Home
Custom Savage. It started as a 204, but I had it cut back and chambered to 20 Tactical (uses regular 223 brass). 22" heavy barrel. The action was blue printed by Sharp Shooter, it has an over-size lug, Sharp Shooter trigger (much better than accu-trigger), Tactical bolt handle, and a Bell and Carlson Carbelite Stock. Also sent the bolt out to Gre-tan and had it bushed and put in a smaller diameter firing pin. This rifle will shoot under an inch all day. I have several pdog kills out past 500 yards with it. Comes with bases installed. I have 270 rounds of 40 grain Nosler Balistic tips, and 44 rounds of 40 grain Hornady V-Max that I loaded specifically for this rifle. Same load and I found both bullets to shoot equally well. Rifle and ammo $650 shipped in conus.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here are 5 shots I took just for the sale. I have shot under .5 with a better scope on it.
[Linked Image]

Great round for p-dogs! Bump for cool caliber
Thank you 17 wizzer.
TTT
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 20 Tactical Varmint Rifle - 06/05/15

free bump......

every dog shooter should have a 20.....or two....
You're right tikkanut. I've had many. 20s are awesome.

TTT
Posted By: pdog2062 Re: 20 Tactical Varmint Rifle - 06/06/15
You say it uses 223 brass,is it a 20 tactical or 20 practical?The 20 practical is a 223 simply necked down to 20 caliber.
It is a 20 tactical. The 20 practical is very similar. They both use 223 brass necked down, but the tactical is fire formed after the first shot for a different shoulder angle.
FWIW, Lapua also makes factory Tactical .20 brass (Headstamped Dakota, but it's Lapua).
ttt
© 24hourcampfire