Home
Posted By: jrh PacNor Lightweight SS .257 Barrel - 11/23/07
Brand-new PacNor Stainless Steel Match barrel: .257, 1-9" twist, 5 groove, "lightweight" contour.

2lbs 8oz, 22 9/16" OAL.

$215 shipped.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking.

John
When you refer to .257 are we talking chamber as in .257 Roberts or the bore?
DD
it's a barrel blank.. you can chamber it in any 25 cal cartridge...
Crap! If it were only a 10 twist.....
Why? a 1-9 will stabilize any bullet you would use....
+1, the 1:9" is mo bettah.
Do I see a 250-3000 in someones future
I already have one, but this would be a nice barrel for a lightweight build.
Sorry for the dumb azz question earlier. But it was not obvious to my old brain. I am trying to help the son in-law out with an older Mdl70 Featherweight that may need a a new barrel.
Thanks DD
Buy this one! i've got one in 250AI and another waiting to become a 25-284... Good price too... PacNor's prices have gone up quite a bit! this is 30 off with shipping to boot!
Morning bump...

Yep, this is an unthreaded, unchambered barrel blank. The lightweight contour is one of PacNor's standards and McMillan can inlet for it. See PacNor Contours for details.

The 9" twist was chosen so that ALL bullets would stabilize at .250 Savage velocities. Sometimes, but not always, the longer 115+ grain bullets are kinda iffy outa the Savage, especially the 115 TSX.

This barrel and a McMillan Edge from Rick would make for a nice little ultralight stalking rifle.

John
Just finished a 257 bob with a #1 Pacnor and a Mountain Rifle with edge tech, have to pick it up from the smiths next week, or I'd be all over this
thismortalcoil,

Yeah, I just finished a .260 Rem with PacNor #1 and Edge Compact. It is just about perfect and kinda took the shine off the .250AI I was planning. You're gonna love it.

John

You said it was stainless but it "looks" blued to me.
get a new computer....
Originally Posted by Calvin
get a new computer....

Well now, I can't afford a new barrel AND a new computer!!
It's stainless alright. Here's the confirmation from PacNor:

Thanks, John, for another order: 1) 25 9T5L SS Light Weight Sporter Contour, 22" finish. We still have a rather long lead time: 7-8 weeks. Regards, Penny
Edited: Sorry, can't take it. PM sent. Barrel still available.
Bump
Bump. Still available.
One last bump.
PM sent.
Hell...I'll take it...
And the build begins........
I need to stay out of the classifieds for a while!
My pocketbook thanks ya!!!! laugh laugh laugh

George
Glad I could help...
My pocketbook is safe as well...
What happened to the first "I'll take it" gets it?
SPF to Shootinurse.

Shootinurse had offered to buy and I had already accepted by the time Dave said "I'll take it". So, it was already a done deal.

John
Then why did you not post the item as sold? That was hours ago?
I thanked Bro Dave!!!!!!!! shocked laugh laugh laugh
I'll renig to BD and thank Shootinurse!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh
2mg----I thinks ya missed sumthin!!!! wink

George
My bad George. He should have posted the item as being sold, if it in fact, was. The first "I'll take it". gets it. It ain't that hard to understand. Dave was the first, was he not? It is no wonder so much schit goes on in the classifieds, and why Rick finds it a PITA. There are too many here who are too mentally challenged to use it....
I don't like the PM thing on classified's as they can get screwy. A simple post on the thread goes a loooong way in avoiding confusion.
If you get PM'ed and reach an agreement, post the item as sold right then. It ain't that hard........
Originally Posted by BradArnett
I don't like the PM thing on classified's as they can get screwy. A simple post on the thread goes a loooong way in avoiding confusion.

+1 as I can see no reason that you wouldn't post an I'll take it publicly vs. a pm.

Well...unless maybe he pm'd a trade offer or something...who knows, I guess I've done the PM and the public route depending on the deal.

J
Please don't get down on jrh. I PM'd him on offer and he was prompt in returning my message. Unfortunately, I had left for several hours and didn't get his reply. Then e-mailed him information. Seems that he posted promptly, til I read the posts between mine and his. When I read his reply, I probably should have jumped on and said that we had reached a deal. Just miscommunication and timing, that's all.
Sorry,
Mike
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Then why did you not post the item as sold? That was hours ago?

Just because shootinurse sent a PM hours ago doesn't mean that I actually got it then nor does it mean the deal was finalized.

I did notify Dave that a sale was pending and then again once the deal was done. He didn't seem to have a problem with it, so I don't know why you do. I also posted an SPF here as soon as the deal was complete, so in my opinion, you're speaking out of line.

Brad, Jason - I too prefer a public "I'll take it", but didn't specify that in the ad, so I had to live with the way it went down. Since the barrel sold for less than my asking price, you could say the only injured party here is me.

John
Suffice to say we should all hold a standard that an I'll take it posted clear as day on the forum trumps any offers via PM.
© 24hourcampfire