Home
[b][/b]I have a super clean, well kept, pampered, doted over. 1981 Remington 700 “Classic” chambered in 7x57 Mauser. All factory original. It has not been tampered with or changed in any way. The blueing is gorgeous. This is the first year of production rifle in the Remington 700 “Classic” line.

https://gun-data.com/remingtonclassics2-arms/

It shoots well enough but I would like to bed it and free float the barrel. I just can’t bring myself to change it in any way. It’s been to the range a handful of times. Never hunted. It shoots the 160gr Partitions and Accubond’s well. I do not have the original box.

$1575.00 Shipped to the lower 48.

Will consider trades/ partial trades.

Interested in:

Remington 700 “Classic” in .300 H&H or 8mm Rem Mag.
Large frame revolvers .454 or larger
Custom action Rem700 clone/foot print
KRG C4 chassis

Attached picture IMG_7306.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_7307.jpeg

Attached picture IMG_7114.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_7370.jpeg

Attached picture IMG_7225.jpeg

Attached picture IMG_7116.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_7117.jpeg

Attached picture IMG_7119.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_7118.jpeg
IMO, the 7x57 and the 250 Savage are the most desirable Classic guns.

Beautiful Remington here. The best of luck to seller and buyer.
Snack, nice rifle and congrats on resisting messing with it. I bought a Classic 6.5x55 from Rocky’s in Wenatchee the year it came out and I ended up bedding it. It shot better but in retrospect I wish I hadn’t changed anything.
Nice rifle, good luck on your sale
Nice rifle always wanted one in that caliber but never got one.
Very tempting, but I'm trying to cut back on different calibers.
Bump for a classic. Very nice sir!
I have one and have killed a lot of deer with it...GLWS
Trades considered.

I would really like a Remington 700 “Classic” in .300 H&H or 8mm Remingtin Magnum.

Attached picture IMG_7367.jpeg

Attached picture IMG_7180.jpeg
Wish I could find one in 270. They’re out there…
In the true Classic line of rifles, there Isn’t a .270 Winchester. They had a Classic style .270 rifle prior to the . True classic line of rifles. On that .270 classic, “Classic” is roll stamped on the barrel. None of the true Classic chamberings manufactured from 1981 to 2005 have “Classic” roll stamped on the barrels.

This is a COMPLETE list of the Remington 700 classic’s and year of manufacture.

I keep coming back for the pictures. 😁 Very nice! GLWTS

Attached picture IMG_7181.jpeg
She’s going to be 43 years old here in a month or so and still looking good.
Originally Posted by donsm70
Very tempting, but I'm trying to cut back on different calibers.

Yep. If I was still buying, it be gone, love classics, down to one now
Luck with the sale. ......btw ,the 308 is the scarcest.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Attached picture IMG_7221.jpeg
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Wish I could find one in 270. They’re out there…
I bought mine in 1979 and still am using it. Yep they're out there.
[quote=SMACK]In the true Classic line of rifles, there Isn’t a .270 Winchester. They had a Classic style .270 rifle prior to the . True classic line of rifles. On that .270 classic, “Classic” is roll stamped on the barrel. None of the true Classic chamberings manufactured from 1981 to 2005 have “Classic” roll stamped on the barrels.

Very nice rifle and free bump. Not trying to stir the pot but the original production rifles beginning in 1979-1985 (I believe) were in fact M700 Classic (models) including .22-250, .243, 6MM, .270, 7MM Mag, and .30-06. The boxes show such and the 1979 Catalog states them as Classic as well. It is true that the Limited Edition (one caliber per year) started in 1981 and ran for 25 years. So stamping or not they are all M700 Classic "models".

GLWYS
Originally Posted by DBrink
[quote=SMACK]In the true Classic line of rifles, there Isn’t a .270 Winchester. They had a Classic style .270 rifle prior to the . True classic line of rifles. On that .270 classic, “Classic” is roll stamped on the barrel. None of the true Classic chamberings manufactured from 1981 to 2005 have “Classic” roll stamped on the barrels.

Very nice rifle and free bump. Not trying to stir the pot but the original production rifles beginning in 1979-1985 (I believe) were in fact M700 Classic (models) including .22-250, .243, 6MM, .270, 7MM Mag, and .30-06. The boxes show such and the 1979 Catalog states them as Classic as well. It is true that the Limited Edition (one caliber per year) started in 1981 and ran for 25 years. So stamping or not they are all M700 Classic "models".

