Home
Just in time for turkey season, I’m selling a super clean Thompson Center New Englander 12 gauge muzzle loading shotgun. Very pretty walnut stock, 26” blued cylinder bore barrel.

The barrels interchange on this model, so a .50 or .54 caliber New Englander rifle barrel can be swapped into the stock in a couple minutes. The rifle barrels are easy to find, but the shotgun barrels are scarce.

The condition of this one would be difficult to improve on. There are a couple of very small imperfections on the buttstock, and one small surface scratch on the barrel blueing, but aside from that the gun is flawless. The bore is perfect, and the hammer and nipple area has no corrosion.

I’ve got the gun set up with a T/C musket cap nipple for better ignition, but I’m including the original percussion cap nipple as well. Also included are four bags of 12 gauge wads (heavy felt, over shot, over powder, and lighter felt “wonder wads”), cleaning jag, and a set of spare ramrod hardware. These are partial bags, but each contains at least 50-60 wads.

The gun will fire a pretty devastating pattern if it’s loaded correctly, despite being a straight cylinder bore (most 18th and 19th century muzzle loading shotguns were cylinder bore). I will include load data to the buyer. I used the gun primarily for turkey hunting, and I was confident in its abilities out to around 27 yards, plenty far enough if you’re a decent caller using decoys; I believe this could be improved upon with more experimentation.

$625 shipped in the lower 48.

Payment by PayPal Friends and Family, US postal money order, or personal check (held 10 days).
First solid “I’ll take it” followed by a quick PM wins.

Attached picture IMG_1971.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2509.jpeg
Here’s a shot of the bore.

Attached picture IMG_2507.jpeg
Here’s a shot of the bore.

Attached picture IMG_2507.jpeg
More pics

Attached picture IMG_2510.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2508.jpeg
Bump
Pic of wads and accessories that will be included. Probably almost $100 worth.

Attached picture IMG_2502.jpeg
The gun at this price is a steal !
If I didn't have two of them already I'd be all over this !
I’ll take this! PM sent.
SOLD!
© 24hourcampfire