Home
I post that I will take an item from Bigun31768, he responds via PM that I can send a postal money order or paypal +3%, I paypal him plus the 3% within minutes-and then I get a pm that says he messed up and refunded me my money as he THOUGHT I wasn't interested anymore, if I wasn't interested anymore,I surely wouldn't have sent him the funds...Am I wrong on this transaction,I pm"d him and told him to explain to the other person that he messed up and to honor his word...What do you guys think? Be honest and if the majority says let it go and he is in the right then I will.....

#1396710 - Today at 06:39 PM bergers
bigun31768
Campfire Regular

bigun31768
Campfire Regular

Posts: 261 i refunded your payment.. i saw you had removed yourself from the topic after i sent the last pm.. so i thought you was out. i messed up.. i'm sorry for my mistake.. if you don't see where i refund the money let me know.. man i feel like a ass..

Today at 06:42 PM Re: bergers
bigun31768
Campfire Regular

Posts: 261 bigun31768 has removed themself from this topic.

Dunno, if you spend your entire time at the Fire on the classifieds, you best be expecting a screwing now and again.... Really don't think you got screwed, just mistreated a bit..

g
I think you're right, but is it worth the stomach acid?
Jerry/AK
I know Jerry, it just kinda burned me the wrong way,I beleive that a man should honor his word...thats all
If you are sure your PM was first to be received by him then your in the right. But how could you know who was first? Maybe he did get mixed up and thought you were the other guy. My 2 cents worth.
Isn't that why you post " I'll take it"
Sounds like a pretty big mistake....but that is based on one side of the story!

Sounds to me like you had the purchase locked up.

On the other hand, I have been on some forums where they say that the seller can decide who he wants to sell to. In other words, if the seller has multiple people waiting to purchase, the seller can choose the buyer of his choice. I'm not particularly fond of that practice.

Andy
why did/do you remove yourself ?
I think your good, I would have trusted him to honor the deal but have seen it go the other way too many times....
he had removed his self after he pm'd me to pay him, so I just figured it was a done deal after I paypaled him
Some say first "I'll take it" posted, some are satisfied with first PM... Robert405 may have beat your time with his PM, who knows. Is it really that big a deal? If so, perhaps you should go the the Good guy list and out the "rat"! whistle
Originally Posted by GeoW
Dunno, if you spend your entire time at the Fire on the classifieds, you best be expecting a screwing now and again.... Really don't think you got screwed, just mistreated a bit..

g

+1

~570 posts in the classifieds and ~18 everywhere else.

well,I was hoping to get him to honor his word,since I had already paid him, he did refund my money so at least I am not anything other than the fact I still don't have 30 cal 155 hunting VLD's..Oh well.live and learn.Off to bed for me. Have a good night all....
NSAQAM, is it wrong to spend thousands of dollars on this forum in the classified section, this forum has been good to me and if you look a little, you will see that I give back too...Can you say that?
Yep
Yeah, I see your very good at accepting gifts, how about helping some kids out then...Just saying
Sounds like a misunderstanding. I don't remove myself until I get the item or buyer does and is happy.
Originally Posted by mudder700
Yeah, I see your very good at accepting gifts, how about helping some kids out then...Just saying

BT-DT

How about participating in some of the discussions in the forums and helping out from time to time instead of hovering over the classifieds?
Good point nsaqam. Too many classifieds only guys who really are not full campfire participants. Lots of good info and fun conversations going on here, would love to have you chime in from time to time.
I inquired a long time ago about why people immediately remove themselves from topics. My inquiry was based on my assumption that things like this would happen. I still don't get why anybody does that. Having said that, the original poster did nothing wrong. The other guy made a bad mistake based on a bad/wrong assumption.
Originally Posted by mudder700
I know Jerry, it just kinda burned me the wrong way,I beleive that a man should honor his word...thats all
"No harm, no foul"

The guy admitted he made a mistake and messed up, he tried to make it right by immediately refunding all of your money, and your own reputation was not tarnished in any manner.

People make mistakes. Take the high road and move on.
i saw the i'll take and sent my info.. then i looked at his last pm and that he removed himself so i thought he was out.. so i sold to other guy.. i said sorry, i just don't know what else to say.. if i'm wrong then, i made a mistake and apologized. it was a honest mistake on my part...

mudder700
Campfire Regular

Loc: Upstate,NY) I would go 38.00 shipped on them if you want to.Just let me know

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none

#1396473 - Today at 01:37 PM Re: 30 cal vlds
bigun31768
Campfire Regular

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none

#1396486 - Today at 01:41 PM Re: 30 cal vlds
mudder700
Campfire Regular

Loc: Upstate,NY) mudder700 has removed themself from this topic.

oh, by the way look at the time he removed himself from the topic. now look at what time he said i'll take it...

#4706347 - Today at 02:22 PM Re: f/s or wtt reloading items [Re: Robert405]
mudder700
Campfire Regular

Loc: Upstate,NY) I will take the Bergers

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

I think the removing oneself from the topic is the most asinine stupid thing you can do. It makes no sense. Let the PM die a natural death and a month later delete it. Personally it's rude as hell to do that when the other person may still have something further to add. mad

Would figure that this would do nothing but cause problems such as this. All over a box of bullets?

JMHO!

i made a mistake and apologized.. what else should have done??

i now apologize on a open forum to mudder. i made a mistake and i'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. i can buy the berger vld 155gr. here for 38.00 a box if you want to get a box you pay for them and i'll pay for the shipping.. i know thats not what you wanted but just trying to do the best i can to fix my part of this mistake..
Originally Posted by bigun31768

i now apologize on a open forum to mudder. i made a mistake and i'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. i can buy the berger vld 155gr. here for 38.00 a box if you want to get a box you pay for them and i'll pay for the shipping.. i know thats not what you wanted but just trying to do the best i can to fix my part of this mistake..

I would think that should suffice! I wouldn't hesitate to do business with you. Last person that was 'perfect' was killed by those that weren't. Wouldn't worry about it and move on. These public lynchings are a complete turnoff.
Hey Mudder, you once sold me a set of Ruger rings. Before they arrived you had removed yourself from the topic. When they did arrive, the rings didn't seat well. I took this as you knowing they didn't seat well to the mounts and wanted to get rid of them quick. By removing yourself from the topic I will no longer inquire or do business with you again.
I try my best to stay in good contact with sellers or buyers until the everything is complete.
This disregard on your behalf has severed any money coming your direction from my end.
Hope this helps in your future transactions.
kcTbear, I was always removing myself from all of my topics once the deal was finalized,You could of contacted me again and I would have fixed whatever is wrong,I have never heard of a set of ruger ringd not seating well, I am sorry to hearof this,I have never screwed anyone on anything,sorry you took it this way..Bigun 31768, I accept your apology and life will go on.thanks for the input guys.I have learned not to remove myself from the topics till after I receive the goods.
Just my 2 cents

I was in the position of the seller that pissed off a potential buyer.I always conduct all transactions in the most honest way possible.

I was PMing on a scope (the other guy was negotiating never said Ill take it) and without going into it I had an "Ill take it" publically. So I told him SPF. I truly thought I was correct for taking first "Ill take it" Man he was pissed.

Even thought I think I was right I was so upset I didnt sleep that night. I felt terrible, he was brutal.I am sure when he sees a post from me he still is pissed. There was nothing I could do.

I also was negotiating on a 44 BlackHawk while I was someone poped up with an Ill take it. I can honestly say it tought me if you want it step up, I was a bit upset but the seller did what was right for him.I still wish I would have got that Blackhawk

I have been on both sides I take no sides here but I just want to leave with a thought.
I lost a best buddy this year, he was a "stuff guy" between us we has lots of stupid stuff. In his casket he took his sons baseball glove who he lost 5 years earlier.It really shows me how important all the "stuff really is"

But I am still on the classified looking for stuff but I try to keep it in perspective
Hank
Both youse guys only use the classifieds to run your business. so a deal diden't go your way, tought titties stop whinning over a box of bullets and move on. (not boat boy) grin
Originally Posted by Hubert
Both youse guys only use the classifieds to run your business. so a deal diden't go your way, tought titties stop whinning over a box of bullets and move on. (not boat boy) grin

Just looked at bigun's posts and you're right Hubert.

Neither of these guys are actual forum participants but merely hover over the classifieds.

Don't feel a bit bad for either one.

Move on.
Am I wrong on this transaction,I pm"d him and told him to explain to the other person that he messed up and to honor his word...What do you guys think? Be honest and if the majority says let it go and he is in the right then I will.....

You are wrong. He admitted he made a mistake and apologized. You were inconvenienced at most. No harm done.

If a person can't handle the small hiccups that will happen on a free classifieds like this they need to buy retail. Stores like Cabelas have excellent customer service.

I would deal with him anytime.

