Home
Modified Springfield Armory 1903 in 30-06 for sale with great stock and shiny bore. Action is pure. Manufactured in 1913. First "I'll take it" wins. $400 plus shipping. Will ship in hard case insured to your FFL. Text or PM me with questions or if you'd like more photos. 406-407-0764.

Attached picture 1903 - 1.JPG
Attached picture 1903 - 2.JPG
Attached picture 1903 - 3.JPG
Thanks.
Evening bump for the night owls and early risers in the AM....
New price.......$400
Barrel date?
5-44
Looks a lot like a rearsenaled "guard gun" that were cranked out on low # actions (no they were not all destroyed contrary to Hatcher) for use in "guarding" defense plants using the low powered "guard cartridge".

Somebody stuck it in a 1922 stock and added the rear sight after war service. I'm sure it could be "parted out" for more than $400.

Sad that the action was parked (poorly) or it could serve as a nice basis for a pre WWI clone 1903. Rifles made in 13' were fitted and finished to a standard of a fine G&H sporting rifle. Like this one from 1910.

[Linked Image]
7X64FN, Thank you for the information. Yes, you can tell the action is very good and it is smooth as glass. Although the bore is pristine as well, I do know that the gun was shot some in the '50's. I can discuss most modern firearms all day but am at a loss when it comes to 1903's and their variations. I am truly ignorant. I am hoping that someone appreciates the rifle and its history. Thanks again for your insight. Regards, Henry
Henry, the issue with some folks who treat everything Hatcher said as the word of God is that this is a "low number" action and deemed unsafe by Hatcher.

For decades I had a $1000 challange out there to anyone who could produce a low number 03, with correct headspace and shot with modern ammo, that "blew up".
Never had to pay.

Good luck with your sale.

best, Larry
Larry,

Thank you. I know for sure this gun has handled MANY normal 30-06 loads accurately and with no issues.

Regards,
Henry
Wasen't it shown that the cause of blow ups was trying to fire 8mm cartridges in the rifles? That was what I was always told. I have had a couple of Sedgley rifles that were made with low number actions, never had any problems with either rifle. I've never heard of a Sedgley rifle blowing up.
Well, we've gone from selling a pretty cool rifle to talking about 1903's blowing up....thanks????
Originally Posted by HEB330
Well, we've gone from selling a pretty cool rifle to talking about 1903's blowing up....thanks????

WOW......
For you early risers......a weekend special of $350 plus shipping.........

Regards,
Henry
For a better view....
What's it weigh?
Interesting rifle.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Wasen't it shown that the cause of blow ups was trying to fire 8mm cartridges in the rifles? That was what I was always told. I have had a couple of Sedgley rifles that were made with low number actions, never had any problems with either rifle. I've never heard of a Sedgley rifle blowing up.

8x57s were one of the causes and almost all can be traced to the nut behind the bolt.
I collected Sedgleys for decades, had 60+ once. All Sedgleys were built with low number actions with the govt serial # eradicated and a new one put in the bolt sear raceway. Exceptions were actions supplied by the owner. One of mine was a 9.3x62 with a 4 digit action serial #. It never blew up in several trips to Africa.

Now I have four deluxe models left:

a short action Hornet (one of three documented short actions)
a 22-06 probably 1 of 1
a 6.5x55 probably 1 of 1
a 400 Whelen with the correct G&H chamber. Never seen another

They all get hunted, I hate safe queens.

OP's rifle has more value as parts than as a whole and as it was built from parts taking it apart is no sin.

best, Larry
if that thing is still 350 I will take it.
[b][/b]Sorry, the 1903 has sold.
© 24hourcampfire