Home
Hello Friends!!

Thanks for looking, To officially kick this off, jcsteeltargets.com presents the mother of all AR500 steel target group buys. Please check out our website for more information about what we are doing and the bigger purpose behind it. (jcsteeltargets.com). Thank you for taking the time to look at the website and thank you for your support. Website is still a work in progress, but we are getting there...

Proceeds go back to at-risk youth here on Jubilee youth ranch. We are blessed and thank you guys for your continued support.

This is a 30 Day group buy for Premium AR500 Steel targets. All Steel targets are cut via a computer programmed robotic Plasma cutting arm. It creates a super nice product that will likely last a lifetime.

Here is how this group buy will work-

I am going to take orders from everyone for 30 days. So lets say this group buy will close on the last day of February. (2/29/12). I will let you know how to make the payment and what steps to follow when your ready to put your order in. If you would like just post here what you want and then send me a PM. Or email me at [email protected]. After the 30 days I will close the group buy, our students will take the time order all the plates, pack the steel, tape the boxes, print the labels, and everything else involved to make sure you get your plates in a timely manner.

Here is what we are going to offer for this group buy.

Squares-

3.5x3.5-3/8"-$6---4 pounds
6x6-1/2"-$13---5.5 pounds
8x8-3/8"-$16---7.5 pounds
12x12-3/8"-$35---16.5 pounds

Rounds-

5 inch round-3/8"-$9----4 pounds
8 inch round-3/8"-$16---6 pounds
8 inch round-1/2"-$20---7.5 pounds
10 inch round-3/8"-$25---11 pounds
12 inch round-3/8"-$35---15 pounds

Rectangles-

2x3-3/8"-$5---3 pounds
5.25x8.5-3/8"-$14---7 pounds
24x12-3/8"-$75 for one, and I will pay for shipping, two for $140 and I will pay for shipping. Oversized 1/2 inch mounting holes.

IPSC torso targets

25%-1/2"-$15---6 pounds
40%-3/8"-$24---9 pounds
45%-3/8"-$36---14 pounds
66%-3/8"-$75 for one, and I will pay for shipping, two for $140, and I will pay shipping, or three for $200 and I will pay for shipping.
100%-3/8"-$120 plus your choice of shipping from 99348

Small precision targets-

1.5 inch triangle-3/8"-$4---2.5 pounds
3x5 Diamond-3/8"-$7---4 pounds

Shipping/handling charges-

All shipping/handling charges, unless otherwise noted, will be a flat fee of $18. This will cover you for up to 70LBs of Premium AR500. I have added all the weights to make it easy for you to calculate your shipping total before you make an order.

For your $18 you will get full value insurance, delivery confirmation, and USPS priority 2-3 day shipping.

Payment-

We can accept USPS money orders or paypal plus 4 percent. Or cash of course!

Order bonus-

If you order 20 plates or more in any variety(excluding 100% IPSC) , the shipping/handling charges will be on us. That is right, you will pay $0 in shipping!!!

Custom Sizes-

I would be happy to give you a quote for anything you need done in Premium AR500. Please be prepare to give me some fairly detailed specs of what your looking for.

Steel shooting recommendations-

I recommend you shoot your Premium AR500 steel at 100 yards min. distance with 308 variety rounds and 200 yards min. distance with 300 mag variety rounds. If you do this your steel should last a very long time. Alot of the people that should the Premium AR500 steel we have will tell you they have seen no damage at any distance with any gun.

I have a 6x6-1/2" target I have tortured for 3 years now. It has seen roughly 2500 rounds of 300 WM, 308, 270, 338 varieties, 50 cal muzzleloaders, handguns and everything in between at a MAX distance of 25 yards. It shows no damage. Just knocks the paint off!!! That is not recommended though....But gives you an idea of the quality of our AR500 steel. Remember, speed is what truly hurts steel.

Thanks for all the support, have a blessed day.

-Jake
jcsteeltargets.com

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
How do these hold up to monometal bullets, like Barnes TSX or Hornady GMX?
Hey tom, good to talk with you again. At distance you would be just fine. Thats not a steel core bullet is it?

