Home
Pretty hard to find Model Six. Gun shows a few handling marks from use but in above average shape. $650 obo shipped. Postal MO or PayPal plus 3% for payment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Obo.
Is it a 7600 of 760?
Looks to me it is a Model 6. I just sold mine after 25 years and she was mint. Boy am i sorry
Originally Posted by nhFrank
Is it a 7600 of 760?

Model 6, hence 'WTS Remington Model Six Pump 30-06'
Yes this what is called a "upgraded" model 760 or 7600. Harder to find than the others.
Any offers?
That's what I thought but after that wise azz dick head made a smart azz comment I didn't reply
Sweet Jesus, blame your parents for you being an idiot, don't get pissed at me.

Guy says what it is and you ask what is it, that makes you an idiot. Sorry, maybe you can sell that extra chromosome on the classifieds.
Enough with the bickering already. It looks to be one fine rifle that I would certainly be proud to have in my collection anyday. Hard hitting, fast reloading "pig gun" would be it's use if i had it.

A Model Six is easy to identify. Has a cartridge head, of the caliber, embedded into the bottom of the receiver just ahead of the magazine well.
It is most similar to the Model 7600 and was discontinued once Remy got full production of the 7600 up and running.
Becoming quite collectible.
Well gents....there is a Model 6 Remington, not to be confused with the Model six pump.
The "6" was I believe, an early single shot.
Anyone a taker at $600?
I just picked one these up about a month ago. They are very slim and trim, points and handles very well. I've not shot it yet. Can't decide wether to scope it or just run a peep. Mine isn't for sale. smile
I also have one in 30 06. I have taken Deer, Hog, and a Water buffalo. As accurate as most bolt actions, beautifully finished, decent trigger. I will not sell mine either.
I have one of these Model Six 30-06 rifles too. Never been in the field. Had it at least 25 years and only 30-40 rounds down the tube. Still in mint condition. Would not sell mine either. 600 dollars sounds like a great deal to me. You just don't see these often.
Sold it today locally. Thanks.
Originally Posted by highrocktwo
Well gents....there is a Model 6 Remington, not to be confused with the Model six pump.
The "6" was I believe, an early single shot.

I think the official designation is "Model Six". That is how it is engraved or roll marked on my wife's in .243.
I didn't know that. I'm fimilar with the semi auto. A model 4 which had the shell case head of the caliber in the receiver, but did not know they did the same on the pump action rifles also. I have one of the model 4's in 30-06 and it is neat how they put the shell head in the receiver. Bump for a nice rifle.
© 24hourcampfire