Home
Posted By: Wayne_J WTB Stock for Savage 110 LA LH - 10/09/09
Looking for a synthetic stock for a long action left hand Savage 110. Need one that is for use with a detachable magazine or a hinged floor plate.
Has anybody seen one of these? I've seen wooden ones but not a synthetic.
Posted By: BMT Re: WTB Stock for Savage 110 LA LH - 10/14/09
MCMillan will costom craft. Anything that they make in REmington, they can make in a Savage.

They did mine very well.

BMT
Not really looking to spend that much money, but thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping maybe to find a used factory stock.
Too bad. I have one, but hogged out the barrel channel an extreme amount for a really heavy barrel. I then went to a smaller diameter barrel a year or so later. It really is a pain trying to find something usable, isn't it?
Is/was this a factory stock or aftermarket? If factory what model? If aftermarket what brand? I have a RamLine synthetic stock now. I bought hinged floorplate hardware on ebay. I just can't come up with a neat way to inlet the stock.
I believe I have a Choate Ultimate Sniper stock out in the shop. If this is something that might work for you let me know. It is LH LA.
Del
Mine is from a 111FLC. It's factory tupperware, for the detachable box mag. I think I just found a wood stock that can take it's place until I can afford a really good stock. Everybody seems to be about 4-6 months out for a custom stock right now, and I'm getting tired of looking. I could have Richards make me a laminated stock I suppose.
40XBR, I'm looking for a more original style stock. Thanks! anachronism, Thanks for the information! In 1992 when I built the gun Ramline was the only synthetic stock I could find for a lefty. It works fine but I want the hinged floorplate or detachable magazine feature.

Wayne
I just bought a Ramline to get the rifle back into usable condition. I'll remodel it to suit my needs for a while. Maybe Stockade won't have such a long wait & money will be better too. If you want to do some work, I still have my tupperware with the detachable mag & everything. You'd have to re-bed the action & the barrel channel is rough. The magazine parts are worth more than the actual stock is.
Just how ugly is the barrel channel?
© 24hourcampfire