Home
Posted By: CashisKing John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 03/31/24
1963 John Deere tractor in GOOD working order.

2WD and gasoline engine. New Clutch installed.

Runs and works as it should. 40+/- Horsepower.

Helping a friend sell.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Located 60 miles East or Richmond, VA
Posted By: Joe_S Re: John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 04/01/24
Hard to beat those old Deeres. Someone would be money ahead buying that as opposed to a new tractor these days.
That’s ALOT of tractor for that money A good lawn mower will cost you more than that easy And that tractor was made when they were built to last
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 04/01/24
A diamond in the rough. Quite a few John Deere guys restoring those older tractors around here, northeast Missouri. This one would make a good candidate for that.
Bump 1
As others have said, good tractors far more capable than the Ford 8 or 9n's plus looks to have a single wire alternator for charging.
Probably outlast the next owner as well without doing much to it.
Posted By: Darryle Re: John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 04/03/24
Looks like it's been converted to 12v and had the generator replaced with an alternator, probably means they rewired the distributor to prevent runon.

Great tractors, just keep them cool, meaning, keep the radiator free from deposits and make sure the hydraulics cooling coils clean, splurge for premium fuel and good oil and hydraulic fluid and that little jewel will serve you well.
Originally Posted by Darryle
Looks like it's been converted to 12v and had the generator replaced with an alternator, probably means they rewired the distributor to prevent runon.

Correct... I had forgotten to mention that.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
That’s ALOT of tractor for that money A good lawn mower will cost you more than that easy And that tractor was made when they were built to last

My first thought as well. Pickup a used finish mower at an estate auction. Mow grass with it until the cows come home...
Posted By: VernAK Re: John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 04/03/24
Great rubber!
Posted By: mjac Re: John Deere 1010 - $2,250 - 04/03/24
Wishn it was closer.....
Bump 2
Sold
© 24hourcampfire