours
Ironic you don’t see them that much anymore

Good luck with the search

Hank
Dog gone, I think I got one in my barn. Send me your address.
Originally Posted by immature
A long time ago I found out snapping turtles would eat bluegill off of a chain stringer. That's when I started using a collapsible basket.

And, if you hang your basket in the water atop a submerged invisible tree stump, when you are ready to pull anchor, there’ll be no supper on the table. Lost a basket FULL of Crappie & Catfish that way.
Originally Posted by boatboy
Ironic you don’t see them that much anymore

Good luck with the search

Hank

I have my original from 1970 & the galvanized floating Minnow bucket displayed in my Gun room.
Troutnut set me up with what I'm looking for.

Even though not everyone agrees one every topic around here and some people may be a little cantankerous sometimes. All in all this is a great bunch of folks that are good about helping out when they can.

Thanks everyone.
© 24hourcampfire