Home
I am offering for sale my Remington 788 bolt-action rifle in 6mm Rem. caliber. The rifle is in excellent condition with only slight finish scuffing on left side of stock above trigger guard and one small, shallow chip on toe of stock between rear sling swivel and buttplate. All metal is in excellent condition but for normal wear associated with working bolt. Clip shows bluing wear from removal/insertion. Rifle does not have factory iron sights, but is topped with a Redfield Tracker 6-18X40 AO scope mounted in Burris Signature Zee rings on Weaver bases. Scope is in excellent condition with only minor scratches; glass is perfect; duplex reticle. Also included is one RCBS two-die set and 204 pieces of brass (24 loaded; 74 RP 1X fired; 26 WW 1X fired; 64 WW new; 16 WW new/primed). I doubt you will find a nicer 788 unless it�s NIB.

Photos at: http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/cjkostic/Remington%20788/

PRICE: $800.00 shipped for the package; $525.00 shipped for rifle alone. I am not really interested in any trades, unless it should happen to be a match grade M-1 Garand -- not interested in a collector piece.
what state?
I am in Wisconsin
Is the rear scope base bolted to the receiver with one screw?
Rear base has 1 (one) screw.
Pretty easy to post pics- just copy the IMG code.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks.
this is a survivor thats for sure beautiful. If you can put that with 788
The beauty of the 788 lies not in its appearance, but rather in its performance.
Originally Posted by cjkostic
The beauty of the 788 lies not in its appearance, but rather in its performance.

yep the 788 was suppose to be a cheap model - only problem is it was actually better - performance -accuracy and trigger etc than the 700

I'd take a 788 over a 700 any day of the week.
Let's move this along before I change my mind -- $600.00 shipped for rifle, brass and dies -- I'll keep the scope and rings.
TTT
Hmmmm....how about $500.00 for the rifle and scope bases shipped?
The rifle is sold. Thanks everyone.

© 24hourcampfire