Home
how much is a remington model 700 wortyh?
You need to be more specific.....there are alot of different types of 700's.
well what is the regular price like the general price because im buying one for 300
$200- for average specimens. Maybe $225 for real clean ones chambered in the rarer cartridges.
That's like asking what a Ford is worth.

Dennis.
Around here, most any beat up 700 will bring $300....ones that have minor problems or missing things like a triggerguard seem to bring $250 or more.....in fact, it seems like the actions sell pretty fast at prices around $350. Seems like nice clean guns start around $400
You had better buy every one that you can find for "$200 for average and $225 for rarer cartridges". You can't touch a bare action for building projects for that, unless you are very lucky. I've seen average ones go for $285 to $350 at local gun shows. If you can buy one in nice shape ( and not adl tupperware stock model) for $300, that is a pretty fair price.
Well, I know you guys aren't in my area because you couldn't touch them for less than $300 around here ... assuming they are in good order and no major flaws, just normal slight dings, etc. I really do believe the good deals on rifles are up North. Good for you guys. Frankly, I'd say $400 to $475 and up for this area, unless you stumble upon a private party sale. Incidentally, I'd love to be proved wrong on this too.
Yeah, it is pretty easy to move most any 700 that will go bang for $350- and nice ones move pretty easy in the $450- to $500- range.
Originally Posted by FVA
$200- for average specimens. Maybe $225 for real clean ones chambered in the rarer cartridges.

About double that around here for a base price.
cal where do you live
FVA, nice cast. Looks like you caught a few. Even though the bait was not very fresh, LOL.

HM
wink Gotta wonder if the original post was a question or a brag.
I almost got sucked into FVA's claim. If you don't want it for $300 let me know where it is and I'LL TAKE IT! smile
Originally Posted by SuBmoa
cal where do you live

I live just North of Brookings, SD (Hour North of Sioux Falls)

I travel along Hwy 23 up through Wilmar, St. Cloud, Hinkley and up to Duluth every now and than and keep my eyes out for deals like that.

Last year I did see a 700 bdl in fair/good shape, no rust at a gun show here in town for 325.00. Didn't need it, but kick myself for passing it up as when I went back it was gone. In the last six months I haven't scene any Remington under 450.00 in my travels.
Originally Posted by SuBmoa
how much is a remington model 700 wortyh?

The kid's trolling again.
Watch out VA, he's going to be a sniper with open sights.
Originally Posted by Tom264
Watch out VA, he's going to be a sniper with open sights.

Yep, in one post, he's a kid getting guns from his Dad and getting ready to go into the USMC to be a sniper..... in the next, he's supposedly 32 years old.

Either way, he's trolling, again........
Kinda what I figgered. wink
just stop posting stuff if you want to be mean about it
Is the Rifle still for sale?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
They are worth less when you can't spell - Sory fore the bad noose.
If you drive down I-29 to Council Bluffs, IA, you can buy Remington 700s for as little as $325 at Wal-Mart, 700 ADL synthetic, or around $350 for 700 SPS Youth synthetics at Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas, or, or, or, or. Lots of NIB Remington 700s to be had for under $400 retail if you look around.

Jeff
A dollar two ninety eight.
© 24hourcampfire