GLWYS

They are not all true “Classic’s” I completely disagree.. The true Classic line of rifles. One chambering per year from 1981 to 2005 did not include .270 Winchester and none of them have “Classic” roll stamped on the barrels.
I agree that they are not roll stamped as your original post indicated (just went and pulled one out of the safe as I didn't think so). I guess we'll have agree to disagree on whether they are all Classic models or not but the boxes show such on the production runs and the Remington catalog from introduction year shows it so...

Again not going to start an argument and they are great rifles with the only real difference BDL versions being the stock and sights versus none dependent on caliber.
I agree that they are not roll stamped as your original post indicated (just went and pulled one out of the safe as I didn't think so). I guess we'll have agree to disagree on whether they are all Classic models or not but the boxes show such on the production runs and the Remington catalog from introduction year shows it so...

Again not going to start an argument and they are great rifles with the only real difference BDL versions being the stock and sights versus none dependent on caliber.

I guess I’m gonna dig the 7mag I have left out to see if it says classic or not
I

”Again Not going to start an argument “

Laughing 😂. You already did.🤣😂🤣😂

This
My apologies, I guess my idea of an argument is much different than just disagreeing and not disrespectfully. I'll say again great rifle and GLWYS.
A phone call to Remington will answer the question. I made that call a few years ago when i bought my first Classic in 7mag.
When I bought mine in 1979 it was sold as a Classic. Everyone was used to seeing the BDL and ADL and when I saw this, bought it from Ed Brown the pistol smith as we worked in the same tool and die shop, I remarked it was different. He had bought it new and it was still in the box. Yes the box was marked Classic. Mine is not roll stamped but that seems to be the only difference between it and the later ones.
Nice rifle. I have one in 6.5x55 that is a great rig and one in 375 H&H that racked up a lot of game in Africa.
Nice!!!
Originally Posted by SMACK
I

Actually, you are the one making it into an argument. DBrink was gently pointing out that you were mistaken. You are. I’ve still got the box with my 700 Classic 30-06 and it is marked as such. No roll stamping. I’ve owned a bunch of the 700 Classics, including a couple of 7x57’s. You’ve got a nice rifle in a desirable chambering. It should bring good money from the right buyer.
Originally Posted by WMR
I

Actually, you are the one making it into an argument. DBrink was gently pointing out that you were mistaken. You are. I’ve still got the box with my 700 Classic 30-06 and it is marked as such. No roll stamping. I’ve owned a bunch of the 700 Classics, including a couple of 7x57’s. You’ve got a nice rifle in a desirable chambering. It should bring good money from the right buyer.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
I’m about ready to do the unspeakable to this rifle. It’s about to become a 9.3x62 and I’m going to use the stock as a salmon club and the barrel for a Highlift Jack handle.
In the true Classic line of rifles, there Isn’t a .270 Winchester. They had a Classic style .270 rifle prior to the . True classic line of rifles. On that .270 classic, “Classic” is roll stamped on the barrel. None of the true Classic chamberings manufactured from 1981 to 2005 have “Classic” roll stamped on the barrels.

This is a COMPLETE list of the Remington 700 classic’s and year of manufacture.

I’ve bought two 270’s that were Classics…..same as my 222. Let em get away. I’m an idiot.
$1475.00
Pm sent on a possible trade idea for a 9.3x62.
Hey Smack, I see you are in the PNW, what state? I might not be far away.

I have the same rifle in 257. Always been looking for a 7x57.
Nice rifle. Good price. Its nice that you cleaned it pretty good too.
Originally Posted by 406Cyr
Hey Smack, I see you are in the PNW, what state? I might not be far away.

I have the same rifle in 257. Always been looking for a 7x57.

The land of lofty pines, monster mule deer and bull elk that will make you cry yourself to sleep ever night because you didn’t draw a permit.

Washington.👍
Originally Posted by sqweeler
Luck with the sale. ......btw ,the 308 is the scarcest.

So is the 308 in the unlimited Classics. It was offered for one year. In 1979 Remington dropped the 6mm Rem from the Classic lineup and offered the 308 instead.

The unlimited production Classic in 308 just might be more rare than the limited production 308.

The .308 Winchester in a “Classic” is far from the rarest of the classic’s.

Answer this.

How many rifles and models did Remington produce chambered in .308 Winchester?

