Home
I have 13 family owned farms for lease in Schuyler Co.,30 miles from Pike Co., for 2011., 40 to 650 acres . $10 to $50.00 per acre. Email me for more info. and aerials: [email protected]
Thanks,
Joe Esther
Rushville, IL.
$50.00 an acre!
Bargain!
First post, wanting to sell something! cry miles
Really? $50 an acre is a good deal? Sounds high but just asking. That means if you leased say 200 acres it would cost $10,000 to hunt it!
Originally Posted by milespatton
First post, wanting to sell something! cry miles

You're haven't already written your check have you? smile
I called on some acreage in IL a week ago, and it was goin for $50/acre also. I remember when $10/acre was the going price here in WI
Whoa guys wait a minute, only 2 farms a 75 and an 80 are $50.00 per acre. Most of the farms are $ 20.00 to $30.00 per acre. Farms around here usually lease for $10.00 to $60.00 per acre, depening on where they are located and how good they are. I agree they are not cheap but you can see more 130" PLUS deer here in one season than you will see in a lifetime in the southern states. These are farms that my family owns, we don't lease other farms and try to release them. [email protected] for more info. and aerials.
hey wbyman,,do you know Bruce Clements up your way?? Lives out on Turtle Lake outside of Rushville..I used to work with him...
Heck yes I know Bruce. He was a year ahead of me in school.
Originally Posted by wbyman
I have 13 family owned farms for lease in Schuyler Co.,30 miles from Pike Co., for 2011., 40 to 650 acres . $10 to $50.00 per acre. Email me for more info. and aerials: [email protected]
Thanks,
Joe Esther
Rushville, IL.

why dont you just sell me an archery hunt instead??!!
You're haven't already written your check have you?

Not likely to, either. grin miles
CBB , let me know what dates you are looking for and I need a minimum of 2 hunters max. of 6. I still think the season long leases are a better deal for the hunter, the weather is to unpredictable up here for a 5 day hunt in Oct.- Nov., but that is up to you. I can accommodate either. Let me know. www.illinoishuntingadventures.com
this is why I go to Canada
Canada has great hunting, you do know it will be cold when you get there. Long drive for most guys though.
If anyone else needs info and aerials just email me : [email protected]
......................!
spent some years in Quincy just before the haydays started was a lot different then. Ca may be cold but its cheaper and if you shoot a 130 there your not doing yourself right. To each his own.
Best of Luck and happy new year.
If you shoot a 130" deer on our properties it is an extra $500.00 , we have a 140" minimum. I would dissagree about the pricing also [ I have season long leases, 3 1/2 months all seasons archery, shotgun , muzzleloader] for $2000.00 with 2 names on the lease] and it is still a LONG drive for most guys, most of the guys that lease with me want to be able hunt 2 or 3 times a year and they don't want to hunt over a pile of corn or hay like you do in Canada [at least I don't think they want to].
Nah they sit on a soy bean fields or freshly harvested corn field instead . I lived there bro , seen it first hand . I'm not pickin on ya here so don't start a pissin match. Nothin wrong with either way.
Most of the guys hunt on food plots on my farms and the corn, soybean and wheat fields. I don't have any interest in pissing matches either, good luck on your hunts. If anyone has any intrest in one of my hunts or season long leases , [email protected]
FYI

Deer #'s are Way down in IL. The DNR blamed it on the late harvest last year. This year 90% of the crops were out at the START of bow season. And the #'s were WAY off from even last year. Most hunters here believe that the #'s are quite a bit lower than the DNR is reporting. A lot of hunters think they(state lawmakers) have been pushing for endless seasons and the sale of more and more permits then using the funds for the state budget woes. It's a fact that they have been extending seasons and selling more permits...even when the herd is in spiraling decline.
Am I reading this right? A fellow can lease one of your farms for say $50/acre for the entire season, and he's regulated on which critter he can, or cannot shoot? As in, if'n he kills a 138" buck you charge an extra $500 on top of the 4K he's already payed you?

I reckon I'm not up on this leasing biz, seems like the game management would be left to the guy throwing the dough.
don't forget the state's $400+ permit fee/deer.
Well that's true, but wasn't my question.

Guess I always figured if a guy leased some ground to hunt, it was his to hunt whatever legal beast he wanted to.
Muleshoe you are correct on the minimum antler restrictions. My farms lease for $ 15.00 to $50.00 per acre. Whitedogone you are way off , to start with archery season starts Oct.1 less than 1/2 of crops around this area were harvested by then. I can tell from your post you are one of the few Illinois resident hunters that don't want out of state hunters hunting YOUR deer. Believe me, there are a few hunters around here that are that way, they used to hunt anywhere they wanted for NOTHING, now it has all changed, they don't think about the money it brings into the area.
Originally Posted by wbyman
Muleshoe you are correct on the minimum antler restrictions. My farms lease for $ 15.00 to $50.00 per acre. Whitedogone you are way off , to start with archery season starts Oct.1 less than 1/2 of crops around this area were harvested by then. I can tell from your post you are one of the few Illinois resident hunters that don't want out of state hunters hunting YOUR deer. Believe me, there are a few hunters around here that are that way, they used to hunt anywhere they wanted for NOTHING, now it has all changed, they don't think about the money it brings into the area.

I really don't care who hunts here. I own close to 600 acres and have 2 uncles that farm close to another 6000. I won't run out of ground to hunt in my lifetime. We finished picking corn on oct 10th this year. And there weren't too many neibors with any left to pick after us. The fact is that this was the earlist harvests in the past 30 years in IL. Yet the harvest continued to decline. It's because of this states lawmakers wanting more $$$. The issue of more and more permits has nothing to do with the health or size of the herd. I have spoken with retired DNR people that also voiced the same thoughts.
Illinois firearms harvest for 2009 was 99,419 and IL. firearms harvest for 2010 was 98,700 down less than 1%. [Total Archery kills are not available until after season is over]. My brother and a couple of other tenants I have and most of the larger farmers were done with harvest in this area, the third to fourth week of Oct.. What part of IL. are you from ? Archery permits are $410.00 for 2 tags = buck and doe, gun permits are $325.00 for the same.
That's right. But, you failed to mention that 2009 was down significantly from 2008. In fact, this year's harvest will be down right at 7% from 2008. This will be the case, despite the fact of near optimal harvest conditions this year. And you also didn't mention that there are more hunters in the field and permits issued to get to the low harvest #.

BTW, we farm in McDonough and Fulton counties.
© 24hourcampfire