Home
Posted By: gunnut308 Marlin Model 1895CB in 45/70 - 07/27/14
Comes with 2 boxes of Rem factory ammo and will be shipped in a hard plastic gun case.
Exc condition, I'd say 95% with a few tiny dings in the wood.
Has the octagon barrel 26 or 28" barrel, I can't remember.
I have never fired this rifle but I think it'd make a fine deer/bear/elk/zombie rifle.
����.$950 shipped to your ffl.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Do you know the year of manufacture? It is not a RM serial number is it? (pre Remington yes?) interested in ay trades to lower my cost some?

How bout nice 45/70 contender or something?

Scott
A pre safety cowboy model! Mega cool, there. I have seen very, very few of these.
Originally Posted by safariman
A pre safety cowboy model! Mega cool, there. I have seen very, very few of these.

No such thing (officially) . . . second pic shows the safety. There was a time, about 5-10 years ago when Marlin would do cowboy-conversions on old 336/1895s (pre-safety) to customer specs. With Marlin in its current state, that seems so long ago.
Originally Posted by safariman

Kinda hard to see if they don't exist, no?
I think I am seeing the safety, too, in photo 2.
Its a 1895CB (CowBoy) manufactured in 2001.. according to the serial number
Safety is in plain sight in second pic. Bump for a nice rifle!
I have the same rifle and it had the safety just like this one has the safety. I removed the safety on mine and replace it with the plug that looks just like screw. These rifles are super hunting rifles in the 45-70.
All original factory CB's have the X-Bolt safety, unless they have been plugged after purchase.

There are a few custom builds out there that are rebuilt with the original pre X-bolt Safety receivers, which were discontinued in 1982
The nostalgia of octagon barrels cries for the look of a pre X-Bolt receiver.
Supper bump
Amazing rifle
Were all these rifles (CB's) Ballard cut?
Yes Deacon, Ballard cut.
If I had the cash I would snap this one up. I have one and it is a SUPER hunting rifle. Good balance, great accuracy, with the hornady 325gr leverultion ammo great out to 300 yds on elk.
I'd work a trade on a nice clean Model 70 Super Grade or Stainless Classic or Classic Featherweight...
How about a stainless Model 700 .7mag ?
Bump for a trade...
Remington plus cash ?
Cash is King� Really looking for an "Eye Candy" Model 70 in a trade. I have a pile of 700's that a goat couldn't climb over, thanks for the interest though.
I have cash to sweeten the deal...
SBH Hunter - Stainless, 44 Mag - 6.25" Bbl, Birdshead Micarta Grips, Trigger Job by John Gallagher; Lawman leather... Can text pics...

205 937 4924
Still for sale
These are find rifles. In the middle of buying another house or I'd seriously be tempted.
��.$935 shipped ��...
SOLD - Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire