Home
My 11 year old son wants to buy a Leupold Scope for his first rifle that he got for Christmas. I told him to save his money up and I would help him. He is very talented at weaving, and various crafts so I bought him a spool of Paracord and told him to make me a rifle sling. That's exactly what he did...and very well.
I want to use this as an important business lesson for him. To teach him to save up his money for the things he wants and to use his talents to earn a living. With the "Great Paracord Debacle" on here, it gave me the idea for him to make a few to sell. I will stand behind his work and personally check each sling before it is shipped. If you do not like it for any reason, send it back for a full refund minus return shipping. I will limit the first batch to 5 slings to insure he can keep up with the orders. The first 5 orders via time stamp will be in the first batch.
Black is the only color he will offer for the first batch. Average length is 36" for the sling...can make custom length if you prefer. They will come with high quality swivels.
$40 shipped
First 5 Ill take it followed by a PM. Cash, check or MO.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Well I'll take one then. . . . . .PM me the payment info.
I've all ready got one on order from Marty, and really don't need another one. How 'bout letting me send him $10.00 towards the scope? Many have done favors for me here and I'm always looking for ways to reciprocate, especially for kids.

PM me with an address so I can put a money order in the mail.
Sign me up and PM info.

Let me know what kind of Leupold he's looking for as well. Might be able to help the young man out, with dad's blessing.
I'll take one. Pm me the info.
Perfect for a new Mini 30

I would like to help a Ladd with good taste
Good Job both of you
Please PM me info

Thanks Hank
I'll take one.
Great project and life lesson.

I'm good for one or 2. No hurry if I'm moved to the second batch.

Thanks,

David
Well it looks like the first order is full, time to start on the second order. Good bunch of guys here.
I'll go for one on the 2nd order also, olive/black/ whatever - prefer a non-bright color.
And, how about some fun details: How long is the cord in the sling? All one piece cord? Etc.
Thanks, love supporting the life lesson.
Thanks a bunch guys. He is excited. It is about 80' of cord total. Three pieces.

First batch goes to:
Mirage243
8Snake
Smoke one
Boat boy
Fosteology
Mirage243...yours is ready to ship. Enjoy!
Thank you and good luck to your son in his business venture
I'd like to get in on the second batch, also would like an additional 4" to make it 40" oal.

Please pm when and where I can send funds

Thanks,
Matt
One headed your way 8Snake!
Thanks!
UPDATE . . . . .I received my sling today, quality was excellent and delivery was FAST. Let's help this young man out in his new business venture.
PM sent would like to get in on one, can certainly wait until others are served. I commend you not only on the lessons you are passing on to your son, but also on the example of character and integrity!
To the top for the little guy
I am in....send me a PM with payment info when you get around to it!

ROLL TIDE!
Send FatJack34 a sling that's about one second short. . . . .War Eagle
I will take a couple, what kind of Leupold is he after? Please Pm me with payment data. Thanks
Mirage....when I tossed that out there I just knew there was an outside shot that you were just a nipple south of T-Town! Hats off to you in the Iron Bowl....2013...
We just weren't good enough in the end
My sling arrived today and it is first-rate quality. I am very pleased!
Smokeone....here she comes!
Looking forward to it! Thanks!
Got mine today. The young entrepreneur is on to something. Good job! Can't wait to take it to the woods.
Now this man knows how to do business!

Travis
Thanks guys. He is really excited. He is finishing up his wave 1 commitments and then I will contact the guys for wave 2. I appreciate you guys helping me teach him this life lesson.
This 11 year old could teach a few adults here how to do business.

Nice work, and nice life lesson!

Eric
Oh Boatboy!!!! Yours ships in the morning.
Got it
It looks great

Thank You William

Hank
Guys my son is ready for another batch of orders. Please let me know if you would like one.
Thanks to all those that have participated. You have made the boy very happy yet very tired. Lol
Last bump...anyone else want one?
100% Made in USA of 100% USA Materials.
$40 shipped
I received my sling today and am very pleased with it. Included was a hand written note from William thanking me for my business. A fine gentleman for certain.
Razz
Man I have to say I am very impressed by the sling, better than any I've seen elsewhere. Would gladly buy another one.
Thanks guys for all the wonderful words of encouragement guys. It is because of your generosity I was able to teach him some very valuable lessons. He is an extremely talented 11 yr old boy that is crazy about everything outdoors. He was overwhelmed that this many people would even want his products much less pay him a "wage" to build them. He was taught work-ethic, trust, honesty, integrity and finances through all of this. I cannot thank the guys here on the Campfire enough.
William took a design that can be found on the internet and modified it to make it much more aesthetically pleasing. I told him that it would take more time to do it that way...he said he wanted to do it that way because it was HIS idea. Guess I learned a little something through this as well.
© 24hourcampfire