Home
Posted By: gemby58 Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
heres some bull [bleep]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/12/18/cerberus-freedom-group-bushmaster/1776997/
Posted By: mudder700 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I say WE should all boycott Dicks Sporting Goods
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
already emailed them saying that I will no longer do bussiness with them and asked where I can send my rewards back to, I know they could probley care less about me or my bussiness but its a start
easy to do for me, I've never yet bought anything there. prefer locally, or at least regionally owned stores.
I buy my soccer team there stuff there, time to look else where
Posted By: Setterman Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Dick's is history for me as well.

This will be a topic of conversation @ the club tomorrow. Old guys who finally have some dough to spend won't be parting w/ it @ this venue.

Too bad,because they were relatively convenient.

B.S.
Posted By: TheOldTree Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I would never consider buying a gun there.
Posted By: Kodiak17 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Maybe the liberals will shop there but I never will. If they forgot who supported their business from the start maybe they will remember as they close their doors.
we just had one open up in November,bet they are going to fall on hard times now,oh well,sucks for them to be a dick(s)
Posted By: predmaster223 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by mudder700

Done +40
Saw this this morning a guy I work with showed it to me. It didn't go over well in our shop. I work in the Marine Corp's largest armory.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I suggest soccer.com for team gear. NC company that has always done right by me.
Posted By: Down_South Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Looks like Dicks is living up to their name.
Posted By: predmaster223 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Yeah I've never been a fan though but now won't waste my time at all.
Posted By: celery Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Sounds like Dick's are pusseys.

The site would accept the correct spelling.
Posted By: brilite Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I worked at Galyan's when Dick's bought the Galyan's business. I can't say enough good things about Galyan's...the quality of goods (firearms in particular), services, sales people, and the management team. Dick's sucked back then and they keep on suckin'!
Posted By: TexasShooter Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
The irony is all these nitwits are blaming guns and not the real culprits - the idiots that coddled these dangerously crazy people. In every instance, others knew these murderers were nuts and dangerous but did nothing to protect innocent people. If anything needs to be done legislatively, it is to devise a system for evaluating and removing these crazies from the general population. We can't stop all of them but it appears now we are not stopping any of them.
Posted By: Gasman Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I sent them an email via their website, not that it will do any good. I felt better, though!
Posted By: st8tman Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Dick's has always been high as hell anyway/ if it wasn't on sale you could figure on paying 10-15% more at Dick's. Not anymore...Dick's are for Chicks silly rabbit....but they ain't for ME!
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
No Dick's for me.
Posted By: rudyc Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
'tis the season for e-mails.

Sent one off to Dick's this afternoon and NBC last week for the Bob Costas blather during an NFL football game.

rudyc
Posted By: RaySendero Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Here's the info from their site and in their words:

PRESS ROOM
Welcome to the DICK's Sporting Goods Press Room. This site is designed to provide working members of the press with contact information and resources.

MEDIA
Members of the press are invited to call DICK's Sporting Goods Media Relations
at 724.273.5552 or email [email protected]

Statement from DICK�S Sporting Goods
We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.

We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/corp/index.jsp?page=pressRoom&ab=Footer_Know_PressRoom

Note - They offer us phone number and an e-mail address grin
Posted By: bobkat Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Dicks, Kmart and others. I just don't give them my money.
Posted By: ADP Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I never bought anything at Dick's anyway so it won't hurt me one bit.

What a bunch of idiots. After guns and ammo it will be knives, rope, and blunt objects that get banned.
Posted By: Boykin Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
So.... Dick's also owns Wholesale Sports. Dey won't see my green either.
Posted By: joes64gto Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I learned of the change via news broadcasts today. I couldn`t get the email written and sent fast enough. Content of email provided below.

