Home
This ULA popped up on Armslist about 3 hours ago. It's not mine, but I know there are a lot of ULA fans here on the Fire.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/14776351/oklahoma-rifles-for-sale--ultra-light-arms-model-20-
Not sure the price I don't have an account anymore but meet in a public place and bring backup. Armslist has gotten sketchy
Armslist hasn’t gotten sketchy, it’s been sketchy for quite some time.
Actually, it's less sketchy in my opinion. It's now mostly an advertising medium for firearm vendors. There are less "private" listers than 10 years ago. I've had straightforward deals on Armslist, but like any online situation, due diligence is required. If a firearm is listed by a business, it's quite easy to do some fact-checking. In this case, the ULA is advertised by a private person, so extra diligence is required. He/she has been an Armslist member for 13 years. BUT, his or her account could have been hijacked. As always, proceed with caution.
When they implemented a membership fee to sell guns, the sketchiness dropped by a large factor
Originally Posted by marksman1941
When they implemented a membership fee to sell guns, the sketchiness dropped by a large factor
Makes sense. I haven't been on there much since you had to pay for an account
25x47 caliber?
Originally Posted by Ramblin99
Actually, it's less sketchy in my opinion. It's now mostly an advertising medium for firearm vendors. There are less "private" listers than 10 years ago. I've had straightforward deals on Armslist, but like any online situation, due diligence is required. If a firearm is listed by a business, it's quite easy to do some fact-checking. In this case, the ULA is advertised by a private person, so extra diligence is required. He/she has been an Armslist member for 13 years. BUT, his or her account could have been hijacked. As always, proceed with caution.
I don’t have an account. What is the seller asking?
I stopped watching Armslist due to fraud.
$2,050 with Leupold, ammo and components.

I have never heard of a 25x47 caliber until today. And who knows if Melvin chambered it, or if the rifle has been re-barreled. It's not a caliber I would ever have use for.

Attached picture IMG_8386.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8387.jpg
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have never heard of a 25x47 caliber until today. And who knows if Melvin chambered it, or if the rifle has been re-barreled. It's not a caliber I would ever have use for.

Guess it needs to be priced like this to get attention.
I smell a 25 Souper?

Guess it depends on the twist.
250 Savage maybe, too!
looks like a 20 short
Originally Posted by d500lnn

It would last 23 seconds on here.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by d500lnn

It would last 23 seconds on here.
Lol yeah the caliber sucks but I'd buy it
Originally Posted by lundtroller
I smell a 25 Souper?

Guess it depends on the twist.
Originally Posted by lundtroller
250 Savage maybe, too!

Nope. .378 bolt-face.

Single-shot action as well.

Easy pass.
Single shot benchrest rifle! That .378" bolt face diameter probably could be opened to .441" and the rifle rebarreled to 6.5 Grendel.
Yeah, I snickered at the "benchrest" thing. Those pencil barrels heat up in a hurry. Be prepared to spend a lot of bench time waiting for it to cool down.
It’s worth it for the action and the stock. Glen at OutKast could turn that thing into a repeating 6 arc with a stainless barrel, and you would still be less than the cost of what a brand new Ula was when Mel was still making them.
© 24hourcampfire