Home
Few rifles scream "Take me back to Africa" like this one.

Whitworth Mauser chambered in .375 H&H. The barrel marking is "Whitworth Rifle Company Manchester England" and there is a cool engraved castle on the barrel shank, just in front of the receiver ring. 3-leaf sights (2 folding, one fixed.) Front sight is slotted for a hood, but there is none. Two position side safety. 13 3/8" LOP to 1" pad (could use a fresh one.) 60 cm barrel (23 5/8) Barrel band front sling base. 8# 5 oz as show in pictures, which is about perfect for a 375 H&H. It has some honest bluing wear on bolt handle and muzzle. A few spots of bluing loss on the barrel, could be blood spots (kudu? lion?). Even if you have no plans to go to Africa, no true gun loony can go to his grave without having run H&H rounds through a Mauser like this.

If you are unfamiliar with the Whitworth/Interarms history, I will try to summarize it and apologize for any errors I might make. A manufacturing plant in the former Yugoslavia (now Serbia) has made commerical Mausers for a long time. They are CRF true Mauser designs, without the thumb cut; H-ring, rather than C-ring. They have been imported into the US under a number of manufacturer/importer pairs. Interarms, Santa Barbara, Centurion, maybe Parker Hale, Remington, CZ, Charles Daly, and Zastava are all among the names associated with them. Probably the ones held in the highest regard are the Whitworth/Interarms. Certainly the Charles Daly and Zastava imports of recent years are not in the same league in terms of fit, finish, and overall quality.

$850 plus shipping to your FFL, and I can come up with dies and loading components for a little extra $$.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The stock is not as blond as the photo below appears.
[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/utah708/Sales%20related/DSCN3274_zpsefb00595.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/utah708/Sales%20related/DSCN3275_zps549c3846.jpg[/img]

Gorgeous rifle! I've got too many projects on the drawing board right now or I'd have to start pushing money around.
I can't believe this hasn't sold. These are great rifles. If I had the money it would be sitting in my safe but I don't so I'll give it a bump.
Makes me wish I was right-handed.
Its killin me too. Any partial trades?
Never hurts to try me. If I say no, neither of us are out anything.
PM coming.
Sold
I'm happy for raybass, he's been wanting a nice 375 for a long time...Very nice rifle there
I'm stoked really!
Congrats, Raybass. Sweet rifle! The first 375 H&H I shot was a Whitworth.

Eric
DAMN!! Hell of a rifle. And hell of a deal! Congrats Ray.

Tim
Damn good buy right there
You snagged a nice classic rifle. Those Whitworths are SWEET! and this one looks to be in fantastic condition. Congratulations!
Originally Posted by raybass
I'm stoked really!

Another congrats on a REALLY good snag raybass...there isnt a better value in a classic .375 to be found anywhere. You will LOVE it...
BTW, I've owned several of these rifles in different cal and you did yourself well. Good quality at a very reasonable and fair price. Wish I didn't have a 375 Win already. I know you're going to be very satisfied.
I am glad that I was able to sell it within the campfire family. It had been in my father's safe for some years, unused, and he asked me to help him start downsizing the herd. I hope it gets used so much that it ends up looking like this one--which has spent its life as a PH's gun in Zimbabwe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by utah708
I am glad that I was able to sell it within the campfire family. It had been in my father's safe for some years, unused, and he asked me to help him start downsizing the herd. I hope it gets used so much that it ends up looking like this one--which has spent its life as a PH's gun in Zimbabwe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now talk about classy..I like the well worn look. Like a timex watch too...
I'm still grinning! Utah it will get used quite a bit. I've always had a thing for the Whitworths, never owned one but have handled every one I saw in a gunshop. Its a keeper that I plan on using as much as possible. I'm ready for some load work. grin
Originally Posted by raybass
I'm ready for some load work. grin

270 gr Barnes TSX over 74.0gr RL-15 is tough to beat, pal. Shoots sub-MOA in the half dozen or so rifles I've tried it in and clocks right at 2,700 fps. It's big medicine.
Will do Colklink wink
You'll like it. It has become I think, sort of a standard load for the .375. I've used it on moose and cape buffalo. Never heard of a rifle that load won't shoot in. Congrats on a great rifle.
Originally Posted by utah708

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He carried that rifle alot, which in turn means he had confidence in the rifle and himself while carrying it. Says alot doesn't it. Thanks again Utah. wink
© 24hourcampfire