Sirs/Madams,
News of your recent change of policy concerning the sale of "modern" firearms thankfully was given to me prior to me doing my usual last minute Christmas shopping. I had planned to visit the Dick`s at Towncenter here in Jacksonville,Fl and to enjoy a lunch with my wife at PF Changs close by. We have a large extended family and most of them are participants in outdoor sports that include fishing and hunting.We were anticipating the purchase of a number of items at your store and I regret that Dicks will not be a destination for me or my family in the future. I had never visited your competitor ,Academy Sports, so changed my plans and headed there. For your interest, while one customer or that customers family may not concern you, I assure you that through the memberships I have in several clubs here in Jacksonville that I plan to let my fellow members and friends know of your policy and my decision. Several of our members are coaches for youth sports teams as well as being hunters and I will urge them to go elsewhere for the purchase of their team equipment. While at Academy Sports I noticed that they have a selection that rivals or exceeds anything I have seen in your store.
I bought alot a christmas gifts from Dicksheads ( for soccer team and friends), I told my wife I going to return everything I bought and go somewhere else. She asked what am I going to say when asked why I'm returning everything, I'm goin to say (I'm not happy with there recent change of policy concerning the sale of "modern" firearms). Then im going to email a copy of my returned receipt to there main off and say big mitake on your new policy
Posted By: tunacan Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
How the [bleep] is taking guns off the shelves being "sympathetic" for a time of mourning and tragedy.

A local news stations website took firearms "temporarily" off of the their classifieds list.

Stupid unstable kill people, not the law abiding citizens that I run with.

Take my [bleep] pen away for misspelling words????
Lets govern vehicles too so they can top out at 75 mph right?

Yeah I don't "need" an assault style rifle, but I also don't need alot of things.

Point being is that I "want" these things. If I want a rifle that holds 30 rounds, by god I will have it. If I want a car that does 180 mph, let me be.

Im so [bleep] sick of these right wing azzholes and their agendas.

Such a horrible loss in CT, but give me a break. Lets disarm the American public because of it?

Lets ban the legal sale and ownership of firearms to the american public?

[bleep] Dicks and Walmart.

I have a headache
Posted By: Freedumb1 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
No Dick's for me.

I'm stifling my comment on this one.

I have purchased ammo from these Dick's once or twice when they ran some pistol ammo at ridiculous prices.

The ones I have been in have a gun selection that keeps me away anyway.
Posted By: MattMan Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
It's a thinly veiled plot to pander to libtards, while at the same time retaining the stock on hand of ARs for a few weeks until the sudden and drastic increase in demand outstrips the supply. They'll be back on the shelves at thrice the price by spring...

Posted By: TheOldTree Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Seriuosly, wgaff, You guys ain't got enough sh.. already?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by brilite
I worked at Galyan's when Dick's bought the Galyan's business. I can't say enough good things about Galyan's...the quality of goods (firearms in particular), services, sales people, and the management team. Dick's sucked back then and they keep on suckin'!

Buddy of mine worked for Dick's in Dallas several years ago. The head "Dick" came in to the store one day & asked the gun counter employees why gun sales in Texas were slow in the summertime.
My buddy replied " because in Texas, we sell handguns year round, & since you removed them all from the store, sales suck"! "Dick" fired him on the spot.

That was the last time me or any of our friends bought anything else from that ass hole's so called "Sports Store"
Posted By: Biathlonman Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Won't last long. Gun sales have been the only thing keeping them afloat during the latest recession.
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Dick's sucks dicks!
Posted By: boliep Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12

I was in Macon, GA yesterday afternoon and can confirm that Dick's Sporting Goods had removed all ar-15 rifles from their shelf.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
just sent this off to them. i'm sure they are quaking in their boots.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Due to your recent policy change regarding sales of modern firearms, my extended family and I will no longer spend a cent at your store. While we have spent a considerable amount of money over the years at your stores, I am sure this will not affect your policy. However, keep in mind that there are millions of responsible gun owners in America, and there is a concerted effort taking place among them to boycott your stores due to your recent policy changes. Gun owner forums, sporting clubs, etc all over America are participating in this boycott. If you truly understood the issue with gun violence, you would not be reacting in such an ineffective way.

Guns Don't Kill People. People Kill People
Posted By: JDK Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
What is Dick's going to do when someone goes on a bender with a golf club or hockey stick?

Posted By: tack Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Just sent them an e-mail advising our Bass club will no longer purchase from their stores.

