Home
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Gentlemen,

I was wrong in how i handled the sling sale. It took me making a major mistake to figure out how wrong i was. I never thought that taking the money up front and then sending the product later was a bad idea. However, i did not anticipate some stuff that happened to us during the weeks right after the orders started coming in.

I learned a lot. I am also saying that Toad is being paid back. I have a money order going out to him Tuesday to cover all debt and square up with him.

Many of the things i told people that happened were totally unexpected, such as the death of my MIL. Some things were bad choices based on other people telling us things would happen that never did.

I got all the slings done and shipped except one, which i found in the car under the seat. I took it to the post office, but they were closed when i got there. It will go out on Tuesday.

I have made good on my end of the deal, and many people are reporting them in and made well. I hope we can leave it at that.

I am sorry i screwed up. I was not trying to screw anyone over, and i understand people not wanting to trust me for sales any more.

I will make some more slings, and then offer them for sale as already made products. If anyone wants custom stuff, i can do that still, but i will complete them before funds are to be sent.

Again, i am sorry i messed up.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Good thing you did right here... Let this man's actions be a lesson to others.

Geo
I don't know your situation, but I've heard it said that the hardest job to complete is one that has already been paid for.

Good luck.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Good on ya, Marty. Accept that you did wrong, don't make the same mistake(s) again, take care of your financial obligations, use this as a learning experience, and most guys will give you a pass.
Posted By: broomd Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Good enough for me....

Posted By: wageslave Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Excellent post I.E.
Impressed.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Never doubted that you'd make it right.
Posted By: SlimShady Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
I'm a fng here but I did read the entire sling debacle thread. I must admit I always respect folks that own their mistakes...and even more so when they try their best to right their wrongs. I think the idiots that dreamed up obamacare could take a few notes from ie84.
Way to Man up and eat the schittt sandwich you made. Takes a real man to stand up and atone for his wrongs.

This too shall blow over as an isolated incident and lesson learned.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Some people own them and others just make more excuses....you are better person for owning up!
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Good thing you did there.
Posted By: j2dogs Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
I think it is true as you age comes wisdom.
There something I have learned over the years. You can call it a Biblical principle of sowing and reaping, or you can call it karma, what ever you want to call it. I have seen it manfested to many times for me personally not to believe in it.
That is why my years have finally taught me to remember not to be to quick to judge, remembering that "Life" happens to all. When we are quick to judge others in situations we know little or nothing about, you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar its going to come your way some day. And maybe, just maybe the mercy or judgement you mete out will come back to you.
Thanks for posting this Marty.
Posted By: Mink Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Originally Posted by broomd
Good enough for me....

+1
Posted By: SKane Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Good on ya.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14

From my perspective, consider the air cleaned.

Good on 'ya.

Steve
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
I was not involved with the slings, but I appreciate and admire your post on this one. I would deal with you, with confidence, in the future.

Just sayin'

donsm70
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Sh*t happens. It's how we behave when it does that matters. Good on ya.
Posted By: lastborn Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
I think the idiots that dreamed up obamacare could take a few notes from ie84.
+1
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
If It's any consolation, you aren't the first to fall into the pre paid trap. I've seen several knife makers and bowyers ruined by it.
Posted By: coltfan Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Good to hear Marty. And for the record, I waited, heard from Marty via PM, and got my slings last week and they are fantastic. I've waited a lot longer for custom holsters, stock work, etc. and not been as pleased as how this turned out.

Coltfan
Posted By: tripleshock Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Don't know the particulars of this post but it takes a good man to man up and make things right for the involved party's.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Way to go..............we all make mistakes - its how we handle them that makes us!!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
A little humility goes a long long way. One other embattled poster has yet to learn that lesson.
I am glad you followed through on these orders and getting toad paid back. You're a better man for it.
Now, quit screwing around and go shoot something small and helpless. smile
Posted By: tack Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Well Done.

Tack
Posted By: EricM Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Nice post!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Way to man up!
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Way to own it!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
I ordered, and prepaid ( MY idea, not his�) Marty for 20 Dog leashes. They aren't due until April ( MY date choice, not his�) and I haven't lost any sleep over them making it on time. Marty has always been good at his word, and theres not many I can say that about...
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
80 million gun owners-5 million NRA members.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Wow--that took a real man. You actually admitted that it was truly you who was wrong. Maybe you could give lessons to others around here.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Very good, and a lesson learned, I think.
Posted By: deflave Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
Heartwarming.

Travis
Posted By: saddlering Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/17/14
I bought a sling from hin a year ago very nice work and fast shipping, and will do so again one day!
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
Good Marty, I have bought from you before and this thread makes me feel better about doing so again in the future.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
Posted By: slg888 Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Way to go..............we all make mistakes

True, but the OP will not have a monthly check-in with his probation officer for being a sex offender like yourself.
Posted By: selmer Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
"Again, i am sorry i messed up"

Our world would be a better place if more of us had the cajones to state those words without any sort of "...,but..." clause to finish it off. Good job.
Posted By: pgpapa Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
Good post bump
Posted By: TheGunnut Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
Originally Posted by slg888

True, but the OP will not have a monthly check-in with his probation officer for being a sex offender like yourself.

WTF.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/18/14
It's called humor.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/19/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's called humor.

Really?
You think sex crimes are funny?
Well I was a victim of rape when I was seventeen my 36 year old history teacher , Mrs Harris, repeatedly raped me over an 8 month period.
I'm barely over it...I get hard everytime someone mentions the Franco- Prussians.
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/19/14
grin
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/19/14

slg888 = You are seriously phfucked up!!!

Did you take your medication today??
Marty's sling arrived while I was in the hospital last week. It looks great, and I'm sure will outlast this old fart's remaing 20 to 30 years in the woods. Thanks for keep us posted and weathering this storm, Marty.
Posted By: toad Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/27/14
I also am happy to say that Marty sent me the money (plus a little extra) for the barrel I mentioned in the 'other thread'
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/27/14
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Wow--that took a real man. You actually admitted that it was truly you who was wrong. Maybe you could give lessons to others around here.

He just did. Bravo!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/27/14
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's called humor.

Really?
You think sex crimes are funny?
Well I was a victim of rape when I was seventeen my 36 year old history teacher , Mrs Harris, repeatedly raped me over an 8 month period.
I'm barely over it...I get hard everytime someone mentions the Franco- Prussians.

Okay, now I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard and monitor...
that was funny.
Glad to hear this was finally cleared up.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/27/14
Praise Geezus.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: Time to clear the air. - 02/28/14

Freaking awesome, absolutely nothing surprises me here anymore. Whether it be schitbirds shipping guns without bipods, selling stuff they don't have/made or outing sexual predators in a "I am sorry for being a deadbeat" thread, I am constantly entertained. Bravo gentlemen, brav-fawkin-O!!!
© 24hourcampfire