Home
Posted By: imgoofy Wachtelhund Puppies For Sale - 01/12/14
Puppies were whelped Dec. 29, 2013 making them ready for new homes the last week in February. Dew claws and tails have already been taken care of.

The Wachtelhund is a medium size dog (40-60 lbs), with thick wavy hair similar to a spaniel. They are a flushing retriever classified as a versatile breed hunting upland game birds, waterfowl and fur. Hardy, courageous, efficient over any terrain, the Wachtelhund has a great bloodhound-like nose and is intelligent, lively and easy to train. It is estimated that there are less than 150 Wachtelhunds in the United States.

Puppies available for $750. Only males remain.

My female with a previous puppy. The entire litter has the same markings. White on their belly with white feet.
[Linked Image]

Another previous puppy with similar markings that these pups have. The amount of white varies slightly but very close to the same. So much so, we're gonna need to get different collars to tell them apart.
[Linked Image]

Thanks,
In what part of this country are you located?
Just outside of Colorado Springs, CO.
how many males, females?
are they pure breed?
Puppies are 100% pure bred. Male is my pup, Gunner. Gunner's litter was the first to be registered with AKC. These pups will be registered in UKC.

Litter was a total of 8 with 7 males and 1 female. Female has already been sold.

Here are a few pictures of my dogs.

Dakota with limit of dove and pheasant on the same day:
[Linked Image]

Three limits of pheasants in about 2 hours.
[Linked Image]

Gunner:
Sorry cell phone picture!
[Linked Image]

Gunner's days of training on pen raised birds.
[Linked Image]

I really need to get better pictures of Gunner!
Are they registered with the DWNA? Thanks
Good looking boy!
Originally Posted by jlboykin

My dogs are not registered with the DWNA. If you know much about the Wachtels here in the US, you know there are two very distinct and separate groups of breeders. All of my dogs come from the other side of the division. My female is from Roy Aafedt's kennel and my male from Gary Goerke's kennel.

Thanks,

graybird
Originally Posted by imgoofy
Originally Posted by jlboykin

My dogs are not registered with the DWNA. If you know much about the Wachtels here in the US, you know there are two very distinct and separate groups of breeders. All of my dogs come from the other side of the division. My female is from Roy Aafedt's kennel and my male from Gary Goerke's kennel.

Thanks,

graybird

I understand completely. I was just curious more than anything. You have a great looking bitch and the pups look good as well. I hope you find great families for them.
Pups still available.
ttt
Ttt
Posted By: Biebs Re: Wachtelhund Puppies For Sale - 01/19/14
Make me stop looking at that male puppy !!!
A couple pups still available, get one while they last!
Sold another last night, don't wait too late!
Still got a couple pups. These dogs will be ready to hunt this fall.
Saturday morning bump.
pm sent.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Wachtelhund Puppies For Sale - 03/08/14
Great looking dog!
those are some beauties. I would be all over that If I didn't already have a britt.
Here is a video of the pups that I took about 2 weeks ago. Of the ones still left, we have Oscar, Max and Hippo.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lOY9GeMGRPA

Thanks
Bump for a really solid person to deal with. Great pups too!
WOW, wife and I agree that hose little guys are just precious! They look sort of like a Springer Spaniel to us, are they closely related to the Springers? How do they differ? What is the Wachtelhund's strong suit or properties/tendencies?

My bird brain dog Goober is getting some grey on him, won't be long before I will need to be looking for my next (and very likely last) bird dog.
I've heard the Wachtel be referred to as a spaniel on steroids. They look very similar to spaniels in both color and size. Their noses are better than spaniels for tracking. I have personally witnessed my male track a pheasant 200-250 yards before finally flushing the bird.

They are not a breed well known in the US, but have been bred in Germany for well over 100 years.

I use my dogs mainly for upland game birds, with the occasional waterfowl hunt thrown in the middle. The sire to my male was primarily used for bear hunting and pheasants, if that tells you anything about the versatility of the breed. The ease of training is simply unbelievable as it has been bred into the dogs.

When I was looking for my pup 7 years ago, I wanted a hunting dog and a family companion. The Wachtel has provided both and more than i could expect. When you grab the shotgun, it is like a switch is flipped and they go from family dog to hunting dog. Yet, when in the truck headed back to house, the switched is flipped again and it's back to being family dog again. The Wachtelhund will be the last breed I ever personally own.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can also provide references if needed.

Thanks!
References available upon request.
Tuesday morning bump
Back to the top.
A couple pictures of the pups that are still available.

Max:
[Linked Image]

Hippo:
[Linked Image]

Oscar:
[Linked Image]

All three pups playing with my son. Hippo on the right, Max in the middle and Oscar on the top.
[Linked Image]
Oscar will be headed to a new home next week. So, we're down to two puppies, Hippo and Max. Don't miss out on a great dog!!!
If you were closer to NC I would get one, those are nice looking pups, good luck selling them!
Shipping a dog is not a problem. Oscar is actually headed north of the boarder.
Two pups left.
TTT
Doesn't take long to get shuffled to the double digits pages.
Saturday bump
I've got plans to start the pups on birds Friday afternoon. Once I start using birds, the price will be increased for the remaining two pups. You can still get a great puppy for $750.

[Linked Image]
Ttt
ttt
Ttt
Ttt

Ttt
© 24hourcampfire