Home
I've been searching for one of these for a long time...

I'm looking to build a sporter from a Mexican Mauser. I would really like it in 7x57 aka 7mm Mauser. I would really prefer something already sporterized because I do not really like cutting up historical objects. I'm not looking to spend a mint as this will be a project. These are small ring 98 Mausers...Not a 93/95 like the older Chileans. I'm interested in either a model 1910 or a model 1936. The receiver ring will say "Fabrica de Armas de Nacional Mexico". If you have one laying around shoot me an offer.
Interested in just the action and bottom metal, w/ trigger?????
Excellent condition.
PMs responded to. Up
^
I also have just the action; is is the 1936 and in great condition. Email is interested:

[email protected]
I have one already sporterized. Think I have a small ring barrel for it. Me an email or phone # for pics.
Jkob PM and email sent
Ron
PM/emails sent. ^
UP
bump
up
There are two on gunbroker they are calling one of them a 96 but it looks like a 98 to me. There not 7x57 but barrels can be swapped out.
Thanks badger...you're right, the one is a 98. Too pricey for a project gun. Still looking...
Mexican mausers are hard to come by and pricey
tt
Jpretle just popped up on here @ 30min ago.
knock knock somebody out there has what your lookin for right here on the campfire.
I've spoken to Jim about his Mex Mauser action. It's a very fine specimen, but I'm hoping to find a barreled action. Once again, Coyo is looking out and I appreciate it. I also appreciate your help Kcollector.
^
up
up
I got a couple of take off barrels from 1910 Mexican Mausers in 7x57 with very good boresin case you find a suitable action. If interested, please PM me if interested. Mel
PM sent
^
^
^
I could put a new barrel on it.
I was actually able to get a hold of one for $250 shipped to my FFL.

Actually, I ended up buying a Husqvarna 1640 to make into a lightweight 7x57, so this Mex will go in the future project box. Thanks to everyone who made me offers and gave me advice.

~jaeger
© 24hourcampfire