Chris
nasqam, hubert, sirs i do not run a business on here.. i do look and have post in other sections. i do enjoy looking a all the stuff on here for sale, kinda like window shopping.. i have bought and sold stuff on here.. but in no way do i run a business on here.. man, i never thought i would have to defend myself over a sale of a box of bullets..... wow, this is kinda crazy!

but, if i have done something wrong for liking the classifeds and not posting much in other areas.. then i apoligize for that..... tell you what i read the classifeds in the news paper and never write a letter to the editor or anything like that. is that wrong to??
Ya'll need to flush the sand outta your vagina's.
263 out of your 269 posts have been in the classifieds so I'd call that hovering over the classifieds.

Mudder has a similar percentage.

As to your comparison to the newspaper, that is flawed because while this site is an interactive community with people seeking advice and direction a newspaper isn't.

It's a free country, do as you please but I'll not feel sorry for you or anyone else who merely uses this site as a marketplace for their wares and who gets burned from time to time.
i guess i'll throw 2 cents in from time to time that way i wont look like i'm "hovering" over the classifeds to some. i do see where it could appear that way.. i got hurt at work back in sept. and have nothing better to do that mess around on the computer..
Bad things happen to good people. At least no one got cheated out of goods or money. Ken
Originally Posted by nsaqam
263 out of your 269 posts have been in the classifieds so I'd call that hovering over the classifieds.

Mudder has a similar percentage.

As to your comparison to the newspaper, that is flawed because while this site is an interactive community with people seeking advice and direction a newspaper isn't.

It's a free country, do as you please but I'll not feel sorry for you or anyone else who merely uses this site as a marketplace for their wares and who gets burned from time to time.

Who made you the "classifieds" monitor/bully?

Maybe the two guys having the missunderstanding don't need your input.

Why don't you go back to your forums, (28 posts yesterday, your cup runneth over) and enlighten us with all your wisdom.

Some people like to read others posts more than they feel it necessary to post.

I hope my percentages please you oh master.
Originally Posted by Freedumb1

Who made you the "classifieds" monitor/bully?

It's an onerous job but I'm happy to do it.

Why don't you go back to your forums, (28 posts yesterday, your cup runneth over) and enlighten us with all your wisdom.

Will do, and thanks for recognizing my superior wisdom. A guy likes to hear that type of thing from time to time.

I hope my percentages please you oh master.

Yes, you seem to be alright and thanks again for acknowledging my mastery.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Gentlemen:

We live in an imperfect world. Mistakes happen. This is not life or death stuff we are discussing here. Put it in the proper perspective and move on. This board has way too many posts and way to many people on it for mistakes not to happen.

Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas!!
Well put KLM! Damn, another posting for me in the classifieds. Thats really gonna through my percentages off! Merry x-mas everyone.
Bigun and I are all set,let it go,I just asked a question, and now we have been made out like the bad guys because we enjoy the classified section,I didn't realize that I "HAD" to interact on other parts of the forum
mudder, thanks for the PM and public acknowledgement/apology. As you can possibly see that my behavior of not contacting you after the deal was meant that you were off my good guy list, I revert and am pleased that you want to make things right. One step back, two steps forward in my book. Thank you.
Communication can be expressed by what you say and do and what you do not.
Don't worry about making it right, I'm all set on rings. But thanks again.
Glad everything is cleared up with you and Bigun.

Casey
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by Hubert

Just looked at bigun's posts and you're right Hubert.

Neither of these guys are actual forum participants but merely hover over the classifieds.

Don't feel a bit bad for either one.

Move on.

x2
The "Free Classifieds" is the second most popular forum at 24 Hour Campfire by a wide margin. Besides being a fantastic place for members to trade in goods and services for their favorite outdoor activities, I have always found it to be a great source for the exchange of information (along with the other fine forums here) about our favorite sport. I especially like the "Deer Hunting" and "Hunting Rifles" forums, but have read and posted a little in many of the other ones. And I do enjoy browsing through the posts at the "Hunter's Campfire" even though it seems to focus more on politics and current events than it does the hunting and fishing activities a lot of the rest of us come to the Campfire for.
Can I end this with some Humor?

JERRY JERRY!!

Hank
You asked to read and respond. If you can't handle a negitive respond than don't ask. I should of known a puss like you woulden't like my answer..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. crazy
I think three things.

Spending most of your "Fire" time in the classified section doesn't make you second class citizen. That type of vertical monopoly went out with "CB radio.

If you make your offer in the thread rather than a pm in the back door will better support your position.

Same goes for the seller.
stop sending me PMs then removing yourself before I can answer. but wait that seems to be your style. so i can't spell. kiss off freak.(was that spelled so you can understand it) grin
Time to let this thread die:-)
Originally Posted by bigun31768

You can supply what you agreed at the price agreed. If it costs you a few bucks so what, your good name should be worth whatever it costs.
Good grief.
© 24hourcampfire