Home
Hey Guys and Gals,
Just thought I'd start a thread to see who from here might be at the Wananmacher Gun Show coming up this weekend. I've never been but am going this weekend to try and find a deal on an autoloader shotgun for waterfowl hunting.
Go early and wear comfortable shoes.

I'm going to be there Saturday, looking for a S&W 586 worth buying.
I will be there as usual.
I'll be there Thursday evening with a dealer. Old Dog Gunshop. We'll be at 10B upper level with good prices.
Yep, will be there walking around selling stuff.
I'll be there and set-up Fri. evening at 15C upstairs in the middle of the show. Will have custom rifles, scopes and other items.
Wish I was.
i'll be set up at 5c.
Ill be missing it this year. Leaving Sat for CO elk hunt.
Not gonna make it to the fall show this year. In the midst of a bathroom remodel. Dammit!
Originally Posted by 68injunhed
Not gonna make it to the fall show this year. In the midst of a bathroom remodel. Dammit!

OH CRAP!!!....prayers sent on the re-model job cry

Ill be there grin

Gunner
I'll be there with my brother and nephew, and one of my sons driving 7 hours to get to my house. I'll be the fat guy trying to find a place to set for a minute and let my dogs rest.

I hope I don't OD on milsurps.

Mike
Man I wish I was going. Kid in school.............long way from Alaska. Big name gun and knife guys there. One of these days.
Wow, this thread took off in a hurry!! Thanks for all the responses. I will also be the big fella looking for a place to rest some weary feet!! I will write down all of the booth numbers and try and say hi to some fellow fire members. See y'all there!!
Originally Posted by 7mm08okie
Hey Guys and Gals,
Just thought I'd start a thread to see who from here might be at the Wananmacher Gun Show coming up this weekend. I've never been but am going this weekend to try and find a deal on an autoloader shotgun for waterfowl hunting.
You can find a better deal right here without the need to pay $10 to hang out in an old fat man's sausage party. The show is a waste of money and a waste of time. I've gone most every time for the past sixteen years and won't spend gas, turnpike toll, admission, aggravation or a minute of my time this year or any other future year.
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Hey Guys and Gals,
You can find a better deal right here without the need to pay $10 to hang out in an old fat man's sausage party. The show is a waste of money and a waste of time. I've gone most every time for the past sixteen years and won't spend gas, turnpike toll, admission, aggravation or a minute of my time this year or any other future year.

You always have such a positive outlook on everything. I'm glad you're not going.
are you an Okie Bricktop??
Come on now with the amount of venom BT pours out each day do you think he's going to come on and say, "Sure do I live on ___________ street in Edmond, OK" or something?

"Up in yo' gree-ill..." couldn't be in Oklahoma could it?

That's impossible.
I live in Edmond. LOL........nice!!
Yukon ok here
Originally Posted by morecowbell
Hey Guys and Gals,
You always have such a positive outlook on everything. I'm glad you're not going.
Just "keepin' it real."
You can still score the occasional deal, just not like the "old days".

I like going just for the scale of the show. Lots of cool stuff to check out, even if there are some repeats. $10 for a days entertainment, not bad really.
The deals are on their feet, not on a table. If you set a table usually one or two will walk up on ya each day.
Originally Posted by Badley
The deals are on their feet, not on a table. If you set a table usually one or two will walk up on ya each day.
I could believe that, but I'm not going to that effort. Too many other deals throughout the year elsewhere.
I will be there Fri. I have a Winchester 52 22Lr repo to sell
i have to work sat 630am-9pm so i wont be there until sunday.
just walking and waiting for something to say "BUY ME"
So now lets talk about if you found a deal or if you had luck selling something at the show.

I found a great deal on a classic Buck Akonua knife from the 1970's that I had been looking for. $100+ on Ebay all the time, found for $75.

That's my deal, let's hear yours!
So now lets talk about if you found a deal or if you had luck selling something at the show.

I found a great deal on a classic Buck Akonua knife from the 1970's that I had been looking for. $100+ on Ebay all the time, found for $75.

$75 + $8 turnpike toll + $10 admission + $20 gas (at 30 miles/gallon) = $113. Yep, great deal.
Went looking for a Smith 586...sold a High Power and came home with a Model 29.

$75 + $8 turnpike toll + $10 admission + $20 gas (at 30 miles/gallon) = $113. Yep, great deal.

I'm with Bricktop. The numbers don't lie. I have never been able to find any real good deals at any gun show, anywhere.

Most everything is overpriced anyway. You have to travel all that time, pay all those expenses, and in the end pay more money than if you bought it here on the campfire or shopped around at your local dealers.

Unless your just going to look and learn. Certainly nothing wrong with looking and playing with a few, and maybe learning something in the process.

To each his own.
10 dollars for 8 hours of looking, learning, laughing, and spending time with a hunting buddy.........Money well spent. Turnpike and tolls split a hunting buddy nets me down to $14 in travel expenses.

I LOVE the forum and have found some great deals here. I get on here every day, even when I'm broke, and look around and make comments.

The one and only downside I have ever seen here is how some people(only a few) are so quick to jump on a negative tangent to otherwise positive threads.

Like was stated in the post above this one, "To each his own".

Me, I'll take the high road every time. Thanks all, have a great day!!
10 dollars for 8 hours of looking, learning, laughing, and spending time with a hunting buddy.........Money well spent. Turnpike and tolls split a hunting buddy nets me down to $14 in travel expenses.
$75 + $10 admission + $14 "travel expenses" = $99. Yep, killer deal. And eight hours of exposure to communicable diseases. Sounds like an OUTSTANDING way to spend a weekend.

I LOVE the forum and have found some great deals here. I get on here every day, even when I'm broke, and look around and make comments.
And better than a "gun" -- I mean "beanie baby" -- show.

The one and only downside I have ever seen here is how some people(only a few) are so quick to jump on a negative tangent to otherwise positive threads.

Like was stated in the post above this one, "To each his own".

Me, I'll take the high road every time. Thanks all, have a great day!!
You haven't learned how to appreciate the sage advice you've received. Free of charge, of course. You'd have to pay $30 for a gun show as good as the classifieds here. The good gun shows from 20 or 30 years ago, they're on the internet now. The realm of "gun" shows has been overtaken by con men. The same goes for most good gun shops.
Yeah, but I haven't seen the "Guns and Girls" girls signing calendars here on the fire. I tried to come home with one of those, but it wasn't happening!!!
Originally Posted by riley007
Yeah, but I haven't seen the "Guns and Girls" girls signing calendars here on the fire. I tried to come home with one of those, but it wasn't happening!!!
If you're so socially inept that you need to attend a "gun" show to get close to women, then you need to focus your resources elsewhere.
went with a model 63 found a like new 94 .375, good day. I swear i ran into bricktop, standing between the girls with guns and the wooden toys!
Just kidding, I'm just trying to justify why I still go and spend the money. I have bought way more items on the fire than than the gun show. This is a great place. And no I didn't really try to hit on one of the girls. I didn't even get the calendar.
Is pushing around a mop or in the LEOs backseat.
What's up Larry? You taking a break from your glory hole duties?
Bricktop, tough when you azz is the one being kicked eh ?
I went and sold a bunch of stuff. You guys probably saw me with a Cabela's pack with a neon pink sign with rifle, shotgun and Trijicon stuff for sale.

I ended up with a nice custom rifle in 260 Rem.

Later
Nice to find all the Oklahoma boy's! I didn't know we had this many on here.
Originally Posted by redwolves
Bricktop, tough when you azz is the one being kicked eh ?
Larry, you ain't worth the sweat off my ass.
© 24hourcampfire