Home
Posted By: mow1954 Slow Watch - 03/13/24
This is a Swiss made one hand watch. In as-new condition. It is designed as a lifestyle watch when precise time isn't always needed. I call it a "retirement watch"... Very stylish and keeps great time. It will take a couple days, but once you get used to it you can tell time within about five minutes. This watch sells for $300. I have my eye on something else, so Id like to find this one a new home. Will sell for $190 TYD. Here is a link with more info

https://www.slow-watches.com/product/slow-round-11/

Attached picture slow.jpg
Posted By: milespatton Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
$300? I have owned a lot of $10-15 Timex watches that kept better time than that. That was over a period of years, when I was the boss in charge of Starting time, time to quit, and lunch break. When I retired I quit wearing a watch, except for hunting. Here you have legal start and quit times, and you have to put on your tag the time you shot an animal. miles
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Mow1954: I thought this was a joke!
But it appears to be "real"?
If real I have to ask you... why?
GLWYS
BTT
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: mow1954 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Yep $300, and they are selling a lot of them. I will assure you that other watches don't keep better time than this one. Just that Slow watches are a little more difficult to read with precision. Some people are Timex guys and some appreciate a Swiss made watch.

As to why have a one hand watch, I guess the answer is "why not?" It is different, unique and not like everyone elses watch.

In case anyone is wondering, the time on the watch Im selling is 10:15am. Same as it would be on a Timex....
Posted By: 222Sako Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
This would be cool to show this watch to my two high school age grand kids . I can see the blank stares already.
Pretty much like reading dial calipers.
Posted By: lawman429 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
PM sent?
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Is it really slow, or just a military 24 hour watch....
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Love the 24 hr dial
Posted By: mow1954 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
On the website, they explain that Slow is a lifestyle.... The hand makes one revolution every 24 hours, so I guess it is slow compared to a "normal" 12 hour watch
Posted By: cab1958 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Here are some "Slow Children"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: cab1958 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
And Some "Slow Gin"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Interesting idea.Smartest Man I ever worked for would never set a watch. Electronic back in the 80s had buttons to push and such. Often a pain. 2 hours and 40 minutes slow. The way he bought it.
I asked him why he didn’t learn to set it. “Why not learn something useful? I can already add”

And that’s what he did.

And I mean speaks 7 languages and one patent with 1/2 a billion in sales smart. Very practical.

Now I want one. ………
Posted By: Biathlonman Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
I kind of love it, wish I wasn’t so attached to my new Apple Watch!
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Never owned a watch. No need for one.
Posted By: opiewancanobie Re: Slow Watch - 03/13/24
Mow, as usual, you have great taste. I'm with you on the Swiss thing. I'm lost when my TAG goes in for an oil change. The "slow" is a great idea.
Posted By: lawman429 Re: Slow Watch - 03/14/24
Pm sent
Posted By: mow1954 Re: Slow Watch - 03/14/24
Watch is SPF. Thanks to all
Posted By: AZtwins Re: Slow Watch - 03/14/24
Pretty cool. I always like something a little different.
Posted By: dajudge43 Re: Slow Watch - 03/14/24
I have always liked things that were a little different, thats why I change girlfriends, every 3 months
© 24hourcampfire