Home
Posted By: tharvey Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11

I have a custom rifle in .270 caliber built on a FN Mauser Supreme barrelled action. The rifle was built by a local noted gunsmith in the 1950s and owned by an uncle. He actually only hunted a few times with it and it has been sitting in a closet for years. I have inherited it and have no interest in it. The bolt is jewelled, top of receiver is engraved. This is a commercial FN Mauser Supreme Action not a military rework. trigger guard and floorplate also engraved. It has a Jaeger adjustable trigger mechanism, rifling is excellent,bluing in around high 90s%. stock rich black walnut with cheekpiece probably Bishop. It has a side mounted scope base and rings with a All American 4X Lyman Scope mounted on it. A true classic custom rifle of the Jack O'Connor era. other pictures available on request. Asking $950
Call 740-767-2073
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11
Pics of the rifle sent by Terry:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: M70TOM Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11
Its a Deluxe 300 FN (according to your pics). Not a Supreme. Supremes had a side safety and hinged floor plate. That is, unless someone has changed things. Anyway, many people prefer the 300s over the 400s.
Posted By: M70TOM Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11
Also, If the bottom metal is original to the action, its probably a Presentation 300. These were wonderful rifles.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11
Originally Posted by M70TOM
Its a Deluxe 300 FN (according to your pics). Not a Supreme. Supremes had a side safety and hinged floor plate. That is, unless someone has changed things. Anyway, many people prefer the 300s over the 400s.

My custom 264 is built on a FN Supreme and this is "NOT"one !! wink
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11
Originally Posted by tharvey

I have a custom rifle in .270 caliber built on a FN Mauser Supreme barrelled action. The rifle was built by a local noted gunsmith in the 1950s and owned by an uncle. He actually only hunted a few times with it and it has been sitting in a closet for years. I have inherited it and have no interest in it. The bolt is jewelled, top of receiver is engraved. This is a commercial FN Mauser Supreme Action not a military rework. trigger guard and floorplate also engraved. It has a Jaeger adjustable trigger mechanism, rifling is excellent,bluing in around high 90s%. stock rich black walnut with cheekpiece probably Bishop. It has a side mounted scope base and rings with a All American 4X Lyman Scope mounted on it. A true classic custom rifle of the Jack O'Connor era. other pictures available on request. Asking $950
Call 740-767-2073

Here's a pic of an unaltered 1935 FN Military action{not SUPREME}...note the safety location!! Same as yours!! Commercial FN's were copied by several manufacturers in the the early 70's and marketed as such..bet yours is one of them...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 62413x2 Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/24/11
Here is a 45yr old FN Supreme 400 action.Hinge floor plate,side safety and checkered flat on back of bolt knob.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 7bru Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/25/11
is the bolt knurled on the flat side?

thanks BRU
Posted By: tharvey Re: Mauser Supreme rifle - 03/25/11
Originally Posted by 7bru
is the bolt knurled on the flat side?

thanks BRU

yes the bolt is flat on backside and knurled.
© 24hourcampfire