Home
With some hesitation, I am offering my Pedersoli 1874 Sharps Competition 45-70. I bought this rifle new in 2005 and have given it all the TLC it deserves in the years since. The rifle has not been altered in anyway. Included is a Lee Shaver mid-range Soule sight with Hadley eyecup. Original rear flip-up sight and front globe sight are also included. About 500 rounds have passed through this rifle, the first 50 of which were modern copper-jacketed bullets loaded over smokeless powder. The remaining rounds were cast lead over black powder. She shoots great with cloverleaf groups of three at 100 yards common if you do your job. I have used this rifle in several silhouette matches out to 500 yds and did well enough to hold my interest, though any lack of better scores was entirely my fault. She loves 535 gr. Postell bullets loaded to touching the lands (Pedersolis have a longer throat so a drive band and a half are exposed.). I never sized my brass nor crimped the bullets in. She is a heavy rifle at about 13 lbs. There is nary a mark on her as you can see in the photos. More photos available at:

http://s698.photobucket.com/user/cj...amp;_suid=139160370685306493128072385164

The only reason I have decided to part with this rifle is I picked up a Browning Highwall BPCR in 45-70 and a C. Sharps 1874 in 45-100. It makes no sense to me to let this fine rifle sit in the safe.

PRICE: $1600.00 shipped in ConUS.

Attached picture pedsharps%201__1391603073_71_90_88_130.jpg
Attached picture pedsharps%20action%20left%202__1391603111_71_90_88_130.jpg
Attached picture pedsharps%20breech%20sight%201__1391603177_71_90_88_130.jpg
Attached picture pedsharps%20chamber__1391603215_71_90_88_130.jpg
Attached picture pedsharps%20muzzle%20front%20sight%201__1391603145_71_90_88_130.jpg
ttt
ttt
$1400.00 shipped in conUS.
$1350.00 shipped in con US
Those are great pics of a beautiful piece... Wish I could trade you a .243 X-Bolt and a stack of cash for it. I've wanted one of those for a long time. I almost traded an AR for one a couple of years back and regretted not making the trade ever since. frown
Sent you a pm bgood50.
Somebody hurry up and buy this please. Save me. wink
You have email inbound Chuck.

Thanks,
Bill
I am always open to trade offers.
Dang that action looks spotless...
ttt
The action is spotless, as is the rest of the rifle both inside and out. I have about $1750.00 invested in 1995 dollars. The rifle is no longer made as far as I know.
sent
I am willing to share load data. My loads may not be the epitome of long range accuracy, but they sure do ring steel plates at 500 yards. I think I only scratched the surface of accuracy potential for this rifle. A tweak here and there...and better eyes....who knows?
...and nothing like that muffled whooompf, that long, gentle push and, the smell of black powder in the morning.
There is something special about shooting at 500 yards and beyond with a bullet traveling 1200 fps...you can touch off a round...set the butt of your rifle down...lift one side of your ear muffs and hear the bullet smack the plate...
Geeeeez...I might be talking myself out of this sale....maybe three buffler' guns isn't too many....
ttt
Bump

If I had the money it would be gone.
It's a heck of a deal!

Ed
Yes, it is a heck of a deal!! Someone must have dropped me on my head to be letting it go for that price, which is as low as I can go. Maybe it still being here is a sign to put her back into action and let all of you who hesitated to regret your lack of action.
Yes, it is a heck of a deal!! Someone must have dropped me on my head to be letting it go for that price, which is as low as I can go. Maybe it still being here is a sign to put her back into action and let all of you who hesitated to regret your lack of action.
Originally Posted by cjkostic

It's a lack of money, not desire! grin

Ed
PM sent
Well, all you hesitators, this baby is going to Montana.

Rifle is SPF to mtmisfit.

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest, sent their compliments, and just plain drooled over this fine rifle.
Congrats to the new owner.

I really wish that I had the funds.
© 24hourcampfire