Their e-mail is [email protected] and their phone # is 1-877-846-9997

Call as often as you can.
Just sent them a comment as well and our local gun club as well
Posted By: cal74 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Also sent a comment, I don't shop there a great deal but spend enough money there each year that I can find some place else to.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by mudder700

I boycotted Dick's years ago. Nothing more than Wally-World under a different name.
Posted By: emmerth Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Dick's corporate offices are located down the road from my house. I have spend thousands in their stores but that is about to change. I even sent them an email this morning explaining my concern with their actions and that I would no longer be shopping in their stores. Thank goodness that I(we) have options.

I bet they are getting overwhelmed with emails right now,I sent one too
Posted By: Acelungger Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I think this is just the Start of things to Come, and I don't hink we will like it!
Ace
update on my returns, just got back from Dicks returning $1581.69 worth of xmas items I bought from there, the girl at the return counter was stumped as why I was doing this and called the manager. He came and asked if there was something wrong with the items, I told him nothing wrong with anything just you new policy on gun sales. He started to say that I should feel for the people in CT, I told him I do but doing what Dicks is doing isent going to change a thing, said even the people of Newtown said dont blame the guns, its not the guns but the person behind it. He said that based on me returning what I bought because of there new policy he did think he had to take the items back. I had a friend along that happens to be laywer and he stood up and gave the manager his card and said unless you want to end up being sued because he read the return policy on the receipts, you better do what he says. Manager called someone and after getting off the phone talked under his breath and said I dont know what there new poilcy has to do with the items I bought and then I said I change my policy just like you. Oh fogot they tried to charge me a restocking fee to boot that didnt fly over well either with me.
Posted By: UncleWad Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I will be taking my business elsewhere. Farewell Dicks!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Good job! I have never been in one of their stores and now know that I will never be.
well anothing nice thing is I was getting a little crowd around me wondering what was going on so that must of help there bussiness too
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I sent the following email to:

[email protected]

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am heartbroken over the recent school shooting in Connecticut. Blaming the tool is idiotic and your publicity stunt sickens me. I have been a loyal customer of your store in Eugene, Oregon, but I will never support your organization again.

You are using a tragedy as a marketing ploy. Shame on you.

They won't care but I feel better.

P

well said Pharmseller
Posted By: CCH Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Guess I'm wondering why Dick's was still okay after they bought Galyan's and got out of the handgun business? That said, this is still a BS move.
Posted By: theduke308 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
I sent one too, probably wasted my keystrokes but its satisfying..

Posted By: old_willys Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/19/12
Dick's isn�t the store is used to be, I shopped at the original Dicks in Binghamton & Vestal NY for decades and they were the best to deal with back then.

"Dick" Stark started small in the 40's growing to two stores, after 40 years he stepped aside and his son took over moved their headquarters to Pittsburgh and built the new Dicks, he changed the way they did business. In other words he [bleep] up a good thing.
Posted By: FieldVarmint Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
Dick's sporting goods must be hurting so bad that they have to use a national tragedy to gain publicity. What a whore Dick's. I will never buy another product from this company again.
Posted By: Buckeye Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
I've never bought anything at Dicks.....and they are two in this area....the children that work behind the gun counter knows nuthin bout ammo or firearms...really pitiful

they really live up to there name,, Dick

I emailed them....and it wasn't pretty
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
even the grownups dont there azz from a hole in the ground about guns
Posted By: dubya Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
I just heard that Discovery and History channels are pulling all their gun shows off the air now too! What's this country coming to..
Posted By: Gasman Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
Apparently, the Discovery Channel is pulling Sons of Guns and American Guns, as well as banning Ted Nugent from the channel.

Discovery Channel To Cancel Two More Gun Shows
Posted By: MattMan Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
No pharmaceutical companies are pulling mood and mind altering prescription drugs from the shelves....

No violent video games are being pulled, boycotted, or banned....

and only one article has mentioned the AR was in the car.

I'm starting to think the movie Idiocracy was a documentary filmed before the actual events happened.
Posted By: celery Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
I am proud of all the comments you guys are making. You are on track. That gives me hope that a positive response may be made to the inappropriate backlash of the uneducated.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
Sent an email. We'll see what good it does, but they won't be seeing anymore of our family's business.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
Just sent one also, keep em coming!
Posted By: jdemocko Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
Done with them as well.
Posted By: bbuddtec Re: Dicks Sporting Goods - 12/20/12
I never felt all that welcome, nor was I impressed with their firearms area in the first place.
© 24hourcampfire