Home
Like new ,Got it in on a trade . 250 Shipped OBO[Linked Image]
Who is the maker?
I am interested in your barrel but I don't see the lugs to mount a forend. Please send some pictures to [email protected]. Thanks for the consideration.
Looks like it'll need a longer than factory forend.
Mounting holes on barrel for TC factory Bull carbine forend
I sure hope that's NOT for a Contender but rather and Encore. The Contender will not hold up to .250 Savage chamber pressures...
SSK still chambers for them.Everyones an expert.
Originally Posted by selmer
The Contender will not hold up to .250 Savage chamber pressures...

Just reload them to under 42-43k PSI and you're GTG. 0.473" case heads are not for knuckleheads.

I'm not a huge fan of 16" carbine barrels in a T/C. If this were a 20" bbl, it would be mine . . .
Can you show us a better pic of the forend mounting holes? It also has the dovetail for the spacer?
who is the maker? custom barrel or rechamber? any markings?
Everybody's an expert huh? Good way to get someone hurt.Contenders are not made for those pressures. I know people that will chamber them in a .500 nitro express but I wouldn't recommend it.
called ssk they still chamber for it.If your not intersted in it keep your post to yourself.expert
I'm definitely no longer interested. GFY.

SPF.
You know you can blow up a 30-30 contender if you load it up way over max or use the wrong powder in a given load, so what is the point of this pissing contest? Just a polite reminder/warning to keep the CUP down is all that is needed.
The point is that chamber pressures with factory ammunition may not be safe. Handload it down, sure, that's fine. Not everyone handloads. I've said my piece, I'm out.
© 24hourcampfire