Home
I’m looking for 257 Roberts brass & ammunition. As well as reloading dies for 257 Ackley.

Thanks
I don't have any to offer, but I'd suggest making sure that you're looking for +P cases. You're not going to be able to load to Ackley pressures on standard 257 brass which you might find more commonly available as 1x.
Don't take my word for it, but I'd check on that +P needed claim.

Any safe load for a wildcat in a bolt action shouldn't be pushing over 65,000psi or 54,000cup. Any good standard brass should handle that.

I'm scared to know what pressures Gibbs and Ackley were really loading to in the old days, especially when a chrono or pressure tester wasn't around. And about all of the brass was standard brass.
Denny at Duck Creek Sporting goods has new Remington 257 Roberts brass $40 for 50 pieces. Did my first order with him 2 weeks ago. No tax and very reasonable shipping. Do a search for Duck Creek sporting good and it should come up for you. Hammers bullets are pricey he had the best price on those too. I wanted some 85gr 6.5mm projectiles to try in my 260 Rem and a soon to be Grendel.
I am pretty sure I have a modified case for an OAL gauge that is never gonna get used. If you can use it PM me your address and I'll send it off
I believe I have a set of 40 degree Ackley dies and I know I have some brass. I'll have to check to see exactly what I do have.
I'll be in touch,
Rick
Just saw some yesterday here.
Contradicting what was posted above you DO NOT want +P cases for loading 257 ackley rounds. The cases are harder/thicker and will not fire form properly in the ackley chamber.
^
© 24hourcampfire