How many rifles and models did Remington produce in 7x57?
7x57 Classic 2018 made........308 Classic 1479 made....end of story.
While you’re at it. Let’s see the production numbers on all 25 chamberings in the one rifle/chambering a year classic line. 😉😉😉

I’m willing to bet the .308 isn’t the rarest.

This is from an old 24hr posting and I don't claim to know for sure but I think these are valid numbers and be careful on your bet.

Just for grins - here's the Limited Edition Classics list with production numbers:

Year - Caliber - Production Total
1981 - 7x57, 2018 made
1982 - 257R, 6561
1983 - 300 H&H, 5846
1984 - 250 Sav, 5742
1985 - 350 Rem Mag, 5756
1986 - 264 Win Mag, 3468
1987 - 338 Win Mag, 4792
1988 - 35 Whelan, 8805
1989 - 300 Weatherby, 10,779
1990 - 25-06, 6935
1991 - 7mm Weatherby, 3092
1992 - 220 Swift, 7594
1993 - 222 Rem, 2021
1994 - 6.5x55, 3858
1995 - 300 Win Mag, 4232
1996 - 375 H&H, 3102
1997 - 280, 1917
1998 - 8mm Rem Mag, 2133
1999 - 17 Rem, 3022
2000 - 223, 3570
2001 - 7mm-08, 2682
2002 - 221 Fireball, 3567
2003 - 300 Sav, 4036
2004 - 8x57, 2248
2005 - 308, 1479

Cumulative 25 year total: 105,981
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Hey SMACK

I will take this at $1475. It will pair up nice with my Classic 257 Roberts

Email me and we can hammer out the details.

Not a scammer, just a new guy with not enough posts to use the message function.

[email protected]

Answer this.

I don’t know exactly how many UNLIMITED production Classics in 308W Remington sold that year. I do know that the UNLIMITED Classics were sold in small numbers the first few years before they became more popular.

When the LIMITED Classics appeared, and caused a bit of a stir, the popularity and sale of the UNLIMITED Classics increased substantially.

I purchased a Classic in 270W in July of 1978, the flap on the box said “Classic”.

I owned a M700 Classic before you could spell “Remington” so stop being an obstinate butthead and good luck with your sale.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Answer this.

I don’t know exactly how many UNLIMITED production Classics in 308W Remington sold that year. I do know that the UNLIMITED Classics were sold in small numbers the first few years before they became more popular.

When the LIMITED Classics appeared, and caused a bit of a stir, the popularity and sale of the UNLIMITED Classics increased substantially.

I purchased a Classic in 270W in July of 1978, the flap on the box said “Classic”.

I owned a M700 Classic before you could spell “Remington” so stop being an obstinate butthead and good luck with your sale.

“I very MUCH enjoy,that you "think" you can "aim" your fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Congratulations?!?”

-Bigstick-

In other words. SUCK IT!🤡🤡🤡🤡
Hey SMACK

Not a scammer, just a new guy with not enough posts to use the message function.

[email protected]

For starters the e-mail is invalid. 👍
Hey SMACK

[email protected]

For starters the e-mail is invalid. 👍

I use this email all the time.

Not sure what the issue would be.
You know, this rifle probably would have sold almost immediately if you're wrong opinions and arrogance didn't sour everybody's taste. You're opinion is wrong, plain and simple. It must be hard going through life with a head as big as yours with zero capacity for learning.
Originally Posted by Remhunter
You know, this rifle probably would have sold almost immediately if you're wrong opinions and arrogance didn't sour everybody's taste. You're opinion is wrong, plain and simple. It must be hard going through life with a head as big as yours with zero capacity for learning.

🤪🤪🤪
*** SOLD ***
I have some of the Limited Classics and several of the unlimited Classics. I like them very much and they are very good shooters. I wonder if there are any numbers on the unlimited Classics?

For Pocono
Thanks Joe,

I save cardboard, pretty sure my BA Code 270 (Jan. 1980) is a ‘real’ Classic
The gun does not have a CLASSIC stamp on the barrel.

DBRink: Thank you for posting that clear schedule of the Remington 700 Classics. My old copy had the number manufactured for the 300 Weatherby blurred and thus I thought the 35 Whelen was THE most numerous of the Remington 700 Classics.
I just wish the Remington 700 Classics were still being manufactured.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Alpinecrick: My copy of Remingtons Model 700 Classic years of manufacture shows the Remington 700 Classic in 6m/m Remington was manufactured and offered from 1978 to 1983 - do YOU have differing date from Remington?
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire