Home
I am in the market for a newer 4 door diesel truck. I have been looking around and thought I would see if anyone on here has one they are thinking of trading in or selling. Here is what I am looking for:

2008-2009 Ford king ranch or Lariat
2004-2007 Dodge Laramie
2006-2008 chevy duramax

I am looking for a like new truck (NO RUST). Want to stay away from the 6.0 fords. Also am looking for a automatic trans and leather interior. PM me with what you have
Green Bay Craigslist has a couple Dodges around $30K, Chev/Ford about 5K more.

I like what CL has in the vehicle section to narrow your search.

Man, diesel trucks are expensive and all have lots of miles IMO.

HM
If you can find a clean 03 or early 04 dodge you should consider that as well. The engine has one less injection event and is super reliable and gets great mileage. Hard to find though
bump
Still looking
bump!! I have some nice colt revolvers and a couple of 1911's I could trade towards a nice truck.
bump
pm sent to you
Still looking
Onpoint: As long as you are dreaming of a new truck let me relay this.
Back in 1996 I bought a brand new Dodge diesel 4x4 extended cab (Dodge did not offer the four door model that year) 3/4 ton with 5 speed manual transmission.
I have grown to LOVE this truck - it gets very good mileage (23 - 24 highway) as I drive it slower and on cruise a lot.
I have 120,000 miles on it now and have never had a problem with the engine or any other running gear - radio did puke though.
This 1996 Dodge diesel was the last year of the 12 valve models before they went to 24 valves and mileage suffered for some years after that.
I am not a mechanic nor very mechanically savy but I hear people I know and trust state their preference for these older 12 valve engines???
Again this diesel engine is a GEM and without flaws that I am aware of.
I wanted a truck to last "the rest of my life" and this may be it?
But if I were to have to buy another truck I would NOT buy a diesel!
Simply because of my outrage over the ongoing diesel price gouging!
Best of luck in your search - here in the west it seems all "used" trucks I come across for sale, are "high milers" (gas or diesel).
Again best of luck to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I am looking for a 4 door cab truck. 4 wheel drive. automatic trans.
He's long winded and not very helpful. Also 99 was the year of the 12 valve to 24 valve switch....which was a good one.
FYI Actually 98 was the switch 98 12 valve 98.5 24 valve bump
Pm sent on an 06 dodge with all your wanting
pm sent for more info
Originally Posted by Roddy1993
FYI Actually 98 was the switch 98 12 valve 98.5 24 valve bump

Sorry that's right forgot they do the half year.
[Linked Image]
bump
Still looking
2003 dodge Laramie also
still looking
still looking
How much money ya got !
I would love to find a 98 2500 club cab with diesel and 5spd manual. Most folks consider that one of the best. But dodge made it for 2 qtrs so that model is hard to find and most been ran into the ground.

Now back on topic I would dump those fords for sure that 6.4 is a ok engine it's better than the 6.0 but not much better
Still looking
My dad has a crew cab leather 08 duramax. He bought it new and it's very clean. He was just talking about trading it in on a new one. It's kind of a maroon reddish color. He has a topper for it too.

Idaho truck no rust.

Bb
Bb, PM sent
Still looking
Not sure why everyone bashes the ford 6.0 l diesel. I have 184000 on mine w/ NO engine issues. 17-18 mpg in an F350, with a fair load. What more do you want? This one is an extended cab w/ 8ft bed. Still going strong. Wife wanted a new one so it is available. 5 speed manual. And in northern MN to boot!
There was a lot of problems with the 6.0 motors. I no some had no problems. I am trying to stay away from them.

2006-2007 Dodge Laramie mega cab 5.9L
2003-2007 Dodge Laramie quad cab 5.9L

2004-2008 chevy/GMC crew cab leather

2008-2009 king ranch/lariat
Must have automatic,4X4 and leather
P.M. sent
Still looking
Still looking
Still looking
Still looking
still looking
Still looking
Still looking
I found one for you, Ford dealer, 97th and Lyndale.
Let me put my 2 cents in on trucks I'm a diesel truck freak if you ate going to buy one and not chip it up the 06 duramax is the way to go period it's the lbz motor after 07 all the emissions crap came on the but if you are going to put a chip and delete the emissions then the newer d max is a nice body and cab the ford until the 6.7 came out are junk but if you put 1500$ into a 6.0 you can have it bulletproofed and it will last forever do not and I mean do not buy a 6.4 it will give you more problems than u can afford 06 and up dodge are good but tranny is the weak link for the price u can get a 6.0 for they are the cheapest route but a 06 lbz duramax is the best route again this is my semi educated opinion I drive a 07 dirty max with efi live and 4 in mbrp exhaust 19.5mpg with 305/75/16 all terrian tires so do what you want shoot me a p.m and I would be more than happy to talk to u about this
After more research I am going to stay away from the ford stuff. The twin turbo 6.4 motor has been having some problems. So I guess I am leaning towards the 2003-2007 dodge cummins Laramie quad or mega cab and the GM Duramax 2004 2007. Thanks guys for all the help. The right one will show up. Had a couple I was considering that sold before I could get flights to go pickup.
Yeah check car fax and whenever u find one u have to jump on it they are the hottest thing in the used vehicle buisness
Just last night I bought a 2001 Ford F250 with the 7.3 engine. One owner, with 95,000 miles. Old school technology, but it should have lots of miles left in it, for substantially less than $10K.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire