Home
Pre-64 Model 70 Winchester 256 Newton Cal for sale
Manufactured 1951 as a 270 Win Standard Rifle , Rebarrelled in 1951 when unfired w/ a JR Buhmiller bbl by P.O. Ackley in 256 (6.5/264) Newton cal.
Wears a Unique Scope,a very Early redfield 6X w/CH Peep reticle
Rifle is in 99% + cond Wood & Metal , never been in the Woods
Rifle Mounted Scope & Loads $1375 Shipped w/insurance

Please PM for pics , I got a new Smart Phone (Smartern' Me!!!)and finally got the thing figgerd out on sendin' pics
I am positive I can send pics now , and I thank all of you for not bashin' me when I failed the first time around .
This is truly a beautiful Rifle and it belongs out there with one of you guys that can cherish it like I have .
It can easily be chambered to 6.5-06 or 6'5-06 AI
Sounds like a real nice rifle. Good luck with the sale!!
I'm drooling sound like a great old custom Po ackley barrel and chas newton Carthage in a model 70 does it get any better.. How do you know the history?
It's a gorgeous rifle, chambered in a really cool cartridge and if I had the extra money around I would already own it.
I hope it's ok that I took the liberty of adding some of the photos.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If you want, I will add more photos here later.
How long is the barrel?
That is a very cool rifle with a cool history!
Anyone who would approach this rifle with a reamer should be shot.
Absolutely! If, that don't finish such a barbarian, he should be RE-SHOT and with a MUCH bigger gun! smile

I would LOVE to have and hunt that!
wow...! that's a beauty!
Nice rifle and very cool cartridge.
If it would be of interest, Graf's has brass in Closeout section today........RM
JEEZZUUUS !!!!
Somebody hurry up and buy this before I am forced to lie to my wife about this one showing up ...........
© 24hourcampfire