Home
Posted By: JPro FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/18/24
Up for sale: 24" stainless Weatherby Vanguard. $499 shipped/insured to your FFL from a private individual. No electronic payments, and a cashier's check or USPS money order is preferred. Please read the full description below.

I picked this up a few years back as a new rifle somebody had purchased and never fired. They'd re-stocked it, so I located a used factory Weatherby Griptonite stock to go with it. The rifle is the later S2 model but currently wears an original-style single-stage "S1" trigger with 2-position safety. This trigger does not appear to have been adjusted and does have some creep (I never shot it). I shot a Timney and a modified HACT trigger on it (these triggers are now on other Vanguard rifles of mine). The triggers swap out with only one screw, so it's simple to change to whatever you like.

The rifle has 95 rounds through it and has some typical light hunting marks. The stock has one small skinned/divot spot on the forend, which was there when I bought the used stock. I'm trying to price it more like a stainless barreled action, as I added a bit of weight/stiffness to the hollow forend with epoxy and a few bullets, so the rifle weighs right at 8lbs. Some may not mind the extra ounces of balast, some might, but I liked the balance of the rifle with a 3-9x40 scope. Weight was something around 7.6lbs from the factory if I remember correctly. The rifle shot well with 115gr Partitions at 3300fps+ with IMR 7828 and I used it mainly as a pipeline ROW rifle for deer. Does include factory box and manual.

Any buyer gets first shot at a fairly new set of Redding FL dies and the 50pcs of Hornady .257Wby brass I used for the rifle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Schenk Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/18/24
Message your way
Posted By: JPro Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/18/24
Replied. Thanks.
Posted By: rodman Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/18/24
PM sent
Posted By: hanco Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/18/24
I had one, accurate SOB
I don’t believe this hasn’t been snapped up.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/19/24
Nice
Posted By: JPro Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/19/24
PMs replied to. Thanks.
Posted By: Sabretooth Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/19/24
a clone of the Howa 1500. Great rifle! bump for a good gun!!
Posted By: BDMF Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/19/24
Sold, I'll take it.
Posted By: elkcountry Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/19/24
BDMF just saved me from myself!!
Posted By: JPro Re: FS: SS .257Wby Vanguard - 03/19/24
Rifle and dies/brass are sold to BDMF. Thanks all......
© 24hourcampfire