Home
Posted By: DJTex Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/01/11
May be a long shot, but I'd like to trade for a low round count, excellent condition, proven shooter in a Montana 308.

I've got scopes and rifles to trade - including some Kahles TDS scopes and a really nice Pre-64 308 Fwt. that I'd consider trading if anyone is interested.

FTF in Central Texas would be handy, but will try to coordinate with others, as well.

Thanks,

DJ
There was one on here a week or two ago, dont know if it is still available or not?

just found it, was spf on Jan 27th
Posted By: darrylf Re: Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/01/11
pm sent
Posted By: DJTex Re: Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/01/11
PM returned...

Thanks,

DJ
Posted By: DJTex Re: Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/02/11
Still looking...

DJ
Bump...

DJ

Y'all are too fond of your Montanas...

DJ
You'd think guys would be unloading those warped barreled, non-feeding, POS's left and right!.... grin
Lemme guess.... the oldest lay claim to your 7mm-08 and the youngest the .223, right? grin
Posted By: DJTex Re: Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/03/11
You're pretty well on the mark...

I'm like a wounded caribou, surrounded by hungry wolves....grin.

DJ
I know the feeling all too well....

I had five Kimbers.... the boys left me the .338 Federal
I'm not letting them hunt with the 7-08. I'm not. They can't have it...

My boy tried to trick me into letting him shoot a hog with it, and I naively was all ready to let him, but nothing gave us a shot. I was completely hoodwinked - didn't see what he was doing at all.

Little sucker almost pulled it off, and at 7, no less.

This rifle thing may be genetic. He just couldn't have learned this yet...

DJ
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I know the feeling all too well....

I had five Kimbers.... the boys left me the .338 Federal

I just picked up a Faux Montana .338 Federal (84m Classic action, stainless factory barrel, Montana stock) from my FFL dealer yesterday (bought out of the classifieds here). My original intent was to rebarrel it to 7mm-08, but the more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of the .338 Federal for spot and stalk black bears and maybe the occassonal elk. Sent a scope off to Leupold yesterday for an M1 turret upgrade, so once it's back, I'll hit the range and decide for sure then.
Mine dotes on 185gr. TSX and 210gr. NP
Both bullets absolutely hammers feral hogs. I'd have no qualm with either bullet for black bear and/or elk.

DJ,

Best of luck on your search. Scarce as hens teeth to find a decent 84M Montana at a reasonable price. Strange phenomenon as well, as GW pointed out, you would think they would be common place what with all the bad mouthing of these POS non-feeding, inaccurate Kimbers....
May have a sniff on one or two, but I sure haven't been flooded with offers.

DJ
TTT...

DJ
DJ,

PM sent.
Posted By: DJTex Re: Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/04/11
PM's returned...

DJ
Email sent with pics
DJ pm sent
Posted By: DJTex Re: Wanted: Kimber Montana 308 - 02/05/11