Home
Posted By: captbutch Winchester Model 12 - 02/12/12
Model 12 Winchester, 1950's vintage, 28" 12 ga Mod choke barrel, Simmons rib, Anton wood, excellent condition. Not a mark on it that I can see. $900.00 Shipped lower 48.
[img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: Sako Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/12/12
Very nice......
Posted By: okok Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/12/12
pm sent
Posted By: captbutch Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/13/12
PM replied
Posted By: okok Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/13/12
bump
Posted By: captbutch Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/14/12
Thanks for the bump okok
Posted By: noremi Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/14/12
pm sent
Posted By: blackwinch Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/14/12
Nice shotgun bump
Posted By: Bryant Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/15/12
classic gun bump
Posted By: captbutch Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/16/12
All PM's answered.
Nice talking to you noremi.
Shotgun still for sale.
Sorry guys, I'm not looking for any trades at this time, as I have another project I'm working on.
Thanks Butch
Posted By: 30338 Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/16/12
Simmons did awful good work. I had them put a rib on my Model 12 and it is perfect. Good luck on sale.
Posted By: captbutch Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/17/12
ttt
Posted By: captbutch Re: Winchester Model 12 - 02/18/12
bump
One and ONLY price drop. $850.00 shipped to your FFL lower 48.
ttt
One more time grin
bump
Please tell me about "Anton wood "
Thanks
Originally Posted by shopteach
Please tell me about "Anton wood "
Thanks

I really have no information about Anton Stocks. I believe they were a custom stockmaker from some time ago. I was told at the time of purchase that this was "Anton stocked".
Not much help, but it's all I know about it.

Thanks Butch
Anton was a stock maker who did a lot of work for trapshooters back in the day.
If I remember correctly they were characterized by a deeply curved pistol grip and often a roll-over comb. The combination of the two were supposed to greatly diminish recoil when shooting many rounds of trap. Usually a Monte Carlo comb was part of the package. Thus it is a style more directed at up-gun target games rather than one for field use.

A search came up with this:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=273564&Messages=21

Today there are two definitions of an Anton stock; One actually made by him and one that more or less is a copy of his style.
Anton was a custom stock maker from Hudson IA. He was a master. The stocks he made were custom fit to the shooter, if they desired, he did a lot of stocks that were off set, custom drops and things for guys that compete shooting trap, skeet, etc. They were very expensive, and very nice.

Since he passed away, there is someone else making them now. Nice, nice stuff.

Larry
Thanks for that information guys! I thought it was something like that, but really didn't have much more info than that. It is nice wood!
Thanks Butch
Can you tell me the stock dimensions, especially length of pull? Also, what type of pad is on the stock?

Thanks, RS
I get about 14 3/8ths lop.
And I might have mispoken on the stock!
It has a FAJEN plastic buttplate which leads me to believe it is a Fajen stock rather than an Anton.
I would have sworn I was told Anton, but I am getting old...memory is a terrible thing to lose blush. Maybe we'll figure this out yet.
Thanks Butch
Not Anton. Probably Fajen re the buttplate. Appearance could also be Herter's but they never had wood that nice.

HM
ttt
bttp
© 24hourcampfire