Home
This gun is not a safe queen, it's a hunter. Stock has numerous marks, red butt pad shows some wear and there is some wear at the muzzle as seen in the pictures. It has iron sights and a Canjar single set trigger. The scope is not included but the rings are. $650 + actual UPS insured charges to your FFL. Payment by USPS MO or Paypal+3%.

www.photobucket.com/RugerRoberts
Nice RS with character!

A couple of pics for you!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks! It's a great old gun.
That looks to be a M77ST roundtop. Is the barrel 24" in length?
Yes, the barrel does appear to be 24". The Canjar single set trigger is amazing, even unset. Wish they still made them. Thank you to all the computer/Ruger experts for additional information.
Yep, didn't notice the round-top!

Bump for a cool rifle!
This is still here?!
Ruger first issue 257 roberts were the "R77PL" models with 24 inch barrels and sights.

Doc
The PL's were roundtops with no sights.
It is nice. A little heavy for my tastes, but I'm afraid if I had it, I'd hunt it with the factory irons....which would save some weight w/o the mounts and scope. I'm thinkin'..........

I have some old Hornady 117 RN's, I think.........just to make it funner!

PM Sent.

ETA: Rifle is still available. Somebody needs to buy it.
^^^
Price reduced to $600 shipped without rings,bases or scope.
Originally Posted by 3dtestify
The PL's were roundtops with no sights.

That is correct. M77PL = roundtop no sights. M77ST = roundtop with sights.
^^^
One of the nicest classic style rifles ever made.Leonard did well w/that stock and Ruger did well w/the action and sights on a timeless action and cartridge.My first ever real deer rifle. powdr
Doesn't seem to be much love for the 1/4 Bob here. I should have listed it as a Canjar single set trigger with a Ruger red pad tang safety rifle!
Originally Posted by 257heaven
PM Sent.
ETA: Rifle is still available. Somebody needs to buy it.

+1 on that.

It is actually a pretty scarce rifle for the Ruger enthusiast. Looks to be in the 70-55XXX SN range. Pre-warning, pre-liberty gun.

Up for a nice Ruger.
^^^
Yep, the RENE Ruger reference refers to this rifle as "very scarce". Ronnie Burke's book says the M77ST in .257 Roberts was first introduced in 1972 on a special limited, uncataloged basis with probably no more than 2,000 rifles made. But only this first addition has the 24" medium weight barrel, just like this rifle.

If funds weren't tight right now, I'd be all over this rifle!
Wow. Over 1,000 views and no interest in a classic gun in a classic caliber with a Canjar trigger. Times are tough!
PM on the way. Thanks.
Still for sale.
Attempted to send a PM but was greeted with "This user is not accepting personal messages". Please contact me about this rifle. Thank you.
I think I have it fixed now and have responded (I think). Let me know if you get my PM-carl
Rifle is SPF to JinCO
PM sent
© 24hourcampfire