I shoot my 300 RUM with 200 grain Nosler accubonds and 180 grain E-Tips at a 6x6 1/2" target all the time at short distance. Just knocks the paint off!!
Tom, I have no firsthand experience with monometal bullets and these targets but below is a link to a good picture of my 8� round, �� thick. It�s been hit with dozens and dozens of the following so far:
.223 50 gr. V-Max at 3200 fps
.270 Hornady 130 SP at 3000 fps
.308 and .30-06, 150 Hornady SP at 2800-2900 fps
.243 AI, Sierra 85 HPBT at over 3300 fps
.250 AI, Sierra 87 Spitzer at over 3300 fps

Most shots were at 200 yards but I did whack it considerably at 100 yards. The target takes it in stride but my hanging system gets a little stressed at those 100 yard impacts from the heavier bullets. I also have a 6� square that�s taken the same impacts and it looks the same.

You can see that all it does is dimple the target ever so slightly, and most of those are probably the hot .243 and .250 loads. A 150 grain Interlock at 2900 fps doesn�t even faze it. If you ever go to Black�s Creek range and take a good look at their 200 yard ringer it�s cratered like the surface of the moon and it�s probably 1� thick.

I plan on getting another 8� round and maybe one or two other sized targets just cause I�m kind of a hoarder and like to have spares, but I do believe that unless you hit these things with AP bullets they will last years and years.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=752481&size=big&cat=&ppuser=665

hi jake,

could you give me a price on the following via a pm:

2-- 3 inch circles 1/2 inch thick with a 3/8 inch hole
2-- 6 inch circles 1/2 inch thick with a 3/8 inch hole
2-- 9 inch circles 1/2 inch thick with a 3/8 inch hole

i live in pa, 19030 for shipping calculations

thanks,
max

PM sent.
Marked for reference (free bump)
+1
Jason and Jim, thanks for the feedback. I bought several of these a few months ago and highly recommend them to anyone. They are a hoot, for sure. I haven't yet shot a GMX or TSX at them, and likely won't shoot too many as they cost too much!

Anyone who wants some fun practicing, ought to get a couple of these, for sure.

Tom
Jake,

I would definitely like:
Two 8" round 1/2"
One 12" round 3/8"

What would be your quote on two 6" round targets 1/2" thick, or make the 5" round 1/2" thick? I would prefer either over the 5" 3/8" thick.

Will also send this in a PM.

Remember guys, proceeds go back to the at-risk youth program, here on jubilee youth ranch. So not only are you getting a premium product for dirt cheap, your helping some youth continuing to gain skills needed to take with them as them mature.

Rick and I worked out a deal to be a commercial vendor here on the site. Thanks again Rick, 24hourcampfire.com has been a blessing to these students.
Anyone have any idea how these would hold up to a 50 BMG @ 400 yard min.
Pm sent
I will take...
5- 8 inch round-1/2"-$20---7.5 pounds

PM on the way.
All PM's returned, Thanks for the support guys.

Peter, at 400 yards, I think the smaller 1/2" targets will do just fine. At further distance, like 600-700 yards I think you would be fine with 3/8 AR500.

I have not shot any steel with a 50BMG so I honestly dont know, just talking from what I have heard from others.
I will take

two(2) 8 inch round-1/2"-$20---7.5 pounds

PM on the way.
Copy that cummins59, PM returned. Thanks
I will take a 12"X12" square and a 100% IPSC target ( $155 +HIS ).

PM also sent.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
sgtsmmiii
No problem SGTS, pm returned
Custom Orders are also no problem if you would like them. I will include them with group buy pricing!
Thanks for the support guys!!!! After you see this steel you will be amazed at the quality and performance.

Group buy will run until the end of Feb and then I will not be taking orders on the group buy anymore.

Thanks, Jake
A little over a couple weeks until this group buy closes!! Thanks for all the orders.

Jake
I'm in.

1-12 inch round-3/8"-$35---15 pounds

PM inbound.
count me in for a 8" diameter 1/2" thk round
Hi Jake,

Can you please give me a price quote for the following:

1 - 10x10" square, 3/8" thick
1 - 12" round, 1/2" thick
1 - 8" round, 3/8" thick

Thanks!
Jordan
Sure Jordan, we can ship up to Canada as well. PM sent!
gsganzer, go ahead and send me a PM and we will get you on the list. Thanks for the orders guys.

Jake
What type of youth does Jubilee serve?Jubilee is specifically structured to help teenage boys between the ages of 13 and 18 who exhibit self-defeating behaviors. Jubilee specializes with problems like: low self-esteem, depression, substance abuse, ODD, ADD, school failure and family conflict.

I like what the program represents and the assistance you're providing to young men in need.

I will place an order.
Thanks--David
Thank you David for your support! It is much appreciated.

Jake
TTT
Thank you for the interest and support to our youth ranch!!!

We have ONLY 1 week left in this group buy and it will then close. So get your orders in and lets make this happen. Thanks again, have a blessed day.

Jake
I will take two 8 inch round-1/2"-$20. PM sent

TJH
Thanks for the orders and support guys!!

FIVE days left and this group buy will be CLOSING! HURRY and get your orders in!
For anyone that looks at this offer and says to themselves (like I did) "I don't need steel", but still wish there was a way to contribute to this program, I'd like to point out the website link in Jcvibby's signature block. There is an option to Donate directly to this cause.

BUMP
I would like the following
6- 5" at $9ea 4#ea
2- 8" at $16ea 6#ea
2- 12" at $35ea 15#ea
Hey Guys, thanks for the orders, THIS GROUP BUY IS GOING TO BOE OPEN FOR 2 MORE DAYS.

That is TWO more days and then no more group buy orders will be taken. Get them in while you can!!! Thanks again for the support to our youth ranch.

Jake
Jake

I will take.
2-3.5x3.3-3/8"
2-6x6-1/2
12-5" round-3/8"
1-8" round-1/2"
2-2x3-3/8"
2-5.25x8.5-3/8"

Let me know what the total is.

Thanks!

Jim C
PM sent, Better get in on this before it's over.
Jcvibby when do you expect to start shipping?
I will take one
66%-3/8 IPSC torso target. PM Sent
Jake,

Please put me down for one 10" round 3/8" - PM to follow.

Thanks!
PM sent
pm sent with order
PM sent
pm sent
PM sent with order.
Pm sent with order
Hey Guys, thanks for all the orders!!! I have about 95 emails and PM's to go through. I will take them in order.

This group buy will close at 12AM tonight my time(PST). Thats MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

Thanks, Have a blessed day!!!
ill take one 40% ipsc please pm with payment information thank you -Rob
Hey guys, thanks for all the orders.

Group buy is no closed. No other orders will be taken.

Our order count is roughly 480 orders. Good job guys. Now the real work begins!!! I am going to gather a few more orders in the mail over the next couple days, and then get all the steel here so we can box them up and send them out to you. Thanks for your support.

Have a blessed day.
Keep an eye open for some awesome stands we are going to offer. Again, all proceeds from these stands will be going straight back to Jubilee youth ranch. I think you guys will love them.

They are lightweight, portable, durable, and best of all they are cheap!

We made 2 shipments this week. One of thursday and one on Friday. About 100 boxes went out the door.

I am planning on sending another 100 boxes or so on tuesday this week. and another 100 or so on thursday.

So our overall goals is to have all these shipped by next week sometime. I am taking them in line as we got them in. It is really hard for us to give special consideration for one person or another, because EVERYONE is telling me they REALLY need their plates. But I will try.

Thanks for the support guys.
cant wait to see the stands
Hey Guys, thanks for all the support and orders.

We complied all the orders and made our final group buy steel order yesterday. Plate should be done and finished by the end of the week. Hopefully, at it is roughly 2,300 targets. It was a really big steel order!!!

Anyway, I ship out a few boxes late last week. And we have a little more steel on hand that we are packing up and getting out the door. I am hoping to get another 150 boxes out this week. The remainder of boxes will be packed up and shipped in order when the final order of steel is done and finished.

I think you guys will be really happy with the Premium AR500 group buy targets. I will try and make sure they get to you in a timely manner.

Remember that steel and cardboard boxes don't usually get along. Your box very well might look beat up. But everything is in there and has been packed all together so you should be good to go.

Thanks again for your support to Jubilee Youth Ranch. If your ever up this way get in touch and you can shoot my personal steel collection.

Have a blessed day.

Jake
Jake,

Any idea of when I'll see my plates, my check went out 2/1??

Bumpin'this up to not forget...

Here's the lowdown and update on the entire group buy!

We collected orders until the 1st of the month. We got roughly all the orders together which ended up coming in roughly the 5th of the month. Or students here on Jubilee youth ranch organized and put together what everyone wanted. Which turned out to be about 26,000 pounds of steel.

It took us 4 days to get the order organized and nested out on the AUTO-CAD program. The final order was put in on the 9th about 4pm.

It took 7 business days to get everything cut and counted and recounted to make sure everyone actually got what they were asking for. Which was actually really quick considering its 2,000 plus targets.

So that puts us at the 21st of the month being the first day to start packing. We packed and shipped 130 boxes already. Roughly 5,200 pounds.

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was out of town.

My plan if our students backs make it is to pack 50 boxes a day. That would equate to 1,500 pounds a day!!!!

Business days only. And please keep in mind I still have my job working with youth all day.

If you put your order in at the very start of the group buy, your order form is near the top of the list. If your order was put in to my on march 1st or late in the group buy, your Targets will be shipped in order as we got them. Just fair that way. I have had lots of people ask me " can I get my targets by this weekend??? And they say I'll throw you an extra $20???" end quote, Unfortunately it take me 45 minutes to find one random order in a stack of 600 papers.

Again fair is fair, we are going down the list. I actually think with the quantity of orders and pounds of targets everyone got, we are right on schedule!

Thanks again for all of your orders, our youth are really enjoying packing up and shipping all these orders. I am double checking and verifying everything to insure your taken care of like I would want.

I hope everyone has a truly blessed day and a great week.

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
Jubilee Youth Ranch
Jake

What a job!

Thanks for the update!

Jim C
Jake,
I'm glad you posted this. Sounds perfectly plausible. More than a month after my payment was sent, I was beginning to wonder what was going on. This explains it.

Thanks for the update!
thanks for the info!!
Now...let's see those stands!!!!!
Stands are looking great. I can not release the cat out of the bag until after I am completed with all the packing and shipping of the group buy. I just want to do one thing at a time!!!

You guys will love them though!
Finally got a place where I can shoot long on saturday, but I missed the group buy any way I can still order?
Cant wait until you show pictures of the stands
I gotsta gotsta see dem stands

I'm with Wildone, wanting to "pre-place an order", BUT I just now noticed this OP.

When can the boys start anew on another project and will we get the chance to match the target steel with some pretty hangers?

Thanks to Rick for giving this the GREEN LIGHT!
up
Has anyone received their targets from this group buy yet?
Nope!
No.
I had my order placed within the first couple days of the group buy and I recived my targets a little over a week ago. I got the 8" round and they are very nice.
Yep got one
Good to hear they're getting got...
Keep an eye open on your front porch guys. We are getting them out in high numbers this week. I am hoping to have all boxes shipped by Monday.
Sweet, can't wait!
I ordered on the last day of the group buy, and got mine today.
Dude!
Jake

Got my targets today.

Thanks!

Jim C
Originally Posted by Jcvibby
Keep an eye open on your front porch guys. We are getting them out in high numbers this week. I am hoping to have all boxes shipped by Monday.

Don't forget about the PM I had sent you..Ole Buddy...
Got mine today as well. The 12" plate is awesome.

Thanks again.
Plate in-hand today... Now for those stands?
We sent another 100 boxes today. and are trying to get the rest sent out this week. Its a big task but we are working hard for you guys.
Received mine today. A little rusty, but otherwise they look great!
Still shipping? No steel here, yet.
Yeap, still shipping. Have some more boxes to go out today and Monday. But that will pretty much finish us up. We do have a few boxes sitting here because of address issues.
© 24hourcampfire