Home
I just got this rifle as well and have not even had a chance to shoot it. Selling to cover some unexpected expenses.

Purchased from the folks at michi-gun.

Great wood comes with new unopened 30mm Talley light weight lows.

New production, a real beauty.

only removed from box for photos.

$1800 Shipped to your FFL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Reduced to $1750 Shipped. This is a 2012 rifle that I bought at 2012 prices. Offering it for less than what I paid for it.
BTT
Are you open to any partial trades? I have a beretta Eureka Optima 12, like new. Maybe a couple others.
PM's replied to. Not considering trades at this time.
Looks like a real shooter by looking at the test target
Reduced to $1700 shipped to your FFL. Will include two sets of rings and bases: Talley steel mounts and 1" rings as well as NIB talley lightweight lows 30mm.
Listing another site as well, please PM first for availability.

Price reduced again to $1600 Shipped to your FFL CONUS.
BTT
$1600 Shipped to your FFL holder CONUS
$1585 Shipped to your FFL holder CONUS
$1550 Shipped to your FFL Holder CONUS
That looks like exceptionally nice wood for a Classic, great deal at this price.
I want this soooo bad!....May even consider liqidating some nice stuff to come up with the cash if it lasts long enough.
You should liquidate all nice stuff to get this... wink
Great deal! I've seen plenty of used M52's in plane jane calibers sell for more....
Tuam, I have a question, is this chambered for the new version .280 AI? I unnderstand that there are two versions now. The original Ackley spec. and the Nosler/ Remington version , which is the new SAAMI spec. I am interested , and will take it if it the new version.
Bogtrotter,

I have a Cooper 280AI, and it is built to the SAAMI spec.

You will be getting a helluva rifle and the price is right.

Steve

I'll take it. Tuam send a PM so we can xhange info!
Well I just got off the phone with Cooper. One tech said the 280 AI is SAAMI spec, the other tech that sounded more experienced said the chamber is cut with a reamer identical to PO Ackleys design but that commercially avaialabe brass and ammo from Nosler is compatable.

If anyone can offer more info pleas do so.

I didnt know there was a difference so this is a learning experience for me as well.
Shooting Nosler factory ammo produced excellent 1st groups from my left hand Model 52 280 AI. However, bolt lift was more than a little sketchy at times.

Running the once fired Nosler brass thru a neck sizer worked OK, my best result's have come from fireformed Remington 280 stuff.

It is my belief that the Cooper's are cut to Ackleys design.
SPF to Bogtrotter.
THAT IS A NICE RIFLE.
© 24hourcampfire