Home
I have a receiver off a 552 Speedmaster,the finish is weak needs redone but otherwise in good condition. It doesn't have any serial numbers on it so I am told I don't have to ship to a FFL holder.Is this true and any info on what its worth would be appreciated

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
I don't know about shipping it. I have one that is in great shape. I carry it in my truck for shooting skunks with shorts out on the farm.
It is a great little rifle. Hope you can get it working.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I'm sure Bricktop will be along to fill in the blanks, but in the meantime, I wouldn't ship it to an individual. It is clearly not pre 1898, just fell in the era (I'm thinking pre 1968?) when inexpensive guns weren't required to have serial numbers.

Again, I'm no expert, but don't get yourself into trouble before one chimes in.

Regards,
Bob.
Thanks,that's what I was wondering a local gun dealer said I could ship to an individual since it didn't have a serial # but thought I would check with others who know Like(Bricktop). Thanks again
No s/n no FFL needed is my understanding.
Originally Posted by passport
WRONG.

"� 921 Definitions.

(a)
As used in this chapter�

(3) The term "firearm" means (A)any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm."

And a Remington 552 does NOT meet the criteria of an "antique" firearm.

"(16) The term "antique firearm" means�

(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898;"
I need to find a place to get good wood for mine. I have one that functions well, but the metal needs redone and wood needs replaced. If anyone has some for a decent price, message me.
seems like somone with a stock duplicator could fix you right up
Originally Posted by Bricktop
WRONG.

"� 921 Definitions.

(a)
As used in this chapter�

(3) The term "firearm" means (A)any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm."

(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898;"

Bricktop, where is this info from?
WRONG.

"� 921 Definitions.

(a)
As used in this chapter�

Are you kidding me? Is this a serious question?

CLICK D LINK
WRONG.

"� 921 Definitions.

(a)
As used in this chapter�

Are you kidding me? Is this a serious question?

CLICK D LINK

LOL!!! Thanks, you never dissapoint! LMAO!!!
© 24hourcampfire