Home
Posted By: borden811 preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
preibaxe, or someone that hacked his screen name(though I doubt that’s the case as he only has 30is posts on here and recently joined)is a scammer. Responded to my WTB ad, sent me pics and text from an old ad from 2021 on another site, wouldn’t provide specific pics I asked for, would only accept PayPal friends and family, etc. Name attached to his email was Sean Hacall. Just a heads up for you fellows.
Posted By: 160user Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
Geez there has been a pile of these guys lately. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: ktk120 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
I knew it. I got into a back and forth with him because he would not send me the pictures I wanted and he had the nerve to call me a scammer lol. I had a gut feel it was a scam but he is state side and knows enough to not be obvious. The post it was photoshot with my name and date on top of the item but he would not open the case and put the post it under the die. Glad I dodged the bullet
Posted By: Dinny Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
This was reported weeks ago. We need a scammers sticky up top where everyone can go through and place known scammers on ignore.
Posted By: Dinny Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by ktk120
Glad I dodged the bullet

Good looking out? Did you warn anyone else?
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
When I looked at his profile I saw that I already had him on ignore.
Seems someone else had already called him out.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...earch/true/preibaxe-scammer#Post19283508
Originally Posted by Dinny
Glad I dodged the bullet

Good looking out? Did you warn anyone else?

No because it wasnt obvious I thought it was just a cranky old man. I'm usually pretty good at this stuff but he was better than the rest. We need a place the Mods watch and can boot someone who is reported fast
worst part is he even participated in some non sale posts to get some post count. They used to not do this.
Posted By: 160user Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
worst part is he even participated in some non sale posts to get some post count. They used to not do this.

I have noticed some "questionable" people lately that have done the same. There will be a big gap in their posts, often a year or more without posting. At a glance they may have a substantial post count. Maybe they are legit and there was a reason for the break but it has just made me extra cautious.
Posted By: peak98 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
Preibaxe was sending me pics from a Guns International listing for a 35 Remington mag I had posted an add for. He can eatadik!
peak98
Posted By: rmb721 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
WTB ads are a magnet for scammers.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
Keep posting WTB ads..............scammers need to reply to stupid fookers.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/17/24
Even worse that they are now hacking members handle.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
This was reported weeks ago. We need a scammers sticky up top where everyone can go through and place known scammers on ignore.
X2…
Posted By: Dinny Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Bull64
X2…

I just clicked on the report this thread button and asked for a scammers sticky. Fingers crossed!
Posted By: JWL3 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by cisco1
Keep posting WTB ads..............scammers need to reply to stupid fookers.

hmmm?
Posted By: Oakster Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
Rick should have a team post WTB posts and trap these scammers.
Posted By: AZtwins Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24

I looked up his posts - the majority were one (or very few) word replies. Never engaged in a discussion of any kind. Obvious he was just getting post count up.
Posted By: arapahoe14 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
Yep, I have had two WTB listings and he has responded to both. Definitely seemed fishy. WTB ads aren't always a bad idea, but you have to be vigilant.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
Zero attempts to defend himself either.
He knows he's busted.
Posted By: Dinny Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/18/24
Nice. That's a great feature. Thanks Rick!
Posted By: Bodkin84 Re: preibaxe is a scammer - 03/19/24
I almost got scammed and probably would have but it was Christmas morning and the dude was very active wanting payment… I have no idea how, but they hack the system and find users screen names that have been inactive for years but have feedback and they take over that account.
Like previously posted a WTB ad brings the scammers running!!!
© 24hourcampfire